Oppo Camp Regular Non Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hahahaha Fyfe holy s**t. Finally gets the monkey off his back, goes from 1.13 to 2.13 on the season with an easy set shot.

Immediately adds two behinds 30 seconds later, one from effectively a set shot in the goal square. Love the boy.

The hill I've chosen to die on is that the Eagles were an expansion club in the VFL, but a foundation club of the AFL, and Adelaide, Freo, Port, Gold Coast and GWS are the only expansion clubs. When talking about the AFL, the only relevant stats are the ones from 1990 onwards.

Your Carltons and your Essendons are almost as relevant as your Universities.

Collingwood's AFL record is just as funny as their VFL record though.

University never had a systemic doping scandal.

Then again, they played at a time where you’d go to the doctor with a cold and get given heroin and some leeches.

It's worth watching Freo games just to laugh at Fyfe's goalkicking.
Never forget the first derby at Optus where Freo lost by 8 points and Fyfe missed 2 set shots from straight in front in the dying stages of the game.

I was sitting behind the goals he was kicking at too, it was a glorious afternoon. It was a Freo home derby and me and my other Eagles supporting mate were in a sea of purples.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is getting borderline sad now.

The best thing about Freo fans who hate us with every fibre of their being is that Fremantle are such a non entity of a threat that I actively want them to win games. Could they at least do us a favour and knock off a finalist here or there? Deadset irrelevant to the finals picture in every sense.

The best thing about Freo fans who hate us with every fibre of their being is that Fremantle are such a non entity of a threat that I actively want them to win games. Could they at least do us a favour and knock off a finalist here or there? Deadset irrelevant to the finals picture in every sense.
That I suppose is the good thing Melbourne are doing for us, 2nd spot isn't too far away, and we know they'll cave before September.

2 goals 15. Fyfe would get a better return if he closed his eyes
That's a goalkicking accuracy of 13.33%, not including times he's kicked it out on the full. If the trend continues, and he takes 50 shots, it will be twice as bad as the worst goalkicking accuracy of all time for a season (28%).

This is getting borderline sad now.

Its like when that bloke from the other week sent us all troll PMs about how sh*t we were vs St Kilda. Could you image supporting a team so consistently bad, that the only joy you can derive from football is when your arch nemesis has a loss?

"Non entity" is an understatement. Its like acknowledging that dirt exists - yeah you can see it, but unless you get it on your clothes, so what? Its just there, on the ground, doing nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back