06Premiers

Premiership Player
Oct 11, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Lakers
GWS for me. Finals hardened against a team thats a little overawed by finals. The lions did play pretty good just choked massively Infront of goal.

Let's see how Brisbane perform next year with a tougher draw and the weight of expectation placed on them.

I think Brisbane will win a close game.

Remind me a lot like us in 2011. Young team with experienced players sprinkled throughout the field that unexpectedly jump up the ladder.
Massive choke in week 1 of finals, completely overawed by the occassion.
Then respond to win a close game at home against a team who'd played finals before, followed by a gallant defeat in prelim.

PerthBoy86

Norm Smith Medallist
May 23, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
GWS
EF: Bulldogs
SF: Lions
PF: Magpies
GF: Tigers

WCE:
EF: Bombers
SF: Cats
PF: Tigers
GF Magpies

I reckon our first two rounds are easier than theirs. Would rather play Magpies than Tigers in Prelim, but we aren't playing just to make a Grand Final. Any team who wants to win the flag is going to have to beat the Tigers at some stage or another, whether it is a Prelim or Grand Final doesn't really matter.

I think a PF at the MCG against the Pies or Tigers is also tougher than a GF due to the crowd factor, it'll be more one sided than the GF. Would've loved a Tigers Eagles GF but hey, we'll do it any way we have to.

PerthBoy86

Norm Smith Medallist
May 23, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
GWS for me. Finals hardened against a team thats a little overawed by finals. The lions did play pretty good just choked massively Infront of goal.

Let's see how Brisbane perform next year with a tougher draw and the weight of expectation placed on them.

Yeah I tend to agree. As much as I'd love to see them win if not us, I just don't see it happening this year.

ioppolo

This only ends one way.
Oct 3, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea, OKC Thunder, Scorchers

Remind me a lot like us in 2011. Young team with experienced players sprinkled throughout the field that unexpectedly jump up the ladder.
Then respond to win a close game at home against a team who'd played finals before, followed by a gallant defeat in prelim.
We didn't massively choke in the first week of 2011. We got within 2 goals of the flag favourite.

Sep 21, 2004
Adel - SA - Aust - Earth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Norwood & Liverpool.

We hardly choked in week 1, 2011

Collingwood were the reigning premiers at their own ground and had only lost 2 games all year.

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

06Premiers

Premiership Player
Oct 11, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Lakers
We didn't massively choke in the first week of 2011. We got within 2 goals of the flag favourite.
We hardly choked in week 1, 2011

Collingwood were the reigning premiers at their own ground and had only lost 2 games all year.

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Choke probably too strong a term for our performance. 20 point loss to eventual premiers at their home ground was a good result.
More referring to Shuey being caught a few times, and a few other players not performing at their best.

Brisbane's performance was more of a choke I guess. At home, won a heap of key stats, couldn't convert easy shots.

In our case, it was the making of the man & team. We'll see how it affects Brisbane's future.

Oct 8, 2007
WESTERN AUSTRALIA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
FLO-RIDA , PITBULL ,SEAN PAUL

Yeah I think GWS as well even though the Lions home ground advantage and crowd will be massive but I’m not sure Brisbane can back up with 2 tough pressure games..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Wild Kelly

Club Legend
Mar 23, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
I’m sorry, but an umpire can’t miss a blatant throw like that. They should be watching the play and if they were, they would not have missed it. Reiwolt was pi**ing himself laughing after he kicked the goal! If that cost a finals game, any game, I would be livid. It’s just incompetence.
You would think that there would have been two umpires in the vicinity with eyes on the play. At least one of them should have seen this.

I’m sorry, but an umpire can’t miss a blatant throw like that. They should be watching the play and if they were, they would not have missed it. Reiwolt was pi**ing himself laughing after he kicked the goal! If that cost a finals game, any game, I would be livid. It’s just incompetence.

Yeah i'm with you mate.

Richmond was already on a disgustingly good roll with the umpires and then that bollocks happens.

Commentary were all laughing about it like it's a joke but it really pissed me off at the time.

06Premiers

Premiership Player
Oct 11, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Lakers
Yeah i'm with you mate.

Richmond was already on a disgustingly good roll with the umpires and then that bollocks happens.

Commentary were all laughing about it like it's a joke but it really pi**ed me off at the time.

Speaking of bollocks, I'll NEVER get over this s**t.

CM9000

BigFooty Optimist
Aug 19, 2016
Perth, WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle
That's a pretty bad decision with Pyke IMO. Sure, Adelaide have been dismal off and on the field, but it's been less then two years since they finished on top of the ladder and made a GF. It would be a bit like us sacking Simmo in 2017 (although Adelaide are significantly worse), and we all know how that turned out. The Crows still have the set up for a successful team.

Doashuey

Premiership Player
Sep 13, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
That's a pretty bad decision with Pyke IMO. Sure, Adelaide have been dismal off and on the field, but it's been less then two years since they finished on top of the ladder and made a GF. It would be a bit like us sacking Simmo in 2017 (although Adelaide are significantly worse), and we all know how that turned out. The Crows still have the set up for a successful team.
Nah, the whole place is a shambles. In 2017 WC was still a very good club off field and competitive on field. The same cant be said of the Crows. They went very quickly down hill and are facing a player exodus. Right decision for both parties, it wasnt working. Now they need to get rid of the heirachy as well but that probably wont happen.

CM9000

BigFooty Optimist
Aug 19, 2016
Perth, WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle
Nah, the whole place is a shambles. In 2017 WC was still a very good club off field and competitive on field. The same cant be said of the Crows. They went very quickly down hill and are facing a player exodus. Right decision for both parties, it wasnt working. Now they need to get rid of the heirachy as well but that probably wont happen.

Still, there were many of the same feelings at Adelaide this year as there were here in 2017. Their issues did go a year longer than ours, and admittedly, are substantially worse, but I don't think it all falls on Pyke. There are others (i.e. Burton, as Crows fans keep saying) that deserve to go before him

frenchconnection

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
Wembley downs
AFL Club
West Coast
IMO and going by some of the Crows supporters think the hierarchy may be where the real problem lies - a real boys Club from all accounts. Two years is a long time in football🙄!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back