Oppo Camp Regular Non Eagles Discussion V2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
From memory, Matt Rosa was pretty pissed he was sub for the prelim and grand final. After having a stellar full game against the Hawks in the qualifying final.

So far pre draft they have no CEO, a new President, Anticipated to lose further board members, Dodoro is suspected to be on the block as well.
Never Change Essendon, what a Rabble.
This is before we get to potential players that might want to jump ship
Good luck to them trying to entice people to come to that place.

Brisbane's response to the Zorko/Petty incident has ruined any goodwill I had towards them in this upcoming finals series.

Hope Richmond smashes them off the park and Zorko is carted off on a stretcher early on.
* Brisbane, what about the AFL? The Selwood incident in 2007 went straight to the tribunal (because there were no rules around it), and McGinnity was suspended in 2011 after he was "charged under an AFL code of conduct regarding respect to women after he made comments about Petterd's mother".

It's the same ******* thing here with Zorko. The rules still exist. Suspend the campaigner.

* Brisbane, what about the AFL? The Selwood incident in 2007 went straight to the tribunal (because there were no rules around it), and McGinnity was suspended in 2011 after he was "charged under an AFL code of conduct regarding respect to women after he made comments about Petterd's mother".

It's the same ******* thing here with Zorko. The rules still exist. Suspend the campaigner.

One million times this

Lame. I just want GC to get some continuity for a change
I think the AFL as a whole are happy with the unexpected result of clubs being able to trade their high draft picks for sure things instead of having to take the chance on whether a kid will develop.

I would have thought wanting to love someones mother in a special way is not as bad as wishing her dead.

I would have thought wanting to love someones mother in a special way is not as bad as wishing her dead.

Unless you want her dead before loving her in a special way....... I'm not putting that past Zorko either.

Zorko got off purely for 2 reasons. 1. Both clubs were happy with the resultant apology and how the Lions got around the Demons players and FC as well as a lengthy in person apology from Zorko. 2. Finals are coming up and the AFL still found a way to * them by suspending one of their players.

Unless you want her dead before loving her in a special way....... I'm not putting that past Zorko either.

Zorko got off purely for 2 reasons. 1. Both clubs were happy with the resultant apology and how the Lions got around the Demons players and FC as well as a lengthy in person apology from Zorko. 2. Finals are coming up and the AFL still found a way to * them by suspending one of their players.
Thats also how the Pat McG case sould have been maturely handled.

Now i'm old and come from a different time when it comes to sport and footy, But I was a much more talented fast bowler than WAFL colts player. But I can tell you Sledging even it really was over the line was finished at the end of the game and you'd have a beer with the opposition at the end of the days play or game and apologise if it went too far.

I was renowned for white line fever but one of the nicest blokes on the team off it. What is socially acceptable then isn't how however I am just so god damn sick of the ******* virtue signalling by the AFL and players not being able to stand up for themselves.

The truth is most people act far worse in business in regards to emotional bullying and sketchy tactics in business on a day to day basis (normally it's clients and customers) than anything on a football field.

You want to see the worst in people, just get people who don't come from old money involved in business deals worth 100k+ to 1million+ I've seen and had directed at me multiple death threats, threats of violence to friends, family and the like all from supposed family oriented businesspeople in far worse ways than anything that happens on a footy field.

Grampa Simpson Meme GIF by MOODMAN

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The AFL has to take a stance. If they don't like trash talk then introduce a proper rule. And I don't mean trash talk like "you're s**t campaigner", properly offensive stuff, not just deciding week to week.

I don't particularly like it, but it's occasions like these that highlights how much of a bush league it is.

So far pre draft they have no CEO, a new President, Anticipated to lose further board members, Dodoro is suspected to be on the block as well.
Never Change Essendon, what a Rabble.
This is before we get to potential players that might want to jump ship
Good luck to them trying to entice people to come to that place.
money talks.

I'd play anywhere for millions

Also.. on Rankine etc why not just have a rule if you're drafted to that club you have to stay there your whole career. Bad luck chuck

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Now i'm old and come from a different time when it comes to sport and footy, But I was a much more talented fast bowler than WAFL colts player. But I can tell you Sledging even it really was over the line was finished at the end of the game and you'd have a beer with the opposition at the end of the days play or game and apologise if it went too far.

