Oppo Camp Regular Non Eagles Discussion V2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydney were fleeced for Dawson, Melbourne's first will be a shitty pick, they will make prelim week next season at the very least.
This is Melbourne. There is still every chance they party way too hard, come back as the Melbourne we all know and finish 7-10

So Clark has told BODE to basically go and f themselves.

I would have told wells, fine I have a contract, but I am going to make it as unbearable as possible for playing group that next year, you will be begging someone to take me.

I would have told wells, fine I have a contract, but I am going to make it as unbearable as possible for playing group that next year, you will be begging someone to take me.
You know the playing group are his friends, irrespective of his desire to leave, right?

He will know that if he isn't traded the best thing for his career is to put in 100% next year and seek to improve, even if that is at Geelong.

Understand his frustration though. Geelong have screwed him around, not given him a game over some massive spuds, and now they are saying he's extremely valuable. * off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Finish trade period, think Freo did well and dissappointed with WC's efforts.

Finish next season, have a little giggle about Freo's last trades and are less dissappointed about WC's efforts.

Rinse repeat.
What efforts of WCE are you disappointed in? We didn't have any young guns or A graders requesting a trade and we landed SPS for pick 52, which leaves us a relatively strong draft hand.

You don't trade just for the sake of it.

Thats the trade period over for another year:

So who was the big winner ?

Peter Bell V Stephen Wells.

download-2.jpg V download-4.jpg

What were they fighting over.

download-5.jpg

Did we get a winner ?

Oh yeah .............................. I think so.

627d05cf3995c09b18f5bbafb2647d20 - Copy.jpg

Finish trade period, think Freo did well and dissappointed with WC's efforts.

Finish next season, have a little giggle about Freo's last trades and are less dissappointed about WC's efforts.

Rinse repeat.
Freo overpaid for Clark and got the bare minimum for Cerra, while basically trading out of next years draft.

Pick 19 was a good get but Brodie is just an overpriced list clogger, and Rory Lobb doesn’t want to be there. Not much of a win, if at all IMO.

I think you miss the point, its not a comment on this year alone.
We don't really need to be active though. We've only ever traded for needs and Kelly is the biggest name player I can recall us making a trade for in recent memory. I think our trading has actually been quite astute in a lot of cases as, other than Kelly/Wellingham, we've got our man and haven't overpaid for it. Players also don't leave that often so other than the Ebert trade, where we got shafted, and the Selwood FA compo, I think WCE generally perform quite well.

SPS for a low pick, Witherden for an even lower one, stuff all for the random bit players of the likes of Ah Chee, Hickey, Vardy, etc, under for Yeo and, of course, the gold coast second rounders which got us Ryan and Allen. We shat the bed in the draft by picking Brander but the trade itself was great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back