Oppo Camp Regular Non Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Can not stand the Cats, but god I admire them. So professional and well coached (pains me to say)

They are one of the few sides that actually adjusts their gamestyle to somewhat nullify the oppo rather than just playing the exact same way every week. Ground breaking stuff
So much better than the standard "we'll back our system in" approach

Can not stand the Cats, but god I admire them. So professional and well coached (pains me to say)

They are one of the few sides that actually adjusts their gamestyle to somewhat nullify the oppo rather than just playing the exact same way every week. Ground breaking stuff

Have been the best H&A side over the last decade since their last flag but have shat the bed in finals

Gotta admire their ability to be in contention year in year out even if they haven’t been able to capitalise on it

They are also a side with the biggest advantage in the league. Genuine home ground advantage and a Victorian schedule. Last year they did well so fair play, but every other year they s**t the bed in finals after looking great in the H+A, and that can only be due to one thing.

This year they’ve actually looked better and more complete. But in past years where there’s one game separating 2nd and 5th I think their advantage is a huge swing in finishing position.

Word has it Gary Rohan has cheated again, now on his new partner. With Lachie Henderson's missus. Guy is a straight up qunt

The bigger issue is we live in a world where there are women who are attracted to Gary Rohan. I don't want to live in this world.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

we are a middle club of a group of middle clubs... at the moment.

What way we go is yet to be seen....

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app
Think its gonna be down, unfortunately:

* Bunch of stars reaching the end/ set to retire
* Player fitness and work ethic in question
* Coaches box severely hampered by covid layoffs
* Inability to address outdated gameplan
* No real spectacular highlights coming from the 2s
* Club seems more interested in addressing money problems right now as opposed to onfield problems

Reckon we're set to flounder in and out of the 8 for a couple of years.

* Club seems more interested in addressing money problems right now as opposed to onfield problems

Depends on how ruthless we get with coaching. There is still a really good core of players for the next 2-3 seasons, the coaches need to figure out how to get the best of them.

The Cliff is a few season away, when guys like: Shuey, Nic, Gov, Gaff, Darling, Shep are no longer around. We have started training replacements I defence and attack, but the midfield is the obvious area where we lack depth.

Depends on how ruthless we get with coaching. There is still a really good core of players for the next 2-3 seasons, the coaches need to figure out how to get the best of them.

The Cliff is a few season away, when guys like: Shuey, Nic, Gov, Gaff, Darling, Shep are no longer around. We have started training replacements I defence and attack, but the midfield is the obvious area where we lack depth.

It's a delicately balanced phase of understanding our list. If the club leaders get it wrong, the damage will drag on for some time.

I want us pushing for finals every year. We have high standards and that's paid off. But I don't want us throwing our future in the bin for a smaller and smaller chance that we eek out a premiership with a list of aging stars (Cats).

Geelong might pull it off this year, but they're already preparing for next year by signing Selwood and saying quarters should be reduced ala 2020 (which clearly is a huge advantage when half your team has one foot in the retirement home). I believe their strategy is one only the Vics can pull off with any success. It's too laborious on interstate teams to carry old boys with all the niggles, sitting on the plane so frequently and for so long.

If we spend 2-3 years out of the 8 because we've turned our focus to youth then I back the club on their assessment of the list. I'm not saying that should start in 2022 necessarily, just that we've been spoilt with the success of this club and if blooding the kids for another crack in a few years means missing some finals, I'm down.

Yeah definitely has the downward vibe

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Geelong also got Steve Hocking coming in as CEO which is going to give them inside Knowledge of AFL operations and strategy . How is that not an advantage?

The game tonight may be delayed or played tomorrow, apparently Richmond are stuck in traffic. No joke. What a sh*t show.

Gives the Tigers an excuse for not turning up I suppose...

Just as long as they don't make a stop at a kebab shop on the way this time.

The game tonight may be delayed or played tomorrow, apparently Richmond are stuck in traffic. No joke. What a sh*t show.

They should forfeit. Why should Brisbane be inconvenienced by Richmond's poor time management?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back