Oppo Camp Regular Non Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
PS I posted that at full strength Freo would cause a lot of teams problems including ours. Right now we'd beat them again and again but when we played them a month ago we were only missing Shuey and they were missing almost all their first choice defence. Fyfe in the mid. Plus Hogan in the forward line. It took us after half time to power away in the derby. Me saying we could be in strife against them in future years doesn't make me 'negative', it doesn't make me a 'defeatist' etc. We have been up for a long while and are due to fall when they start to rise. Tonight's result doesn't make my opinion any less valid.

The Dockers having a few nice young pieces and are trending up, while the nature of sport is that eventually we will come down.

That does not equal “we might have won our last derby for a while”.

If they win one, they win one. Last derby for a while means multiple seasons of losing to the same team again and again. It’s a farcical statement on the evidence we have at our disposal.

The Dockers having a few nice young pieces and are trending up, while the nature of sport is that eventually we will come down.

That does not equal “we might have won our last derby for a while”.

If they win one, they win one. Last derby for a while means multiple seasons of losing to the same team again and again. It’s a farcical statement on the evidence we have at our disposal.
Plus.. our “future” is at the worst on par with theirs, arguably better. We’ve already got our bookends sorted, ruck sorted so we now have 3-4 years to find a couple of elite mids to replace our starters. Even if we bottomed out for a couple of years to grab some top 10 mids. There’s obviously no guarantee the picks are nailed or some of the players on our list turn into players we want, but the succession plan is pretty solid as of right now.

Cockburn board will literally blame anyone other than their own team for the loss :freo::toilet:

- Umpires
- VFL
- West Coast
- Blakely
- Gaff (jokes, surprising he hasn't been mentioned actually)

Just glossed over the fact their team was on the ropes completely after half time and Carlton should've been 4 goals up.

Also if their lord and saviour, perennially developing gun in the making Taberner, hadn't of knocked it out of bounds like a dickhead, they'd STILL have won.

Some clubs just have a losing culture, while others #getalltheluck :moustache:

They will be fine once Hogan comes back, he’s the best forward in the AFL. Apparently.
Meanwhile we only have spuds like Allen coming through.

Just fold the club already.

Putting iPad on charge before heading to pub.

Will need full battery to saviour melts on Freo board when I stagger home.

....bloody Margetts.........

Update: Too drunk to remember to read last night.

But sure as hell can now recommend 2 Panadols and a trip to the Freo board as helping with a hangover.

Does seem to have be overlooked that Tabs play on the boundary confirmed his biggest weakness, he’s just a really dumb player.

(edit: DS did notice)

Maybe because they weren't paid in the last minute of the game :rolleyes:

I saw one of the few non-tin foil Freo fans make a very salient point.

If the final sequence had happened in the first quarter, while Freo’s dodgy goals had happened on the siren, the Blues melts and coverage would be the same as theirs. Just the timing accentuates it so much.

Must be rough talking common sense on that board.

I was at the game last night. 🤣

My Dad and bruv are Freo members and they asked me to go see the game with them. I guess they figured Freo were a good shout against the Blues so they could put up with my cheeky comments about West Coast being far superior. The funny thing is...well, one of the many funny things is...Dad had decided not to go to the Pies game because he thought Freo would get pantsed and he decided not to go to the Hawks game because the weather forecast was toilet. So he decides to go to the Blues game despite a s**t weather forecast. And he decides to ask me. It’s like the perfect set up for the movie script I sometimes dream about writing. :p

So we were mostly under cover, which was bloody fantastic. * it was cold in the last quarter though. What a s**t game of footy - poor skills impacted by difficult conditions. But like I said to Dad and bruv early in the last - at least it’s close! I got the distinct impression they didn’t share my enthusiasm for the sentiment. :cool:

No-one in the crowd had any idea what the hell was going on with that last play. We all figured it was oof by Carlton and Freo free kick. You can imagine my surprise and delight when a random Carlton player is handed the ball. We were right in line with Newnes and the center of the big sticks for the kick. I’m pretty sure none of the Freo supporters around me appreciated it when I roared ‘he’s got it!’ as the goal sailed through. I looked at my brother straight after and could clearly see shock, then anger, then disappointment, then resignation. God it was beautiful. What a ******* brilliant night!

Cockburn board will literally blame anyone other than their own team for the loss :freo::toilet:

- Umpires
- VFL
- West Coast
- Blakely
- Gaff (jokes, surprising he hasn't been mentioned actually)

Just glossed over the fact their team was on the ropes completely after half time and Carlton should've been 4 goals up.

Also if their lord and saviour, perennially developing gun in the making Taberner, hadn't of knocked it out of bounds like a dickhead, they'd STILL have won.

Some clubs just have a losing culture, while others #getalltheluck :moustache:

My favourite was people saying well you can’t kick five goals and reasonably expect to win a game. Then people were like CARLTON DID, as though the point was that it’s mathematically impossible.

Edit: actually that’s a lie. Upon reflection it’s hard to go past the “we lost because of West Coast” arguments that are flying.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I went over to the Freo board last night to amuse myself. There were a surprising number of posters who had a realistic take on the game
" We played crap in the 2nd half, Taberner messed up, it was a great kick by Newnes"
This was more than balanced out by the conspiracy theories regarding the corruption and cheating by the Eagles, the VFL and the umpires.
We need to get one of the psychiatrists who diagnose people like Trump from a distance to have a go at the Freo board, so much delusional material to work with.

Taberner could kick 80 goals in a season and still be one of the dumbest players in the competition.

He's seemingly improved his goalscoring output this year; sadly, his brain fart count rises with it.

I accidentally fell asleep at 3 qtr time, the games are on quite late in QLD. I have woken up in shock this morning to see we lost and under what sh*t circumstances. Feels similar to waking up and hearing about 9/11.

Surprising to me was the number of opposition sympathisers coming to offer condolences and words off support onto Cockburns board.

I swear we get minimal opposition kents coming onto our board telling us how much we were "robbed" after a loss.

Must be because we're a consistently successful club and a financial powerhouse of the competition, Cockburn on the other hand smells, with an empty trophy cabinet.

#alltheluck

Surprising to me was the number of opposition sympathisers coming to offer condolences and words off support onto Cockburns board.

I swear we get minimal opposition kents coming onto our board telling us how much we were "robbed" after a loss.

Must be because we're a consistently successful club and a financial powerhouse of the competition, Cockburn on the other hand smells, with an empty trophy cabinet.

#alltheluck

You’re on absolute fire sir :hearteyes::moustache:
Pretty much it really. Carlton still a disliked club against the brave, valiant battlers from
Cockburn. Unfortunately when you only kick two goals in three quarters, you leave yourself open to being dudded by the usual incompetence of the umpires. Strange concept to grasp I know.

The day we (WCE) get sympathy is when I know we have fallen to the depths 🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back