Oppo Camp Regular Non Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bulldogs more likely to drop a few games as the season goes on than Geelong IMO, looking at each of their respective draws. Overtaking one of Brissy/WB is our best bet, and I wouldn't be surprised if we have to beat Brissy in Brisbane in round 23 to take their spot.

Was thinking similar. Basically for top-4 we really need to win 8 out of 9 (leaving us 16-6 with likely the worst percentage of teams with 64 points).

We play all of Melbourne, Brisbane, Sydney and WB in the run home - so have the chance to add to their loss column (we need 3 of the 7 teams above us to end up on 15-7 in my above scenario).

It's quite unlikely - but that said, so is us winning 8 from 9, and so was us losing to Saints and Bombers. The teams above us (bar Melbourne and Sydney) haven't had their 'surprise losses' as yet - or not to the degree we have. Maybe they don't - but if they do we need to be set up to pounce.

My head says whoever is more realistic for us to replace in the top 4 is who I would like to lose. (Yes, there is obviously a lot of optimism cast into the foundations of that sentence)
My heart says I dislike Geelong so I hope they lose, and we play the Bulldogs next so I really hope they lose as well. They're both Victorian clubs so hopefully their losing margins are 10+ goals each. (Yes, my heart struggles with maths)

My head says whoever is more realistic for us to replace in the top 4 is who I would like to lose. (Yes, there is obviously a lot of optimism cast into the foundations of that sentence)
My heart says I dislike Geelong so I hope they lose, and we play the Bulldogs next so I really hope they lose as well. They're both Victorian clubs so hopefully their losing margins are 10+ goals each. (Yes, my heart struggles with maths)

Dogs won't want to lose two in a row so they'll be up for the fight more than ever if they lose tonight. But ideally we'd want to see the team lose who we face later in the year, and back ourselves to also beat them.

Given the proximity of our game to this game I'm leaning towards the Cats losing. In reality it's two top 4 sides playing off. One of them will almost certainly lose which brings us a little closer.

Dogs won't want to lose two in a row so they'll be up for the fight more than ever if they lose tonight. But ideally we'd want to see the team lose who we face later in the year, and back ourselves to also beat them.

Given the proximity of our game to this game I'm leaning towards the Cats losing. In reality it's two top 4 sides playing off. One of them will almost certainly lose which brings us a little closer.
I feel the Dogs are flaky and will collapse. Us beating them the week after a loss to Geelong might be the thing to push them over the edge

I think if we're worried about facing the Bulldogs in Perth next week with something that finally resembles our proper 22, then the whole premise of top 4 aspirations is kind of moot anyway.
I'm good with the scenario of them losing tonight, coming over here with a point to prove, and then losing again. We will have sweet revenge on our minds for that one.

I feel the Dogs are flaky and will collapse. Us beating them the week after a loss to Geelong might be the thing to push them over the edge

Yep, and if a team is ever going to smash the dogs percentage it would be the cats at their wonky ground.

Not sure if they will win - but if they get on a roll they could win big (I doubt they could do so at Marvel).

Do we want Geelong or Bulldogs to win tonight? Will likely need at least 1 of Brisbane, Melbourne, Geelong, Bulldogs to lose a few games for WC to be able to get into top 4 at seasons end.

Would prefer something like this happening to be honest...

03-17a-homerssecretweapon.gif

Each of the teams currently placed inside the top four look somewhat vulnerable however and could easily continue to drop matches as they have done in recent weeks.

If we win the scheduled home games against the Bulldogs and Melbourne, then we are right in the mix anyway without those opposing clubs requiring any unexpected losses.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clearly still not fully fit

Agreed, looks a long way off in his condition still.

We complain about our lack of midfield depth, yet Geelong must not have much confidence in their own, rushing Dangerfield back when he is severely underdone for the Power, Bulldogs, Lions succession of matches that will likely define their season.

Amazing how far Dangerfield has fallen. Literally half the player he used to be.
They've played him injured for periods over the last few years. Have been running him into the ground. Not young either- was 2007 draft (same as Masten, S Selwood, Ebert - all retired) and one of the last ones standing. Shows how tough he is, as he has been a target for taggers for most of his career.

They've played him injured for periods over the last few years. Have been running him into the ground. Not young either- was 2007 draft (same as Masten, S Selwood, Ebert - all retired) and one of the last ones standing. Shows how tough he is, as he has been a target for taggers for most of his career.
It's easy to forget how old he is. Been so good for so long. Definitely under done at present, but I suppose time waits for no man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back