Oppo Camp Regular Non Eagles Discussion V2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cunnington had surgery to remove a tumour this week.

North Melbourne star Ben Cunnington has undergone surgery to remove a testicular tumour this week.

The Kangaroos announced in a statement on Wednesday afternoon that scans revealed the small tumour on Monday and that it was fully removed the following day.

North Melbourne football boss Brady Rawlings asked for respect of the 30-year old’s privacy during this time.

Fun player to watch, hopefully a full recovery and back playing footy soon.

---------------------------

RE: Freo, Im surprised they never went with Bullsharks to start with. Strong name, and aren't going to get sued by a pair of pants.

The should bring back the anchor to be fair. Their current strip has no soul, much like the tripe.

Interesting to read Josh Carr's comments to Fox Sports on retro round.

"I think its great to see many of the traits that were around when I was at the club, are still there.

Good to see hard men like Lobby and Willo continue to instill the fear in opponents that Matty and me did.

Great that the club continues to not discriminate against shorter players. Not that I am saying blokes like Shultz, Colyer, Crowden and Giro have the skills I had, or even belly did, because they really are pretty shite. On Belly, he's a funny man. I got his jokes and he got mine. Everyone elses just seemed to go over Belly's and my heads.

One thing I do envy about the club now is that, even though its so 2010's, is that the players get to have man buns.

Gee if I have had one of those in my day, Kicketty would slapped me around like Phil Reads head on derby day. Mind you, it would have got Byron even more excited that he was on that day when my towel slipped off in the changerooms. And people wonder why we call him the Schazammer!

Ah retro round, brings back all my Freo career highlights. What highlights you ask?

Well like ........................................................... getting to ruffle Cuzz's hair was pretty special.

Also, getting to invest in Geraldton real estate with Belly may have cost me lots of doolah, but it gave me good insight as to why he will succeed as Freo's GM."

Purple logic, gotta love it

I think it was the "West Coast" thing which wasn't an Australian way to refer to our side of the country. But it is in America to refer to the "West Coast". At least that's what they were arguing many moons ago when I let them know:

"Number of American companies the Eagles have to have agreements with to use their IP: 0"

Just between rugby league and AFL there seems to be at least 40-odd clubs with the name 'Eagles' in them.

Dockers can at least claim rarity. In AFL there's only Ulladulla Dockers Football Club and rugby league there's only Five Dock Dockers

Burnie Dockers as well in Tassie

Copied Fremantle logo, club song copied from the Hawks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawthorn and four-time premiership coach Alastair Clarkson part ways

Hawthorn and its legendary premiership coach Alastair Clarkson will part ways at the end of the season, and potentially sooner.

The decision was reached on Thursday after a meeting between the Hawthorn board and Clarkson’s management in which the two parties agreed that the coach would receive a full payout.

The arranged marriage between Clarkson and Sam Mitchell was further-eroded earlier this week when a group of senior players confided to club bosses that the situation was proving untenable.

This meeting is understood to have taken place on Wednesday and involved the senior leadership group, club boss Justin Reeves and football director Richie Vandenberg.

Vandenberg and Clarskon are understood to have spoken following that meeting and the two parties agreed that Clarkson would finish his illustrious tenure at the end of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back