Oppo Camp Regular Non Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeah, but you haven't had 3 knee reco's as well I'm guessing.

He must be so frustrated.

True. But he was right to go last year and opted to sit out of games because he knew he was off to the Hawks. If he wanted to play at all costs there were games available to him last year.

I'm thinking it could be a hammy but not a 1-2 weeker. Not like he's had a scan yet. That reaction was as if he knew he had ripped it to bits.

True. But he was right to go last year and opted to sit out of games because he knew he was off to the Hawks. If he wanted to play at all costs there were games available to him last year.

I'm thinking it could be a hammy but not a 1-2 weeker. Not like he's had a scan yet. That reaction was as if he knew he had ripped it to bits.
I think the commentators said it waste 2 to 3.
The Hawks footy manager just said he has done a hammy.

Am thinking that the hamstring could have complications as apparently some of the tendon has been used to repair his ACL.

Reacted like someone who didn't expect to be playing again this year.

Am thinking that the hamstring could have complications as apparently some of the tendon has been used to repair his ACL.

Reacted like someone who didn't expect to be playing again this year.

Fair analysis. I didn't consider his compromised hammies on account of his knees. Given all the soft tissue injuries and the short break, was it a little irresponsible of the Hawks to play him then? You can't plan for these things or noone would get a game, but he seems like the sort of bloke who should be treated like a NN, with some additional management to his load and minutes.

Totally agree about his reaction. He was heartbroken about something.

Pies running on top of the ground compared to the Hawks. Hawthorn managed to turn it over several times then they look to go inside 50 and it's all full of Pies, as is the corridor. About 10 to 3. The difference between a 5 and 7 day break is pretty big. Poor fixture.

Yep, the first thing I check with tipping at the moment is the length of break between matches.

This effect is only going to be magnified as well if HQ go down the path of condensing more rounds into fewer weeks.

What a spectacle it will be when we witness teams on 4 days breaks getting belted.

Yep, the first thing I check with tipping at the moment is the length of break between matches.

This effect is only going to be magnified as well if HQ go down the path of condensing more rounds into fewer weeks.

What a spectacle it will be when we witness teams on 4 days breaks getting belted.

I reckon word has filtered through the club's already that the season will be compressed. Sicily was on last night and said something about it almost factually, and there were some pregame comments much along the same line.

Seems inevitable now, but it will complicate the situation in WA massively. If our boys are informed they'll be back on a plane within weeks and they haven't even got home yet, we can kiss this season goodbye.

Said to the wife tonight that tickets to the GF in Perth could be a grand, and even then we'd still go because it won't be coming back. We were almost ready to buy flights to Melb for it this year when Covid hit. Works out cheaper for us.
Yep - it's usually about 2-2.5k all up (flights, accom, drinks etc) when I've gone to melb and I would happily pay similar to see it at Perth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can Clarko PLEASE comment on all the throwing happening and not being penalised, possibly under direction to keep the game 'flowing'. Nothing happens unless he raises the topic .
Also so frustrated by tackles sequentially not rewarded for incorrect disposal tonight. If they paid the free for the ball 'spilled in the tackle' this crap would rapidly stop.
The players know if they try to handball they'll be pinged, and are so good at positional spills.

I reckon word has filtered through the club's already that the season will be compressed. Sicily was on last night and said something about it almost factually, and there were some pregame comments much along the same line.

Seems inevitable now, but it will complicate the situation in WA massively. If our boys are informed they'll be back on a plane within weeks and they haven't even got home yet, we can kiss this season goodbye.

It does seem to be gathering momentum that fixture compression will occur - I can only speculate that the Victorian voting bloc has turned in favor of it as it provides a means for them to get 'home' earlier and avoid having to go through what the WA and SA clubs have endured.

For me, fixture compression serves absolutely no point at all.

It will end up with tired teams, poor football, more injuries and an earlier return to Victoria that will still be in lockdown all the same because that state has completely failed in preventing a second wave of COVID outbreaks.

It will be an absolute farce if the competition plays 5 rounds over 3 weeks as has been speculated and then goes into another COVID pause until Victoria gets its house in order. Unfortunately, to me that looks like where we are currently heading.

The non-Victorian clubs need to start making a lot of noise about ensuring what remains of the integrity of the competition and arguing the case loudly against any type of fixture compression or pause solely for the accommodation of Victoria.

