Opposition Camp Regular Non Eagles Discussion

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ep2018

Bigfooty Pessimist
Sep 16, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
Everyone will expect richmond to pump GWS. Hopefully this pressure causes them to bottle it also.
Feels a bit like 1999. 6th placed Carlton beat Essendon in a PF to remember but we all knew North would smack them the week after. I wouldnt be surprised if Richmond beat them bad. they looked completely cooked post game.

Last edited:

TY24

Mining Magnate
Mar 21, 2017
The absolute middle of nowhere
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Scorchers, Glory, Wildcats
GWS is an ice castle in the desert and will roll into a GF with 5,000 people caring one way or another. The AFL has built this thing that is no more than a scalped list built entirely elsewhere. What a laugh it will be if they win and there are crickets at the post game. Having said that I still have a slight preference for this team than the VFL home ground since the bye Richmond. And fu** off with your attitude.
I mean, GWS have already overtaken some of the smaller Melbourne clubs in membership, so they’re doing something right.

They’ve been established in the most volatile AFL market in Australia, they’re not going to have sellouts from day 1 like we did. They’ve been around less than 10 years, give them a break

Yamumluvsbigcox

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 22, 2012
Trapped in a glass box of emotion
AFL Club
West Coast
Nah has to be Riewoldt, he puts the flog in Flogmand!
The kama being cotchin ran through sheil in the 2017 prelim and got off scott free even though he already had 2 fines and the next was auto suspension .

But yes reiwoldt would be nice too .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ioppolo

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 3, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea, OKC Thunder, Scorchers
AFL house wins whoever wins next Saturday. Big, powerful Victorian club or their pet expansion project. They'd be creaming themselves at either thought.

E92_

Aug 10, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Wildcats
I'm going to be in Melbourne for the GF, how much do people think tickets will be going for (if there's even going to be any available)?

Coasters7

Premiership Player
Nov 27, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea
After reading this I'm definitely on board the GWS train. Coniglio sounds like a quality bloke, shame we couldn't get him.

Definitely prefer their players over the flogs at Richmond from a playing perspective too. Kelly, Coniglio, Taranto, Haynes, Williams, Greene. That’s second team material for sure, would love any of those on our side.

Eastern Rangers

2015 Worsfold Medalist - Rowen Powell
Aug 27, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Royals & Subi
Four times in the final 10 minutes they said “the ball is at the right end” or “the ball is at the correct end”.

Only twice did they say “if you’re a Pies fan.” They couldn’t even be bothered hiding it.

I don’t mind Collingwood, and their fans on here were exceptional to deal with last year, but I’d be lying if I didn’t say it brought me great joy to hear the Seven team get so shafted.
“This NEEDS to go in.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here2tellyouwhy

SA GREAT
Sep 3, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Coast Eagles
Four times in the final 10 minutes they said “the ball is at the right end” or “the ball is at the correct end”.

Only twice did they say “if you’re a Pies fan.” They couldn’t even be bothered hiding it.

I don’t mind Collingwood, and their fans on here were exceptional to deal with last year, but I’d be lying if I didn’t say it brought me great joy to hear the Seven team get so shafted.
Is this 2019's "DeGoeys in the square" 🤔

FKASC

Account Deleted
May 28, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Just read a stat: GWS have now won the same amount of finals as Freo in their history (6 each). That's assuming the following is correct:

https://afltables.com/afl/teams/gws/overall_wl.html (yet to include today's result)
https://afltables.com/afl/teams/fremantle/overall_wl.html

Edit: In graphic form

Even that’s kind of misleading because GWS’s first season was 2012, a whole three years after that ‘established’ date.

Fremantle’s first season was 1995, one year after establishment.

Top Bottom