Opposition Camp Regular Non Eagles Discussion

(Log in to remove this ad.)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

bluengold89

Club Legend
Jun 18, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
This is just a numbers game with too many concessions gifted to a start up team with no supporters. Its not good for football. I was shocked by the absolute class you guys demonstrated last year and wanted you to win today. That's in stark contrast to Richmond and Geelong supporters who dont get it. GWS dont have supporters and thst is a black mark for next weekend. Sad.
I'll bring this back to the west coast board because i don't want to ever post on the pies board, but...

are you you farking serious? GWS got a nice pile of concessions when they first started, but half of those players are gone & arguably the best one is at collingwood.

You can go farming for likes on the pies board as much as you like, but fact of the matter is they lost to a GWS side without coniglio, whitfield & greene. That's arguably more than nicnat, shep & gaff (who doesn't count, because he did that to himself), and without a doubt that's more impressive than us in 92.

How do you expect a new team in the AFL to do it? Just lose forever like freo?

Balls In

Premiership Player
May 25, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
I'll bring this back to the west coast board because i don't want to ever post on the pies board, but...

are you you farking serious? GWS got a nice pile of concessions when they first started, but half of those players are gone & arguably the best one is at collingwood.

You can go farming for likes on the pies board as much as you like, but fact of the matter is they lost to a GWS side without coniglio, whitfield & greene. That's arguably more than nicnat, shep & gaff (who doesn't count, because he did that to himself), and without a doubt that's more impressive than us in 92.

How do you expect a new team in the AFL to do it? Just lose forever like freo?
GWS is an ice castle in the desert and will roll into a GF with 5,000 people caring one way or another. The AFL has built this thing that is no more than a scalped list built entirely elsewhere. What a laugh it will be if they win and there are crickets at the post game. Having said that I still have a slight preference for this team than the VFL home ground since the bye Richmond. And fu** off with your attitude.

Last edited:

Seadog

Premiership Player
Sep 16, 2004
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth, West Ham
Grundy really is an outstanding footy player. I'd be stoked if he won the Brownlow.

Most contested possessions on the ground (20).

Next best Collingwood player was Treloar with 12. Williams had 16 for the Giants.
He nearly dragged the Pies over the line in the last qtr, he was just too knackered at the end to finish the job. GWS ate that last 3 minutes up perfectly.

Seadog

Premiership Player
Sep 16, 2004
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth, West Ham
GWS is an ice castle in the desert and will roll into a GF with 5,000 people caring one way or another. The AFL has built this thing that is no more than a scalped list built entirely elsewhere. What a laugh it will be if they win and there are crickets at the post game. Having said I still have a slight preference for this team than VFL home ground since the bye Richmond. And fu** off with your attitude.
On the flipside everyone waxes lyrical about the good ol days of suburban sides and GWS with their small but passionate base is closer to that scenario, I got the feeling after the game that the players know a lot of the supporters which is the case in real footy clubs.

ep2018

Bigfooty Pessimist
Sep 16, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
A fair few Brownlow predictions have Fyfe winning, he's been decent this year but not the best. He'll end up winning several I think.

Top Bottom