Oppo Camp Regular Non Eagles Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, it is entirely possible for him to be suffering from depression totally separately to sending explicit pictures to non-consenting women, I don't disagree with you there.

I'm just a little bit over people getting caught out for sh*t, then suddenly becoming the victim in an attempt to soften the blow for the repercussions of their behaviour.
Oh definitely agree he’s not the victim of anything here. We always have choices, regardless of scenario.

WCE_phil

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 14, 2009
perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Way to attempt to **** shame.

What she did was irrelevant, that still doesn't give someone the right to go around sending someone dick pics without consent.

Some people aren't comfortable coming forward at the time of the incident. It took decades for the multiple victims of Bill Cosby to come forward and even then only after others were brave enough to speak out first.

Slamming someone for taking ages to come forward is one of the reasons why victims don't like coming forward, they think they will just be dismissed as crying wolf.

Am not trying to and will not justify Patton's actions. Sending out dic pics and or more unsolicited is completely not ok.

Unrelated to Jon Patton.

Any person using only fans (including the girl in the leaked messages) is essentially selling pictures and or videos of themselves for money. So she is at the very least having herself sexually objectified for money and that's if we're being generous. If we're not being so generous she is either a **** or a whore and so is every other person selling themselves on there. If that is their profile you have to question their reasoning for coming forward rather than just shaming the dickhead who sent the pic and blocking them. Or do you not think that her online presence and profile will get a boost out of this thus earning her more money?

It used to be magazines, brothels and street corners, it's now the internet. If you are selling yourself for money you are a whore. You are selling yourself for others sexual gratification.

Being a whore is a valid occupation and the oldest in the world. However it's never going to garner the respect of the general public and isn't great for careers day at school.

You can't have it both ways. You don't get to take the moral high ground if this is how you are making money.

To any of the young women, students and women of all other professions that anyone has sent unsolicited dick pics too I have a lot more sympathy and understand it can be hard coming forward from experiencing emotional trauma particularly from much more serious incidents. However trying to relate an unsolicited dick pic to a celebrity systematically raping women over decades is like comparing someone yelling out "nice indicator dickhead" to murder.

To any of the young women, students and women of all other professions that anyone has sent unsolicited dick pics too I have a lot more sympathy and understand it can be hard coming forward from experiencing emotional trauma particularly from much more serious incidents. However trying to relate an unsolicited dick pic to a celebrity systematically raping women over decades is like comparing someone yelling out "nice indicator dickhead" to murder.

You are reading too much into it, the point was DS said because it was after 7 months it sounded too convenient for her to be coming forward now.

However long it took is irrelevant, some victims don't feel comfortable coming forward at the time which was my point.

Some people aren't comfortable coming forward at the time of the incident. It took decades for the multiple victims of Bill Cosby to come forward and even then only after others were brave enough to speak out first.

Slamming someone for taking ages to come forward is one of the reasons why victims don't like coming forward, they think they will just be dismissed as crying wolf.

Bruv.... it's a dick pic 📱

This isn't one of Bill Cosby's rape victims we're talking about here. I think you'll find the two are just a little bit different.

You keep calling her a "victim" which is in itself an odd label to give to someone who's received a dick pic. If that's what qualifies being a victim the list will be long and you can include me on it.

I rarely side the the media on anything, because more often than not it's a witch hunt and a bunch of sensationalist garbage. This is probably the same thing.

I'm also not backing Patton and his mental health card either. I'm simply calling it from a non emotionally attached standpoint.

Couldn't care less how the situation pans out, but i'm not going to run in blindly flying the flag for either party because it's all media spoon fed dribble or innuendo.

May 23, 2010
Chalong 83130
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth (Demons)
I don’t think I am. I’m no psychologist but sexual hang ups, like some being rumoured in this case, often have underlying reasons for emerging. It’s pretty fascinating stuff IMO.

