Seadog

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 16, 2004
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth, West Ham
Grundy really is an outstanding footy player. I'd be stoked if he won the Brownlow.

Most contested possessions on the ground (20).

Next best Collingwood player was Treloar with 12. Williams had 16 for the Giants.
He nearly dragged the Pies over the line in the last qtr, he was just too knackered at the end to finish the job. GWS ate that last 3 minutes up perfectly.

Seadog

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 16, 2004
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth, West Ham
GWS is an ice castle in the desert and will roll into a GF with 5,000 people caring one way or another. The AFL has built this thing that is no more than a scalped list built entirely elsewhere. What a laugh it will be if they win and there are crickets at the post game. Having said I still have a slight preference for this team than VFL home ground since the bye Richmond. And fu** off with your attitude.
On the flipside everyone waxes lyrical about the good ol days of suburban sides and GWS with their small but passionate base is closer to that scenario, I got the feeling after the game that the players know a lot of the supporters which is the case in real footy clubs.

whatis

Club Legend
Jun 3, 2011
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
I dont know why everyone is so sure that Richmond is going to flog GWS. They have beaten Richmond once this year already. They have a load of stars. Greene is going to rip someones eyeball out. They go in with no pressure.

People are predicting Mumford to go all Alastair Lynch in his final game too. Could be an absolutely fierce game.

Fights following both prelims now, consecutive nights:

Well, after seeing this I definitely won't be bringing my non-existent kids to Perth.

Wait...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

whatis

Club Legend
Jun 3, 2011
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Just read a stat: GWS have now won the same amount of finals as Freo in their history (6 each). That's assuming the following is correct:

https://afltables.com/afl/teams/gws/overall_wl.html (yet to include today's result)
https://afltables.com/afl/teams/fremantle/overall_wl.html

Edit: In graphic form

ABEXQnM.png

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Swan Districts
I still can't believe Collingwood bottled that game. Playing at home with three of the other teams best players and captain out with their other captain being injured early in the first quarter....All the premierships apparently are not a cakewalk after all cos that was the cakiest walk to a Granny ever.

Having no good key forwards ain't gonna get her done, and all their money is like in their midfield and De Goey...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back