Oppo Camp Regular Non Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clive Waterhouse and Kepler Bradley have been Freos main spiritual Leaders.

Would be nice to have a statue of Kepler Bradley outside of Perth stadium so Freo fans can worship it before a dockers game. lol

Something like this?
images (1).jpeg

Remember that year when Melbourne were mildly ok.

Is that the year they went something like 13-1 against the bottom 10 and managed one win against a top eight side (us minus JK and JD)? Remind me how that ended for them again?

Melbourne hype rivals Essendon hype. They’ve got the lowest bar to earn praise for a supposedly proud club.

Richmond are lucky that Clayton Oliver is on the field. Like a 19th man at the moment.

I remember getting into an argument post 2017 season with a supposed Eagles fan who refused to budge from “Clayton Oliver is better than Elliot Yeo”.

One of my fondest memories.

The Gov suspension annoys me more with each similar event getting zero MRO attention, as was predicted at the time. Can anyone tell me the difference between Gov's action and Parker's hit on Redden? It pissed me off at the time that the free wasn't reversed.
I think they combined both his indiscretions that game and pinned him for one of them, if that makes sense.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If they had a good coach, they would have at least one flag by now and would've been
dominating the competition.

They've got superstars on every line.

They also have a comically bad injury list every year. I’m not sold on Leon but GWS needs to sort that out.

And Freo too. If it was West Coast we would have had a royal commission at this point.

They also have a comically bad injury list every year. I’m not sold on Leon but GWS needs to sort that out.

And Freo too. If it was West Coast we would have had a royal commission at this point.
Yeah I’m not going to say anything about our injuries in recent years lest upset the gods, but some teams really do cop it

If they had a good coach, they would have at least one flag by now and would've been
dominating the competition.

They've got superstars on every line.

You are underselling how hard it is to win a flag.

History is littered with great teams who never won a flag. That early 90's Geelong team, mid 2000's crows etc.

There is a boat load of luck that goes into winning them.

History is littered with great teams who never won a flag. That early 90's Geelong team, mid 2000's crows etc.

I don't think I am.

I know it's hard win them and you need everything to go your way.
Given their list, I still think they've underachieved.

Hard to compare team's 30 odd years ago TBH.
GWS were given a huge amount of top end draft picks.

It's been said many times that GWS have had the best list of talent in history.

I just don't rate Cameron.

Saints early 00s

fwd line of Milne Gehrig Hamill N.Riewoldt etc

Opposite of Richmond as in if the GF was at Etihad they wouldve won 2+ flags... they dominated that ground

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Ed just can't help himself.

Just shut the <deleted> up!

You can't defend the indefensible.

Eddie McGuire gives lengthy eight-minute defence over hypocrisy claims over Steele Sidebottom

Collingwood president Eddie McGuire has given a rambling eight-minute justification about why his views on Steele Sidebottom’s COVID-19 ban were not hypocritical.
On April 29, McGuire declared on Footy Classified that players who break the COVID-19 protocols should be hit with a $100,000 fine and suspended for the season.

But following Magpie Sidebottom’s four match ban last week, in which he was found half naked after a boozy night in Williamstown and taken home by police, the Magpies labelled the sanction “excessive, inconsistent with recent protocol breaches and contestable”.

Speaking on Triple M radio on Monday morning, McGuire gave an at times confusing account as to why those labelling him a hypocrite were wrong.
“Let me take you through it OK? No one seems to get nuances in this world and everybody wants to go for the gotcha and you’re a hypocrite and all the rest of it,” he said.

“What was that, April 29. I think it was the Fremantle Dockers blokes had had a party or whatever it was the situation there.

“I was involved and have been involved in the war cabinet, so I was intimately involved in how much money was at stake and how parlous the whole thing was.

“We weren’t playing at that stage, right, so we were talking about possibly going back into hubs and we were thinking forward into those sorts of situations.

“So (Matthew) Lloydy comes up with ‘Oh there’ll be other blokes who do it’, we know that there was going to be transgressions. My point was that the AFL, I believe, needed to go hard from the word go, OK? That’s what it was at that stage. The AFL for their own decision and right or wrong, I’m not saying they’re right or wrong, but they decided that they wouldn’t go that hard when we had a number of transgressions including people ending up in hospital etc, they didn’t go that hard.

“My point then, as going into that was, you really have to go hard on this to make sure the players, who maybe don’t read the papers or don’t get it sometimes … you go hard to set the tone. They (the AFL) didn’t set the tone in that situation. They gave one and two week suspensions.”

McGuire said the fact that the Magpies had accepted the Sidebottom sanction proved there was no hypocrisy.

“Last week what happened was Steele Sidebottom, he did something ridiculous and he got a four week suspension,” he continued.

“Compared to where the other suspensions were, it was and the point that was made in quotes ‘manifestly unjust’ is the term that’s used that you have to qualify for if you’re going to appeal at the Tribunal on the measure of people being suspended.

“The bottom line is Steele Sidebottom and Collingwood accepted the decision so there’s no hypocrisy in that at all.

“I still believe that they should have come out, the AFL, and made it very, very onerous any suspensions of penalties that were there. When it came to Steele Sidebottom’s time, we looked at it (and) compared to what the AFL had put the table of suspensions, it was on the heavy side.

“It is the most heavy of suspensions. In context of what we believe and where we were last week, we agree with it. I don’t understand the hypocrisy.”

I don't think I am.

I know it's hard win them and you need everything to go your way.
Given their list, I still think they've underachieved.

Hard to compare team's 30 odd years ago TBH.
GWS were given a huge amount of top end draft picks.

It's been said many times that GWS have had the best list of talent in history.

I just don't rate Cameron.

Woosh was 1 kick from underachieving.
Simo was one straight sheed kick from underachieving.

While the GF is what they play for it can't be the the only measure for success.

Woosh was 1 kick from underachieving.
Simo was one straight sheed kick from underachieving.

While the GF is what they play for it can't be the the only measure for success.
Woosh was also 1 kick from getting 2 premierships.
Simmo had already taken us to a GF.

Sure it's great to regularly be playing finals, but at the end of the day,
it's all about premierships.

Just ask Ross Lyon.

I remember getting into an argument post 2017 season with a supposed Eagles fan who refused to budge from “Clayton Oliver is better than Elliot Yeo”.

One of my fondest memories.
Dunno whats happened to Oliver- he looked like he could be elite - but watching yesterday...

Maybe he's trying to tone down being a tosser, doing that buggered up Ballas, Sicily a bit, sometimes these guys need to play on the edge, never see Toby back off being Toby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back