Oppo Camp Regular Non Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Also don't forget the nuffs that think everything supporting their football club is good
I'm one of those nuffs. If I was tossing up between a couple of similar products then I'd use it as a tie-breaker if one of them sponsored a club I support.
Though my support of HJ's is independent of Eagles sponsorship. If they sponsor some other club then I've got a conundrum on my (two) hands.

I'm one of those nuffs. If I was tossing up between a couple of similar products then I'd use it as a tie-breaker if one of them sponsored a club I support.
Yeah, I sometimes choose HJs over KFC because I see the picture of JD/JK/Nic Nat on the side of the building. This sort of stuff definitely works subconsciously for mass market products (just think about Coke as an example).

Though my support of HJ's is independent of Eagles sponsorship. If they sponsor some other club then I've got a conundrum on my (two) hands.
I mean I never said I wasn't. I bank with Bankwest and enjoy the odd Rebel Whopper.

Nah, it's more so that particular brand is front of mind when you're shopping in that particular industry.

Also don't forget the nuffs that think everything supporting their football club is good

I know at least three blokes from the Wheatbelt that have bought BT-50s because they sponsor Norf.

There are so many North fans from that region. Barry Cable has a lot to answer for that, amongst other things (allegedly).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hell ya. I've been loving all of the vego alternatives here in Sweden, but I didn't know the Rebel had made it's way to Australia.
Rebel Whoppers and beyond burgers are literally my life as a recent convert to vegetarianism.

Rebel Whoppers and beyond burgers are literally my life as a recent convert to vegetarianism.

I want to get my hand on one of those impossible burgers, but they're banned in Sweden (EU?) because of GM restrictions or some nonsense reason. It's quite idyllic here if you're a vegetarian or if you just want to eat less meat, everywhere has an option or even a Vegan option too if that's your thing.

But come Christmas time, there is meat everywhere. I tried moose heart, which my partner's uncle hunted. Which was a trip for someone who has been more or less vegetarian his entire life.

I want to get my hand on one of those impossible burgers, but they're banned in Sweden (EU?) because of GM restrictions or some nonsense reason. It's quite idyllic here if you're a vegetarian or if you just want to eat less meat, everywhere has an option or even a Vegan option too if that's your thing.

But come Christmas time, there is meat everywhere. I tried moose heart, which my partner's uncle hunted. Which was a trip for someone who has been more or less vegetarian his entire life.
At least he didn't offer you the moose knuckle!

Note that there are reasons other than their own health for people to stop eating meat.
I'm not one of them yet, but I don't mind a Rebel Whopper. The food technology is getting better, and with the potential dollars we're talking for whoever nails it I reckon really good substitutes are not too far away.

Not to burst your bubble, but those things are worse for you than a normal whopper.

A lot of the Gourmet Burger chains have really good non-meat patties, my wife is vegetarian and loves them.

Ya definitely, a lot more salt in some of the alternatives. Although, there are other health concerns with red meat in particular.

But at the end of the day, all burgers are junk food and vegetarians like junk food too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back