Victoria is broken. There are over 3300 current cases of COVID in that state, with almost 300 newly added today (the highest daily total in any state to date). The state will inevitably be under shelter-at-home lockdowns until mid-August at a minimum. There is practically zero chance of any crowd attendances for sport in Melbourne until December at the earliest, well after the scheduled conclusion of this season.
Border controls and associated quarantine measures will (correctly) remain in place whilst Victoria locks down, and will then likely still remain thereafter for at least another four cycles of the virus. If that pans out, it won't be until October that tempering of border restrictions and quarantine is even considered, lest implemented.

The reality is the season simply cannot be completed now unless the Victorian teams see out the rest of the season outside of Victoria. No means of fixture compression or additional breaks or byes can avoid that fact.

The competition needs to acknowledge the reality that lies in front of it, put together a fixture for the remainder of the season in respect to the situation in Victoria and get on with it.

It does seem to be gathering momentum that fixture compression will occur - I can only speculate that the Victorian voting bloc has turned in favor of it as it provides a means for them to get 'home' earlier and avoid having to go through what the WA and SA clubs have endured.

It will end up with tired teams, poor football, more injuries and an earlier return to Victoria that will still be in lockdown all the same because that state has completely failed in preventing a second wave of COVID outbreaks.

It will be an absolute farce if the competition plays 5 rounds over 3 weeks as has been speculated and then goes into another COVID pause until Victoria gets its house in order. Unfortunately, to me that looks like where we are currently heading.

The non-Victorian clubs need to start making a lot of noise about ensuring what remains of the integrity of the competition and arguing the case loudly against any type of fixture compression or pause solely for the accommodation of Victoria.

Victoria is broken. There are over 3300 current cases of COVID in that state, with almost 300 newly added today (the highest daily total in any state to date). The state will inevitably be under shelter-at-home lockdowns until mid-August at a minimum. There is practically zero chance of any crowd attendances for sport in Melbourne until December at the earliest, well after the scheduled conclusion of this season.
Border controls and associated quarantine measures will (correctly) remain in place whilst Victoria locks down, and will then likely still remain thereafter for at least another four cycles of the virus. If that pans out, it won't be until October that tempering of border restrictions and quarantine is even considered, lest implemented.

The reality is the season simply cannot be completed now unless the Victorian teams see out the rest of the season outside of Victoria. No means of fixture compression or additional breaks or byes can avoid that fact.

The competition needs to acknowledge the reality that lies in front of it, put together a fixture for the remainder of the season in respect to the situation in Victoria and get on with it.
I think they might be aiming for compressed games over 4-5 weeks, then a break for several weeks so players can see families, then another round of hubs. They may also have the Vic teams finish playing each other for a rnd or 2 in melb (if that works out) to extend their stay at home. I agree that games in victoria probably won't happen until late Aug/Sep (if at all)

I agree

Its the logical way to do it, thereā€™s no realistic way weā€™re getting footy in Melbourne this year. But the AFL seem absolutely hell bent on holding out until the 11th hour when thereā€™s no other option. Theyā€™re quite happy to put all the other clubs out on the off chance that some miracle occurs by October and Victoria is good to go. Rather than accept itā€™s not going to happen, be proactive, and grow some balls to make a call for the best of the entire competition.. and if that isnā€™t in the best interests of the Vics then too bad, blame your premier.

Re: compression.

He doesnā€™t get it right all the time, his worst is still very laughable, but this is the latest in a long line of ticks from David King for me. Went hard last night about how exposed players would be in a further compressed season. No proper preseason in the build up to the restart, games every four days or so a nightmare from a soft tissue perspective.

Basically said how many injuries is a compressed season worth, because he reckons wherever that bar is set itā€™ll be met.

Meanwhile, Kelli Underwood is going on about how thereā€™s no Masterchef or the Block, so a compressed footy season would dominate ratings, and Jordan Lewis went with ā€œwell theyā€™re all just sitting around all week waiting for game day anyway, why notā€ for his argument.

Its pretty funny that the AFL are fumbling and farting along with this garbage season but they s**t canned the women's AFL 1 game from the GF.

Surely they could have just held on amd played til there was a result when all sport resumed in June.

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Freo or St Kilda?

Who we got today fellas?

I'm going with Freo for the upset.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back