Oppo Camp Regular Non Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who do we want to win out of cats v dogs?? also Lions v Cats next week? Not to mention Melbourne have to beat Essendon next considering they have big games coming up against Port, Dogs, Geelong and Us. If we take care of our own we could easily be pushing for the top 4 especially if we beat those top 4 sides and when they are playing each other someone has to lose. so many scenarios could take place to favor us as I will be rooting for Richmond against those sides like lions and Geelong. being our Ladder predictor thread to see who gets ladder positioning right.

Nuclear apocalypse.

Failing that, Dogs in a tough physical game would be ideal (and Bont, Libba, Dunkley and Macrae being suspended for a match would also help). We'd still be massive underdogs I think, memes aside the game next week is real season on the line stuff. It will tell us finally whether we are a contender or pretender.

Nuclear apocalypse.

Failing that, Dogs in a tough physical game would be ideal (and Bont, Libba, Dunkley and Macrae being suspended for a match would also help). We'd still be massive underdogs I think, memes aside the game next week is real season on the line stuff. It will tell us finally whether we are a contender or pretender.
Dunkley is still out for a month, isn't he?

Dunkley is still out for a month, isn't he?
Dunkley and Treloar are both out for a month. I think Dogs will struggle against Geelong and will also struggle against us. This is danger time for both Dogs and Melbourne as I can see Geelong Lions and perhaps both Richmond and us leapfrog them come to the end of the season.I was not sold on dogs few weeks ago against Freo, despite crappy conditions they have been a little tired and flat. Their game style is not sustainable for a long season. On the other hand, I do not mind Geelong losing back to back to dogs and Brisbane.Interesting times ahead.

Nuclear apocalypse.

I reckon we'll either beat the dogs by 6 goals as we're at full strength and will punish their backline or lose by 2-3 because we're underdone and can't run it out.

Honestly though, I think we'll beat them convincingly, very (pardon the pun) bullish.

All you can do is ride it out and they will fade like the Hawks fans did

Tigers aren't too far away from the cliff either with a lot of their core on the wrong side of 29
Houli 33
Edwards 33
Riewoldt 33
Cotchin 31
Astbury 30
Dusty 30
Grimes 30
Lambert 30
Picket 29
Caddy 29
Prestia 29
Lynch 29

Genuinely surprised at the age of a few of those, thought they were younger
Wow, that is almost at Geelong levels.

Nuclear apocalypse.

I think we will beat the Dogs by 5 goals. We match up very well on them and we're unlucky to lose against them earlier in the year. It won't happen at home.

Nuclear apocalypse.

Seriously doubt we'll be underdogs.

As someone who lived in Melbourne, I can tell you there was genuine affection for the Tiges after their first flag amongst the neutral crowd.

Richmond fans in the intervening years have, broadly speaking of course, taken that goodwill, set it on fire, and smothered the burning cinders with their own hubris. Bloody awful winners.
I’ve always hated them and was devastated when they won in 2017. What a shitshow that was especially when your GF lived in Richmond at the time

All you can do is ride it out and they will fade like the Hawks fans did

Tigers aren't too far away from the cliff either with a lot of their core on the wrong side of 29
Houli 33
Edwards 33
Riewoldt 33
Cotchin 31
Astbury 30
Dusty 30
Grimes 30
Lambert 30
Picket 29
Caddy 29
Prestia 29
Lynch 29

Genuinely surprised at the age of a few of those, thought they were younger
Why Bolton is so important for them to keep. They still have some other good younger players though like Balta, Soldo, Aarts, Graham, Chol. CCJ looks promising. Who knows about Stack

Just had a read of the last few pages of the umpiring thread on the Tigers board (got to admit, I have honestly never been on their board, ever, so I don’t know what their posters are like normally) they are delusional! Their own players have admitted they push the envelope and wear the free kicks they give away, cause that’s how they play, yet they’re complaining about the free kick differential?? The fact their team have blatantly rugby passed the ball for the best part of 5 years, and gotten away with it, and players like Vlaustin pushing Darling under the ball all night and not getting pinged once, doesn’t seem to dawn on them. At least when we had serial duckers, we admitted what was going on, and most didn’t like it. Even Freo supporters admit what Walters is up to, and they disapprove as well. The thing that got me the most was the commentators the other night, constantly saying “flick” when describing the Tigers hand passing. It’s like they know it’s a throw, and just accept it?? The Picket one inside the last few minutes in our forward pocket was as blatant as I’ve seen, with an umpire right there as well.
I noticed the crying as well on the Tiggers board. I would love to see how many of the Free kicks we got that were Out on the Full but not sure where i can grab those stats.

I noticed the crying as well on the Tiggers board. I would love to see how many of the Free kicks we got that were Out on the Full but not sure where i can grab those stats.

Out on the full isn’t counted as a free kick

(Log in to remove this ad.)

8DD64901-4830-4447-B7BF-80AE5ECB5295.png

Wherever you stand on the incident, I find this line of reasoning bullshit and very vague so it’s easy to explain when they pin him.

Of course it was reasonable to attack the ball given he only missed it by half a millisecond. Whats he supposed to do? Bear in mind he’s 20m away and needs to make an instinctive call.. “Ah s**t, Clark’s going to be first to that one by half a millisecond, better let him pick it up unopposed”

If that’s the prosecutions best case and evidence(also thought Mackay’s defence was quite good), then there’s no way you can reasonably say he should be banned based on what was put forward (irrelevant of if he’s actually “guilty”) But we know none of that matters as they’ve already decided a ban beforehand and take none of the facts into account like an actual court of law, despite trying to imitate one in the way they go about it.

Last edited:
Who has the Mackay cliffs?
I just read through the tribunal updates and basically:

Mackay says he wasn't focusing on the approaching players and thought the entire time he could be the first to the ball, the fact that he never shaped to bump, had eyes on the ball and his arm was limp when he collided with Clark supports this. Unfortunate accident is his case.

Gleeson says that it was unreasonable to think he could run full pace into a vulnerable player and not injure him.

AFL's stay of execution postponed for another week.

fu** Michael "easiest decision of my life" Christian and the entire match review system right off. No one wants concussions, but fu** me a guilty verdict tonight would have been a slippery slope.
Didn't Christian want to let him off but Hocking intervened?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back