Oppo Camp Regular Non Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the risk of earning a day off, I'm going to toss a truth bomb here.
You get to play all of your 11 home games at your home ground. Richmond play 10.
Of your 11 home games, 1 of them is a neutral game with no home ground advantage.
Of Richmonds 10 home games , 5 of them are neutral games with no home ground advantage.
Of the remaining teams we play at home, they play 3 to 6 games a year at our home ground. So even when we do have a home ground advantage, it is nowhere near yours.
When Eagles lose a player to free agency you get a full band higher compensation for a player offered a similar contract.
Not to mention that AFL introduced 3 new rules this year specifically designed to "Bring Richmond back to the field"
Richmond developed it's current team when the AFL were giving away almost all first round picks to interstate clubs, despite Richmond being clearly the worst club in the AFL (in 2010 commentators were predicting we would win a single game for 2 years) When an interstate club (Gold Coast) is in a similar, but not even as bad position as Richmond were, the AFL gives them multiple first round priority picks and a raft of other concessions.

The reason that some Tigers come on here is because some of us find it mildly amusing that you're the ones whinging. Your heads would explode if the AFL treated you like Richmond.
Richmond's recent premierships are amongst the hardest earned in the entire history of our game. Any disputing that fact is just delusional denial of the demonstrably obvious.

75343F4C-EACF-4093-A085-79C6B22F1C00.gif

Imagine not having to get on a plane for the last 8 weeks of the year and then complaining that you’re hard done by
Or a bus, they are walking distance from punt road. Also dont mention they get to play a grand final at their home ground for the next 1000 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Or a bus, they are walking distance from punt road. Also dont mention they get to play a grand final at their home ground for the next 1000 years.
Imagine travelling less than 2,800km between July 14 and September 28. A total of under 5 hours flight time in 2 and a half months.
If our club got these perks we would literally win the next 2000 flags.

You get to play all of your 11 home games at your home ground. Richmond play 10.
Of your 11 home games, 1 of them is a neutral game with no home ground advantage.
Of Richmonds 10 home games , 5 of them are neutral games with no home ground advantage.
Of the remaining teams we play at home, they play 3 to 6 games a year at our home ground. So even when we do have a home ground advantage, it is nowhere near yours.
When Eagles lose a player to free agency you get a full band higher compensation for a player offered a similar contract.
Not to mention that AFL introduced 3 new rules this year specifically designed to "Bring Richmond back to the field"
Richmond developed it's current team when the AFL were giving away almost all first round picks to interstate clubs, despite Richmond being clearly the worst club in the AFL (in 2010 commentators were predicting we would win a single game for 2 years) When an interstate club (Gold Coast) is in a similar, but not even as bad position as Richmond were, the AFL gives them multiple first round priority picks and a raft of other concessions.

The reason that some Tigers come on here is because some of us find it mildly amusing that you're the ones whinging. Your heads would explode if the AFL treated you like Richmond.
Richmond's recent premierships are amongst the hardest earned in the entire history of our game. Any disputing that fact is just delusional denial of the demonstrably obvious.

Are you so utterly one sided and blind that you can't, for even a single second, consider another persons point of view? Considering the behaviour of Richmond fans following the 2019 GF, I actually find that impossible.

For interstate sides, HGA isn't just tied to which ground you play at - it also includes the state we play in. If we could play 17 games in WA, we'd take that in a heartbeat. I've constantly stated this point on the MB, but there isn't a single goddamn Richmond fan on here who can even comprehend this; all I've been told is that I'm jealous or whatever bullshit you pull up to justify the fact that many question the legitimacy of your flags. And this is all ignoring the fact that you got 7 consecutive games at the MCG - how can you just brush this aside and call it completely fair?

I came to understand why you all acted like complete ******* animals after 2017, and I guess you were justified. It was absolute torture on this website, but fair enough. However, now, you come on here, after winning a flag against a club that had travelled for 3 weeks straight, when you yourselves didn't travel for 3 months, with a player who you shoplifted off a team that is struggling to justify their existence, and you claim that it is the "hardest earned in the history of our game"? Look at yourself in the mirror, mate. If you can't see how arrogant, self righteous and ****ed that comment is, for team who won the flag 2 years ago, then I'm sure you can get a sense of why most AFL fans hate your disgusting fanbase more than any other in the league.

You're actions and comments reflect how people view your club. Have some self awareness, for *s sake.

Carn Grin. You’re starting to sound like us with all the AFL conspiracy theories.

Except ours are true...

1570440038494.png

1996: 10 games (3W, 7L)
1997: 3rd
1998: 2nd
1999: 4th
2000: 7th
2001: 10th
2002: 12th
2005: 12th
2006: 9th
2007: 16th
2008: 9th
2009: 11 games (2W, 9L)

This is what you should be aiming for, North!

Also, found this gem on Wikipedia: "Public scrutiny aimed towards Wallace is a main factor contributing to his resignation." So presumably he thought he was going pretty well.

Shucks read the post and I almost teared up , very moving stuff.

What a terrible hand you guys have been delt.

Was such a shitty hand that you were able to pick up Lynch for free last trade period.

Now that’s what I would call seriously hard done by.

mentioned on the main board how many freo players have wanted out in the last few years
Lachie Neale
Lachie Weller
Hayden Crozier
Chris Mayne

add to that hill langdon and blakely this year

was banned by an insecure freo mod for stating a fact..they really are a salty bunch

massive culture problems down at cokburn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back