Avalor

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 15, 2009
Jakarta
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Perth, Donnybrook, Chelsea
Or we could scrap the stand rule?...and just actually call the as written penalties for encroaching over the mark, which they refused to do and Hawthorn and Richmond abused the hell out of for most of the last decade.

It really looks ridiculous watching players run around the man on the mark while they stay glued to the spot like a cricketer in the 1800's, fearful of the umpires wrath.

Rules upon rules because they are always trying to "curate" the look of the game and making problems where none should exist.

100% on the money, and the 50 metre rule is a blight on the game.

What’s the go with Ben Cousins these days? Looks like he’s coming good.

Did anyone catch his public speaking at the Italian club recently. Keen to know how he’s travelling and what he spoke about
Fingers crossed he’s turned a corner.

There was an ad on channel basil last night for some top 10 moments inWA footy which had players talking about the big moments which included Cousins talking

It also had some Freo players (Walters and Fyfe) so I’m not sure if it’ll be a genuine top 10

Happy Mastenator

Chris Masten's Sock Puppet
Apr 16, 2010
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast

Did anyone catch his public speaking at the Italian club recently. Keen to know how he’s travelling and what he spoke about
Not sure, but certainly seems to be cleaning his life up. Like all addicts though it will be a constant battle to avoid slipping back into past behavior.

I don't think people in the East understand how much Eagles fans (and by default most of Perth) love Ben Cousins (at his best he's a cheeky, outgoing, easy to like guy) and are willing to forgive a lot if he can get clean.

We are all pulling for him.

Feb 26, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Last I saw he was watching his ammo side win a flag with his kids. Seems like he's doing very well which is so good to see.

I also noticed a West headline that he's been invited to the Brownlow as it's in Perth this year. Unfortunately The Worst paywall all their Cousins articles so that's all I know about it.

ioppolo

This only ends one way.
Oct 3, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea, OKC Thunder, Scorchers
Sam Kerr seems so level-headed.

Ridiculously talented family. Too bad Daniel is a nutjob.
10 years between herself and Daniel. That kind of gap definitely makes a difference with parenting amongst other things (there's 11 years between my girlfriend and sister in law and it's quite noticeable)

KERRPOW

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 28, 2008
in a town near you
AFL Club
West Coast
10 years between herself and Daniel. That kind of gap definitely makes a difference with parenting amongst other things (there's 11 years between my girlfriend and sister in law and it's quite noticeable)
100%

13yr age gap between me (eldest) and my sister (youngest).

My parents were much more strict, 'yelly/impatient/diciplined' with me than her. I got smacked as a kid, half the time warranted i guess. Held to a mich higher account with school grades etc etc.

Literally got yelled at if i got anything less than an A.

I guess every parent softens as each kid comes along.

Dec 8, 2006
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
100%

13yr age gap between me (eldest) and my sister (youngest).

My parents were much more strict, 'yelly/impatient/diciplined' with me than her. I got smacked as a kid, half the time warranted i guess. Held to a mich higher account with school grades etc etc.

Literally got yelled at if i got anything less than an A.

I guess every parent softens as each kid comes along.

And that's why you burned down their house :moustache:

Oct 29, 2007
Perth Western Australia
AFL Club
West Coast

A lot wrong with this list but 2012 being 7th is a farce. Should be at the very least top 3.

2020 wasn't even a top 30 GF lol

Agree 2012 should be higher.

I remember in our lockdown last year when they showed a top 10 GF's and i finally watched the 89 GF...Maybe because i was too young to remember 80's footy but that was nothing special and not sure why it always got talked up.

Eddie just said there's not enough video cameras in Perth to do a Grand Final parade

The salt ratio is unbelievable

All the video cameras in Perth are being used to film and monitor the supposed terrorist attacks, that Gill is so worried and concerned about.

Apr 29, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast

Think hes doing one the the GF lunches (maybe the Camfield one?)

Goroyals22

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 29, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
2020 wasn't even a top 30 GF lol

Agree 2012 should be higher.

I remember in our lockdown last year when they showed a top 10 GF's and i finally watched the 89 GF...Maybe because i was too young to remember 80's footy but that was nothing special and not sure why it always got talked up.

Its really only raved about because of the brutality and the fact it was a close margin. Everyone forgets hawthorn led by 6-7 goals most of the way through the game…

xInfected_Virus

Team Captain
Apr 23, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Richmond and Collingwood.
Many people forgot that the Dogs and Dees are a top 2 side for most of the year prior to the Dogs form slump in the last month of the H&A season.

Geez, Port are well and truly pretenders who choke (failing to kick straight in the 2014 PF, Shuey sinking them in 2017 at AO after the siren, falling to the Tigers at home PF and now this belting at home). They only beaten top 8 sides three times (barely beaten Sydney at home and against an decent Giants side at Marvel) and a top four side once and that was when the Bulldogs are in the middle of their form slump. When they beaten the Cats in the qualifying final, the Cats were already cooked coming in (their aging list has haunted them) and were running on fumes against a mid tier Giants side and it showed against the Dees along with an outdated gameplan like our one. It was like if Port was expected to be in the grand final and they just didn't show any effort combined with poor tactics from Hinkley such as not tagging Libba when it had great effect during the last time they played. I don't rate Hinkley as a coach and in hindsight, the Port board should've waited until the end of the year before offering him a two year extension.

Brisbane had no right finishing fourth if Cole didn't have a brain fade in our last match against them. It showed when they choked against a travelling Dogs side. But then they were missing a rising gun KPF in Hipwood and the even more important KPF in McStay who are the cornerstone of Brisbane's forward line prior to Daniher's arrival which I think would've made a difference against the Dog's key defense. Sure the Digs were missing Bruce but Schache can cover for him even though he may not be as good.

Last edited:

Selurs

Team Captain
Feb 21, 2008
In the bank's house
AFL Club
West Coast
Many people forgot that the Dogs and Dees are a top 2 side for most of the year prior to the Dogs form slump in the last month of the H&A season

Please, we were a top 8 team for most of the season. No way did we deserve to play finals though.

Dogs shat the bed hard at the end of the season. The didn't deserve top 4.

I reckon Beverage is a complete psycho. Can't help but fiddle with the game plan. When they're struggling, it helps because he'll eventually find something that works, but conversely when they're going well he'll eventually tinker the team OUT of form. He's one win away from twice taking a team through a finals hot streak though, so perhaps there's some method to the madness...

Brian Cook taking the job of CEO of Carlton is bad news. Comfortably the best administrator in the game and knows what he’s doing

If he can’t turn them around it’s time the club was folded and their license given to Tasmania

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back