Oppo Camp Regular Non Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha hilarious to get the behind the scenes stuff. I hadnt seen that before.
Ahhh good cricket stories before they could get access to twitter and start commenting about other players wives etc.

Anyone see the front bar they had John Northey on and he said in 1994 they pretty much had Lockett signed sealed and delivered to play for the tigers but the AFL said "if he leaves StK the ONLY place he's going is Sydney"

Knew it.

Same wouldve happened with Buddy and Barry Hall. Trying to help Syd stay relevant in NSW.

Got no doubt they got Barry Hall off in 05 and have their sticky fingers all over Richmond's revival.

Just a slimy lot the head knobs of the AFL.

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Anyone see the front bar they had John Northey on and he said in 1994 they pretty much had Lockett signed sealed and delivered to play for the tigers but the AFL said "if he leaves StK the ONLY place he's going is Sydney"

Knew it.

Same wouldve happened with Buddy and Barry Hall. Trying to help Syd stay relevant in NSW.

Got no doubt they got Barry Hall off in 05 and have their sticky fingers all over Richmond's revival.

Just a slimy lot the head knobs of the AFL.

Didn't the AFL smack the Swans with a removal of COLA when they poached Buddy, as they wanted him to go to GWS?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I said this when Matera went to Freo. Take away the last name and he's an ok/average small forward at best. Getting delisted by the Dockers in their stage of development is a big oof
He couldnt go any worse than the available crumbers on our list atm.

Would be an ok stop gap untill willie gets back.

U reckon all these guys will be kicking themselves for leaving Gold Coast in a couple of years?

How much longer than 10 years of utter shitness do we start calling it status quo? Will never be an elite club with some sort of excessive CoLA or the like.

How much longer than 10 years of utter shitness do we start calling it status quo? Will never be an elite club with some sort of excessive CoLA or the like.

They need to fix the culture and get player retention and development going.

GWS were in a similar boat but once they clicked they've been a threat ever since.

I said this when Matera went to Freo. Take away the last name and he's an ok/average small forward at best. Getting delisted by the Dockers in their stage of development is a big oof

One of the biggest knocks on his time at Gold Coast was he was a party boy as well (mates with Bennell from memory).

Will be 29 next year and with that much baggage it should be a hard pass from the club.

They need to fix the culture and get player retention and development going.

GWS were in a similar boat but once they clicked they've been a threat ever since.

They didn't make the 8 this year though. They've had a brief purple patch but it's all a rotating door: draft top pics, players leave in exchange for top pics, draft top pics... and the cycle continues for the leeches of the AFL.

One of the biggest knocks on his time at Gold Coast was he was a party boy as well (mates with Bennell from memory).

Will be 29 next year and with that much baggage it should be a hard pass from the club.
Insane to think he’s only a few years younger than someone like Schofield who’s retiring. Played almost 150 games IIRC. Bizarre career.

Skill set and ability aside - his age demographic is all wrong. We have to be careful we don’t go the Hawthorn route and ‘top up’ for the next couple of years.

Got to keep eyes on the long game too.

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Well done to Caleb Serong. Seems a deserving winner of the rising star.

Freo will be desperate to hang onto him.

Must be kicking themselves they passed on Naughton. Could be much better set up if they didn't blow their load on mids every single draft.

AKA what a lot of people on this board want us to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back