TY24

Mining Magnate
Mar 21, 2017
The absolute middle of nowhere
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Scorchers, Glory, Wildcats
I'm going to be in Melbourne for the GF, how much do people think tickets will be going for (if there's even going to be any available)?
Depends on how the GWS ticket ballot goes. I think the club allocation is 36,000 for each side, but GWS only have 24,000 members (if memory serves, could be very wrong) so I wonder what happens to the remaining 12,000

ioppolo

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 3, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea, OKC Thunder, Scorchers
The Collingwood board seem to be taking yesterday quite well. Those who are calling out what a waste of a season it was are getting a few dislikes but nothing more. No major melts or civil war. Their bigfooty supporters do not reflect their stereotypical supporter image at all.

kranky al

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 30, 2009
Greenough
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
east perth www.pixelpac.com.au
The Collingwood board seem to be taking yesterday quite well. Those who are calling out what a waste of a season it was are getting a few dislikes but nothing more. No major melts or civil war. Their bigfooty supporters do not reflect their stereotypical supporter image at all.
Well they have the advantage of knowing their window is wide open unlike another team who lost on the weekend....

omarlittle1

Club Legend
Aug 1, 2010
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast
I was shocked with how diplomatic, gracious and respectful the (majority) of Collingwood supporters were at the MCG after last years Grand Final. Had several of them walk up to us in the streets not 5 minutes from the MCG and shake our hands and congratulate us. Saying things like "well deserved", "You guys were the better team" etc.

I don't know when Collingwood stopped being evil (don't get me wrong, i still despise Eddie with every fiber of my being), but give me a Pies victory over a Richmond victory any day. Richmond supporters are the biggest flogs going around by far. Must be all those incessant years of mediocrity they're desperately making up for.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Forward Press

Premium Platinum
Jul 5, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Man Utd
The Facebook supporters though (yes I know, lol FB) definitely reflect the stereotype. Salty as f***. I massively respect most of the Collingwood BF posters.

Hai_Newman

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 17, 2017
Puppies are scary.
AFL Club
West Coast
The public library computer isn't available on Sundays.

Last edited:

Capriati

All Australian
Aug 25, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
Thinking of '99' style gf. Carlton with massive upset to get in and margin bout 30pts for whole game and very forgettable
I think GWS is going to go all the way. They have taken a lot of flak over the years about their style and place in the league.

No better way to prove the naysayers wrong and announce their arrival on the big stage than taking out big bad tigers in a grand finals in front of the tigers home crowd.

Think WC 92 or the crows in 97.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

KO_KO

Club Legend
Sep 2, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mighty Falcons & Biggie
Is Brett Deledio this years bob murphy?

Sick of hearing about the bloke

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Dylan82

Premium Platinum
Aug 14, 2004
Brisbane
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Cardiff City
Dicko by name Dickhead by nature predicting a Richmond three peat of G/F Wins ..
Saw that from Dixon.

I think he forgot that Richmond didn't win the premiership last year and was about say that 2019 will be their three-peat before realising his error and then came up the the farce of three in a row before even one has been won.

Rowan18

Club Legend
Feb 20, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Depends on how the GWS ticket ballot goes. I think the club allocation is 36,000 for each side, but GWS only have 24,000 members (if memory serves, could be very wrong) so I wonder what happens to the remaining 12,000
Each team gets 14-16k tickets, so around 30k in total between two. GWS is unlikely to sell more than 8-10k (based on home ground attendances) so I am not sure what happens to the others. I suspect they might give them to Richmond members for first dibs (that would be the fairest way)

MrKK

Club Legend
Mar 11, 2012
City of churches
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Sturt, Southampton FC, LSU
It's 36,000 total for the two clubs, not each.

MrKK

Club Legend
Mar 11, 2012
City of churches
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Sturt, Southampton FC, LSU
Saw that from Dixon.

I think he forgot that Richmond didn't win the premiership last year and was about say that 2019 will be their three-peat before realising his error and then came up the the farce of three in a row before even one has been won.
Another reason not to want Richmond to win is that in the future our flag will be forgotten amid the conventional wisdom of Richmond being the undisputed best team 2017-19.

SirKarl0s

Team Captain
Jun 10, 2018
C-137
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
All the pressure is on Richmond, nobody thought GWS would make it so far. As far as I'm concerned, GWS have a free shot at the flag with nothing to lose.

Looking forward to this, should be a good game for the neutrals. Hopefully the Giants throw the kitchen sink at the Tigers.

Top Bottom