He doesn’t deserve sympathy for his actions, and I like that he’s being made an example of, but ultimately if he needs help then I hope he gets it.
What he's done isn't a rumour.

May 23, 2010
Chalong 83130
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth (Demons)
I believe one of the girls has an Onlyfans thing and sells foot photo's or something. A real kink type operator.

Apparently one of the dick pics in question took place in June 2020, so it's taken a cool 7 odd months to come forward/run to the media about it.

Wouldn't be like the media to jump the gun.
So how longs the time limit?

Aug 14, 2004
Brisbane
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Cardiff City

Completely agree with the stance of the Tasmanian government, although the headline is incorrect as nothing in the article is suggestive that contracted matches (including 2021) will be impacted - only those covered by the next set of negotiations - i.e 2022 onward.

About time Tasmania started playing hardball however and no longer accept their state to be the victim of market parasitism from financially vulnerable Victorian clubs which only work to further entrench the denial of any genuine opportunity for Tasmania for be represented in the national competition.

The biggest problem to Tasmanian expansion, other than parasite clubs, is the depth of talent available will be further thinned in a 19 team competition.

I can't see Tasmania coming in 2025 without a merger happening elsewhere, which is a very unlikely outcome under the current circumstances and administration.

Completely agree with the stance of the Tasmanian government, although the headline is incorrect as nothing in the article is suggestive that contracted matches (including 2021) will be impacted - only those covered by the next set of negotiations - i.e 2022 onward.

About time Tasmania started playing hardball however and no longer accept their state to be the victim of market parasitism from financially vulnerable Victorian clubs which only work to further entrench the denial of any genuine opportunity for Tasmania for be represented in the national competition.

The biggest problem to Tasmanian expansion, other than parasite clubs, is the depth of talent available will be further thinned in a 19 team competition.

I can't see Tasmania coming in 2025 without a merger happening elsewhere, which is a very unlikely outcome under the current circumstances and administration.

The commercial reality of Covid times may take the option out of the hands of a smaller Melbourne based club at some point.

Rowan18

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast

Norf can just play all their home games in Tassie. Two birds, one stone.

Rowan18

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast

Norf can just play all their home games in Tassie. Two birds, one stone.

How convenient for * head Gil; "We were going to start talks for a Tassie team, but yeah, covid. Instead we're going to stick with the current set-up and have 6 teams prop up the other 12 clubs that can't keep themselves solvent."

Aug 16, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast

How convenient for fu** head Gil; "We were going to start talks for a Tassie team, but yeah, covid. Instead we're going to stick with the current set-up and have 6 teams prop up the other 12 clubs that can't keep themselves solvent."

I really hope they don't dilute the talent pool further with a 19th team and they let covid sort out who ends up in Tassie permanently (hopefully something like a merger and then a new team for Tas). Strongly believe Tassie deserves a team and if the Tassie government provides support then it should be sustainable.

I really hope they don't dilute the talent pool further with a 19th team and they let covid sort out who ends up in Tassie permanently (hopefully something like a merger and then a new team for Tas). Strongly believe Tassie deserves a team and if the Tassie government provides support then it should be sustainable.

Shouldn't even be a merge, broke clubs should just be demoted to the VFL and Tassie get a shiny new one all of their own.

Shouldn't even be a merge, broke clubs should just be demoted to the VFL and Tassie get a shiny new one all of their own.

Aussie Rules is too mired in some traditions though.
"We have to have 10 teams in Melbourne"
"We can't change our jumpers pattern and colours, its in our constitution"
"We can't do names on the back of jumpers"

Just so backwards thinking at times compared to other world sports

Aussie Rules is too mired in some traditions though.
"We have to have 10 teams in Melbourne"
"We can't change our jumpers pattern and colours, its in our constitution"
"We can't do names on the back of jumpers"

Just so backwards thinking at times compared to other world sports

And then:

"Let's change the rules midseason!"

LoL 100% amateur hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back