Oppo Camp Regular Non Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 goals after quarter time, both in the third quarter or something along those lines.

From memory Judd kicked a pearler from the boundary as well?

I think that was the game that was also in danger of being abandoned due to lightning proximity to the ground

To save yourself the heart ache, Judd's 2 third quarter goals start at

6:23

Chad Morrison's last game for the club as well

twadds

Senior List
Apr 14, 2008
Floreat
AFL Club
West Coast
From memory Judd kicked a pearler from the boundary as well?

I think that was the game that was also in danger of being abandoned due to lightning proximity to the ground

My dad and I flew over for that final. Grim result in the end. I recall the thunder claps around the stadium being very loud . Weather matched my mood after the game.

Ok Boomer

Cancelled
A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life
Jul 27, 2015
South West
AFL Club
West Coast
1612847690085.png

Good riddance.

Please let this be the day Eddie falls on his sword

No way. I don't want him to be a martyr - and that's exactly what he'll paint himself as in all future interviews and memoirs; he'll say he acted the way he did to take the heat off the club and say mission accomplished. Stupid fat campaigner has been a megalomaniac bully for far too long, I want to see him go out in a whimper.

ThePuma #9

Club Legend
Sep 21, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls, FC Barcelona
I'm not a fan of Eddie McGuire but i can't dispute his passion for his club and football in general. I think it's a shame that the media horde and social media beast have run him out of town after 23 years. Say what you like about the man but his contribution should be applauded.

How many other clubs would take on an independent inquiry that no one was calling for? There's a lot of anger about the injustices in the world at the moment and it seems like everyone is looking for someone to blame. Racism has no place in this industry or any industry but to squarely place all blame at his feet is unjust.

Farewell Eddie and thank you for loving the game of footy as much as you have.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

mattyc75

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 5, 2010
over here
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
,west perthgolden state warriors
I'm not a fan of Eddie McGuire but i can't dispute his passion for his club and football in general. I think it's a shame that the media horde and social media beast have run him out of town after 23 years. Say what you like about the man but his contribution should be applauded.

How many other clubs would take on an independent inquiry that no one was calling for? There's a lot of anger about the injustices in the world at the moment and it seems like everyone is looking for someone to blame. Racism has no place in this industry or any industry but to squarely place all blame at his feet is unjust.

He's extremely lucky to have lasted as long as he did

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Feb 26, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast

Should have been gone the second he made those comments on Adam Goodes.

Rowan18

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast

He was on the way out and took a bullet to shield the club. They will make a few changes and then through the enquiry in the bin.

He was passionate for his club but never should have been allowed to stay that long. From memory, our club only allows two terms of 3 years each for a Chairman. I'm pretty sure there are limits for the board members too. Means we keep cycling through talent and keeping the perspective fresh.

WCE_phil

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 14, 2009
perth
AFL Club
West Coast
He was on the way out and took a bullet to shield the club. They will make a few changes and then through the enquiry in the bin.

He was passionate for his club but never should have been allowed to stay that long. From memory, our club only allows two terms of 3 years each for a Chairman. I'm pretty sure there are limits for the board members too. Means we keep cycling through talent and keeping the perspective fresh.

That's all well and good but the truth is Nisbett runs the show at the eagles, joined the club as football manager in 1989 and has been CEO since 99.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back