Oppo Camp Regular Non Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching Gold Coast fumble at every occasion is just sapping.
Almost looks like they are doing it deliberately.
Bloody fold coast. They played amazing pressure football against us but are now cooked.

I would be very happy to play pies in wk1 finals. They are sloppy and predictable, we have a great winning record against them if they play like this.

I get the Cox story is quite unique and the commentator's job is generate excitement for the viewer but they are creaming themselves over a 6 mark 2 goal game. From a Collingwood perspective they've spent 4-5 years trying to win a flag with a full forward who's kicked 80 goals from 60 games. There's no bonus points because it's a great story.

What possesses an AFL player to single-handedly just throw the pill like that though?

That's like... i can't imagine ever doing it at amateur level. Surely if you're off balance you just take the ball to ground with you. Hold onto it. But nope.

Old mate literally says "Catya" and just turfs it without a care in the world. Didn't even ATTEMPT to handball it.

Even worse is that i don't see a single player even look at the umpire and appeal for a free kick. Everyone just accepts what's happened.

Because they know the umpire will do * all about it.

Hai gaiz :raisinghand: just reminding everyone that we lost to Fold Coast by a cheeky 44 points.

The team which has had 1 win from it's past 9 games.

Cheers.
PCApATaYpl3E8guN4sW8i1zP3xTQe2cmWPDzvwI7J2qXqyBVm0R7YH7u18oormp0LCXTPGTGZcljqHITCt5tCchzCszKNfZqlFivsieuMF6QdH_jQI-36HOn9DIO-HzilijU=w220-h165

Eddie Betts wants to go round again. The guy was an excitement machine but it's time to hang up the boots, his legacy is already dwindling from this season and would only be worse with another.

Once can be a "mistake", twice is a pattern.

His AFL career is most certainly over you would think, even if he isn't convicted.

For anyone who couldn't connect the dots, he was with his ex-girlfriend on Sunday morning. She's since been on Ch7 and does have visible marks/bruising. She'd be well served keeping her distance from him, and I'm surprised no family or the Swans footy club didn't advise him of the same.

Hard to see how he doesn't get convicted, but the charges may be modified/downgraded.

Hai gaiz :raisinghand: just reminding everyone that we lost to Fold Coast by a cheeky 44 points.

The team which has had 1 win from it's past 9 games.

Cheers.

Richmond lost to Hawthorn, and Hawthorn can't finish higher on the ladder than fold coast.

Geelong hilariously lost to Carlton at GMHBA too.

Immediately after the season restart was a weird time :D

Richmond lost to Hawthorn, and Hawthorn can't finish higher on the ladder than fold coast.

Geelong hilariously lost to Carlton at GMHBA too.

Immediately after the season restart was a weird time :D

To be fair, the way i was shook in round 2 watching that kids team absolutely dismantle our "team of stars" and all our hero's so comprehensively..

I'll take finishing 5th in a heartbeat, we really turned this shitheap season around :shrug:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has there been much talk of Wooshas last presser here? Essentially telling bomber fans you can't cheat for success anymore. Massive whack given how he's spoken for the best part of 20 years coaching

He made some great points.

No doubt the traditional big 4 vic clubs had issues adjusting to a national comp with equalisation as its primary goal.

People talk about national comp starting in 1990. Reality is All big clubs were stocked with talent from zoning etc well into the mid to late 90's, and AFL didn't bother to police salary cap until lat 90's either.

As soon as Essendon and Carlton natural advantages eroded, they have been competitions biggest basket cases, and both have stepped over the line in pursuit of what they feel is their natural born right to rule.

It's fun to watch.

Has there been much talk of Wooshas last presser here? Essentially telling bomber fans you can't cheat for success anymore. Massive whack given how he's spoken for the best part of 20 years coaching

I had a listen, it was pretty funny. The part about salary caps and comp being even seems to have been glossed over by the media. I think they all know what it means but the systemic doping of players is never to be spoken of again.

The whack about thinking you deserve a flag just because you're a big club is the part most are talking about. Sounds as though there's a very toxic leadership structure and culture there. From trying to cheat a flag to growing incensed that they can't just 'have' one.

I had a listen, it was pretty funny. The part about salary caps and comp being even seems to have been glossed over by the media. I think they all know what it means but the systemic doping of players is never to be spoken of again.

The whack about thinking you deserve a flag just because you're a big club is the part most are talking about. Sounds as though there's a very toxic leadership structure and culture there. From trying to cheat a flag to growing incensed that they can't just 'have' one.

I think it is more a comment about Essendon's coteries and prominent supporters. They are very powerful and hold huge sway at that club.

They have had a born to rule mentality since the mid 80's and the idea of being middling or struggling club is so foreign to them.

They don't understand that under the old VFL zoning rules and flimsy/non-existent salary cap is what underpinned most of their success in that era.

Now they're just like everyone else and freaking the * out about it.

Once can be a "mistake", twice is a pattern.

His AFL career is most certainly over you would think, even if he isn't convicted.
I'm confused. Did he allegedly assault her once or twice? The reports are saying Sunday morning at a CBD hotel, but I remember the reports of assault coming out 2 weeks ago?

I'm confused. Did he allegedly assault her once or twice? The reports are saying Sunday morning at a CBD hotel, but I remember the reports of assault coming out 2 weeks ago?

The one on Instagram was from an incident months ago pre-COVID, she only posted it on social media 2 weeks ago after they broke up.

From what I can piece together

A- Incident occurred in Sydney at some point before Perth hub
B - ET comes to Sydney. GF here. Break quarantine to be together
C - ET suspended stays in Perth
D - Random instagram post making allegations bringing incident A to light with picture of bruises
E - ET and GF meet up in hotel - alleged assault
F - Police arrest ET for incident E

Crazy to think that they would have such a pattern of dysfunction but still decide that they want to see each other.

Crazy to think that they would have such a pattern of dysfunction but still decide that they want to see each other.
It's what makes domestic violence such a difficult thing for people in general to work through, and for societies to prevent. People get bound up with each other in relationships of dependency, and toxic behaviour can creep into that slowly.

People like to say "why didn't they just leave when A...", but it's pretty normal for people to forgive mistakes and believe people when they say it won't happen again.

Can't imagine how hard life is right now for people in these sort of situations in lockdown around the world :/

It's what makes domestic violence such a difficult thing for people in general to work through, and for societies to prevent. People get bound up with each other in relationships of dependency, and toxic behaviour can creep into that slowly.

People like to say "why didn't they just leave when A...", but it's pretty normal for people to forgive mistakes and believe people when they say it won't happen again.

Can't imagine how hard life is right now for people in these sort of situations in lockdown around the world :/
Yep - there are strong subconcious patterns of victimhood/persecution that play out. The tragic thing is that victims can often leave one abusive relationship and find themselves in another. It's no easy thing for them to just walk away either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back