I was renowned for white line fever but one of the nicest blokes on the team off it. What is socially acceptable then isn't how however I am just so god damn sick of the ******* virtue signalling by the AFL and players not being able to stand up for themselves.

The truth is most people act far worse in business in regards to emotional bullying and sketchy tactics in business on a day to day basis (normally it's clients and customers) than anything on a football field.

You want to see the worst in people, just get people who don't come from old money involved in business deals worth 100k+ to 1million+ I've seen and had directed at me multiple death threats, threats of violence to friends, family and the like all from supposed family oriented businesspeople in far worse ways than anything that happens on a footy field.

I can relate to this post, both the footy comments and the ones about seeing the true colour of someone’s personality if money is involved.

I too, am from a bygone era where after the game both teams sat together in the home teams Members Bar and shared a beer or six. The umpires also joined the two teams for a beer.
The post game drinks with the umpires and both teams, added a really good dynamic to the relationship between players and umpires.

Before every game the umpire would come into both sets of change rooms and check your finger nails, boot studs and have a few words ….. of what he would be focusing on and we were all …. forewarned that pushing in the back in a marking contest ( by way of example ) was going to be under the spot light.

All the players called the umpires by their name, or nickname and had good relationships with the umps and if we had some frustration we were able to discuss it amicably together over a beer after the game.
If we mouthed off at the umpire during the game… we would get one warning only …. “ do that again and it’s a free against you” ….. if you transgressed again a free way given and it was you teams mates that told you to keep your * mouth shut.

I was on the end of…. and gave out…..plenty sledges ( I was pretty vocal and chirpy on the field ), but once the siren blew …. It was back to real life friendships.

I made some great friendships with guys who I went to war against on the footy field.

The Perth Test Matches at the WACA were great gatherings also, as there was a general gather of the footy players from all the Clubs in the league that would gather next to the bar near the scoreboard.
The banter, friendship and camaraderie was brilliant.

I actually think that the footballers and umpires then enjoyed the game and the social side of it much better and the level of respect to all players and umpires was better than it is now.

All that was a long time ago and as such I am probably just an old shouty boomer, that lives in a faraway land, in a time long past.

I can relate to this post, both the footy comments and the ones about seeing the true colour of someone’s personality if money is involved.

I too, am from a bygone era where after the game both teams sat together in the home teams Members Bar and shared a beer or six. The umpires also joined the two teams for a beer.
The post game drinks with the umpires and both teams, added a really good dynamic to the relationship between players and umpires.

Before every game the umpire would come into both sets of change rooms and check your finger nails, boot studs and have a few words ….. of what he would be focusing on and we were all …. forewarned that pushing in the back in a marking contest ( by way of example ) was going to be under the spot light.

All the players called the umpires by their name, or nickname and had good relationships with the umps and if we had some frustration we were able to discuss it amicably together over a beer after the game.
If we mouthed off at the umpire during the game… we would get one warning only …. “ do that again and it’s a free against you” ….. if you transgressed again a free way given and it was you teams mates that told you to keep your * mouth shut.

I was on the end of…. and gave out…..plenty sledges ( I was pretty vocal and chirpy on the field ), but once the siren blew …. It was back to real life friendships.

I made some great friendships with guys who I went to war against on the footy field.

The Perth Test Matches at the WACA were great gatherings also, as there was a general gather of the footy players from all the Clubs in the league that would gather next to the bar near the scoreboard.
The banter, friendship and camaraderie was brilliant.

I actually think that the footballers and umpires then enjoyed the game and the social side of it much better and the level of respect to all players and umpires was better than it is now.

All that was a long time ago and as such I am probably just an old shouty boomer, that lives in a faraway land, in a time long past.

Worst sledge I ever got was from DK at the bar in 2008 after Johnson took 7 wickets for 12 runs. "Still think I reckon you're the best junior left armer i've ever seen?" Having a chat with a couple of mates, had known him since I was 11 and he just walked up, dropped that, walked off and ordered me a beer. ******* savage.

Seems like a life time ago. Life's lesson was that its a game get over it and move on. Oddly enough the worst white-line fever was often the preserve of the nicest gents off field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back