Oppo Camp Regular Non Eagles Discussion V2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

For those that watch a lot of footy, was Gawn an obvious choice for AA? Or is it another case of the position is his even if he has an average season?

Witts was better for mine, but Gawn's basically getting the Pendlebury/Rance/Selwood AA treatment now.

To be fair, there's not a Captains a-hole amongst that bunch beyond Max Gawn, he should have got it by default.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So glad I don’t give a s**t about AA. Taking it seriously is like taking the weekly Sliding Doors column seriously.

Eagles AA players: deserve it and will be used as examples in arguments.

Non-Eagles AA players: selection is a sham and I can name 5 better players for each position.

But seriously it's not hard - Coleman Medallist for FF if they are a KPP and if there is a captain in the team, then they are AA captain ahead of anyone that isn't a captain. It's not hard.

To be fair, there's not a Captains a-hole amongst that bunch beyond Max Gawn, he should have got it by default.
He gets in to the All Australian team each year by default, so it would fit.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Eagles AA players: deserve it and will be used as examples in arguments.

Non-Eagles AA players: selection is a sham and I can name 5 better players for each position.

But seriously it's not hard - Coleman Medallist for FF if they are a KPP and if there is a captain in the team, then they are AA captain ahead of anyone that isn't a captain. It's not hard.
The former is what I rage against tbh. eg “McGovern got some AA, so worth $2 million a year”

It’s bonkers how they auto select (let alone give Captaincy to) KPP/Rucks just because they are big names. Happens with a lot of them, including our blokes over the years

Maynard/Stewart over Sicily and Hawkins over Lynch the only really bad calls imo. Thought they did a good job this year tbh.
Lynch missed 4 games but yeah Sicily robbed behind Maynard and Stewart (Stewart would have been a lock if he played every game, but same could be said about Lynch).

The Hawkins wankathon continues
Been given the All Australian FF when 3rd (2022), 5th (2012) and 6th (2019) on the goal kicking table.

At least he deserved selection this year, even if Curnow should have been given the blue ribbon role. Very strong argument for Tom Lynch as well, especially with just as many goals from 4 less games.

Hawkins selections in 2012 and 2019 were a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back