Oppo Camp Regular Non Eagles Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

javaguice

Premiership Player
Feb 29, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Good to see the Wildcats are building an Eagles/Dockers type rivalry with the Sydney Kings in every way.

Kings owner comes out and says they hate the Wildcats, cue another Wildcats win 😀
Idk bro. The roster looks flimsy. My neices go to school with trevs daughters and apparently he has his doubts about the make-up of the roster.

Anything is possible with BC in the team though

Anyone seen this yet...the league is a f**king joke

I absolutely love that it was Langford. Guy has plenty of tools but is a bit of a dunce when it comes to footy smarts. Just perfect that he would be the inaugural culprit.

Coasters7

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 27, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea

Yeah I give up with this sport. This was the exact thing I didn’t want happening. The rule actually has potential to be alright if they adjudicate the game properly. But.. the umpire should be calling play on there before he pings the dude for 50. Player with the ball had already moved a long way off his mark.

If they’re going to have this rule, they need to be applying the same harsh ruling to the guy with the ball. It can be a success but it’s going to be a shitshow if they allow the ball handler metres of space while the guy on the mark is a traffic cone.

Oh geez, what an utter embarrassment. So glad to not be as emotionally invested in the game anymore because that is truly pathetic.

Why are we trying to fix something that was never really a problem tho.

Reeks of the old individual trying to justify their position in an organisation by making unnecessary changes. Hocking just making stupid s**t up now so he can keep his job. He and Gil flushed the game down the shitter in the past few years and unless they scrap all the shitty changes, there'll be no coming back.

Coasters7

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 27, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea
Why are we trying to fix something that was never really a problem tho.
I think it only started becoming a problem when umpires started becoming too lenient on “natural arcs”. As someone on the mark you’re nearly forced to sidestep and go with the player as currently they’re allowed to swing out a fair distance. They’re targeting the wrong cause, as per usual.

I honestly think round 1 is going to be an complete shitshow with this rule.
It's absolutely f**king stupid
I'm withholding judgement. I think if it is a major farce and incongruent with how players can be expected to act, there will be enough feedback through the pre-season biz to have it pretty strongly diluted ahead of Round 1. There may well be some degree of leniency that the umps are just gonna have to tap into. What the material symptoms of the rule change itself prove to be, who knows. :shrug:

Jan 13, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
I'm withholding judgement. I think if it is a major farce and incongruent with how players can be expected to act, there will be enough feedback through the pre-season biz to have it pretty strongly diluted ahead of Round 1. There may well be some degree of leniency that the umps are just gonna have to tap into. What the material symptoms of the rule change itself prove to be, who knows. :shrug:
I just don't understand why it's even necessary, it's just another reason the umpires have got to blow their whistle and influence the game with their inconsistent interpretations of an ever expanding list of rules.

In a time where money is tight (apparently) in the AFL and they're reducing staff, it speaks volumes that Hocking and his whole team of 'game integrity' w***ers haven't been sacked.

Talk about trying to justify your job. Instead of turfing the embarrassing ruck nomination, they instead decide to keep the nomination and add an equally embarrassing manning of the mark rule, which never affected the game in the first place.

Let's take something which has been a fundamental part of the game since inception, and use THIS as a way to undo all the s**t heap changes we've already made, to make the game more exciting and increase scoring so sponsors get more air time.

Jun 30, 2009
Deroesfromgero
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
east perth
6449E117-C9C8-4A40-91D0-66DC77128390.jpeg

06Premiers

Premiership Player
Oct 11, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Lakers
The new man on the mark rule is pretty dumb, but also has an equally dumb loophole.
Just take 1 step back off the mark & then you can do whatever you like. Simples.

DanWCE

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 2, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
The new man on the mark rule is pretty dumb, but also has an equally dumb loophole.
Just take 1 step back off the mark & then you can do whatever you like. Simples.

You're not allowed to. You can stand back 5m off the mark (there's an exclusion zone around the mark) or you can stand on it and stay still.

My prediction with this rule is the same as most of the new rules

People spend the pre season losing their minds over it, a few are paid in the first few rounds so people continue to lose their minds over it, and then within two months the players have adapted and everyone moves on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back