Oppo Camp Regular Non Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it worth the risk of having to come to WA currently though? The only have those four games because of the same situation in reverse so they couldn't pretend to be hard done by.

Have you seen the list of restaurants these guys picked up from?

Whilst it’s a low risk if an employee at just one of those restaurants tests positive we’ll be in lockdown for a week or more. If I was Brisbane I’d be avoiding travelling to WA just now in case s**t gets real again

I’ve crossed over at one of those places and my daughters best friend served one of them and has to be tested. Apparently the govt authorities went through cctv to make sure they were wearing masks

Wonder if WC consider a swap with the Crows? Would be handy as we would travel once in 5 weeks at the back end with 2 home games then pies at the G home v Saints and then away to Freo.

I would say that contingencies regarding this potential swap are being put in place already.

It would however mean consecutive away weeks in Melbourne, Adelaide and Sydney for Rounds 8-10 - which is a scenario I'm sure the club would rather avoid.

Thanks for that.

Also reminds me how spoilt we are as supporters.
Would you say Sydney fans were more or less spoilt than WC fans in the same time period?

WC: 4 Grand Finals, 2 flags, 49 weeks on top of ladder

Syd: 5 Grand Finals, 2 flags, 19 weeks on top of ladder

Would you say Sydney fans were more or less spoilt than WC fans in the same time period?

Trick question; Sydney fans don't really exist.

Wouldn't have a clue about Sydney's fans as I don't read their board.
You definitely wouldn't be unhappy being a Sydney fan though.

On our board, if we don't win every week, people want to sack the coach and drop half the team.

I couldn't imagine what it would be like to support Melbourne or the Saints.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds like they're sending Freo to QLD for a couple games, hopefully we don't do the same but looking unlikely. Home games missed should be made up later on.

Good to see them on the front foot IMO. Sacrifice now and make it up later.

....as long as they are made up later. Turning over any home game is a risk - it might not come back your way at all. Look at last season. We did not get an even home/away split at all, despite having a covid free state and an unused stadium

The Eagles should NOT give up any games in Perth unless there is basically no other solution.

Sounds like they're sending Freo to QLD for a couple games, hopefully we don't do the same but looking unlikely. Home games missed should be made up later on.

Why is this even happening? Surely not because of the minimal covid cases we currently have?

Yup.
We've already dropped a million bucks a couple of weeks ago. Can't afford another lot
At least this way Brisbane come back here...unless there's another outbreak later
How did your club afford it last year? Did they make a big loss?

I was thinking about our CEOs claim that they lost $2M. From memory, we lost about 4 home games last year, so that's at least $8M gone, but I don't get the sense we were in financial danger. These decisions look like prioritising profit over on field performance.

Even with our financial situation I don’t think the club would be keen to take too many more 2m losses.

But I think Fremantle’s list position is a little different too. Lots of boys in that 20-25 age range that don’t have the family and life commitments that our guys have being an older list.

So them jetsetting off to the eastern states for a couple of weeks doesn’t require as much consideration and planning. If they were in our shoes I suspect they wouldn’t be on the road for long either.

I've heard we are likely to spend the week in Melbourne then head to Adelaide for an away game switch. It makes perfect sense to me

Might give us or Freo some chance of playing on a day other than Sunday given there will be back to back games in Perth.

Optus stadium is going to struggle though. Staff are walking out en masse and they're on a recruiting drive trying to plug holes. Back to back events with 75-100% capacity will push them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back