Oppo Camp Regular Non Eagles Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's called arrogance, which was fine pre mid 90s but has turned them both into totally irrelevant clubs since.

Need to actually eat some humble pie and they might go somewhere.

Party was over for them once the draft and salary cap came into play.

They still get their standalone games, the media fawning over their youf and members who continue to pay-up despite being served the same sh*t sammich year after year. They're blissfully unaware of the reality of their situations.

And I love it.

The thing that keeps their floor really high is the very thing that puts a ceiling on their success. They think things will just be handed to them, because things are always handed to them.

They have the sort of benefits that 90% of clubs would kill for, and are used to that being enough. The rest of the clubs have to work harder and smarter to counteract those benefits, the Carlton’s and Essendon’s are bloated and lazy, they get caught but are so used to handouts they don’t know how to pull themselves out of the situation.

Their legacy (and the AFL’s shrunken balls) are the thing keeping them from ever truly bottoming out as solvent clubs, but it’s also the very thing preventing them from ever becoming a modern day powerhouse.

Nuke Fremantle

Premiership Player
Mar 26, 2007
Dullsville
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
If any of these superstar kids end up with permanent damage, get ready for the debate about moving the debut age to 20 or something.

There might be a debate but the AFL will be extremely reluctant to raise the draft age. The reason being that they're terrified of losing young athletes to other sports. Of course that's not what they'll actually say, it'll be "we want to give opportunities to as many young people as we can" yada yada.

If ever evidence was needed that the AFL’s system for determining MOTY and GOTY is fundamentally flawed

Bolton was hands down MOTY of the year so far and Richmonds 100,000 bandwagoners couldn’t even get it over the line for Mark of the week

This is what the AFL get for not nominating Petch’s goal against the Saints for GOTY

If ever evidence was needed that the AFL’s system for determining MOTY and GOTY is fundamentally flawed

Bolton was hands down MOTY of the year so far and Richmonds 100,000 bandwagoners couldn’t even get it over the line for Mark of the week

This is what the AFL get for not nominating Petch’s goal against the Saints for GOTY

By not getting mark of the week, does that mean Bolton can't win MOTY?

Rowan18

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast

That is hilarious and shocking! Funny that Richmond gets robbed, but Bolton's was clearly the standout mark. Did all the Pies members vote against it out of spite or something?

By not getting mark of the week, does that mean Bolton can't win MOTY?
Unfortunately the AFL has, surprisingly wisely for them, a contingency plan that allows for 5 marks that weren’t weekly winners to be included at the end of the season

So he can still win

Truckosaurus

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 19, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
In light of the Mitch McGovern thread on the main board, I've been trying to come up with a Sloppy Rig Best 22 (a.k.a. the Mighty Chubs), but I'm seriously blanking on clubs other than West Coast or teams that have recently played West Coast. Current players only please, this is a loving testament to players able to dodge the modern game's fitness and diet regimes.

Coach - S Dew (obvs)
B: - - -
HB: N Wilson J McGovern -
C: Franklin - - B Hill
HF: DeGoey - Hawkins - Walker
F: M McGovern - Stringer - W Rioli
R: Darcy - -
I/C: Rowe S Motlop - -

Updated: Jimmy Rowe sits on the bench and the other end flips up like a seesaw. S Motlop balances it out. N Wilson catches his breath on a halfback flank.

Last edited:

Rowan18

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
In light of the Mitch McGovern thread on the main board, I've been trying to come up with a Sloppy Rig Best 22 (a.k.a. the Mighty Chubs), but I'm seriously blanking on clubs other than West Coast or teams that have recently played West Coast. Current players only please, this is a loving testament to players able to dodge the modern game's fitness and diet regimes.

Coach - S Dew (obvs)
HB: - J McGovern -
I/C: - - - -
Nic Fatanui has to be the ruckman, surely.

Rowan18

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast

Coach - S Dew (obvs)
Should also play the younger, Hawthorn era, Stewart Dew on the field (for lols)

KERRPOW

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 28, 2008
in a town near you
AFL Club
West Coast

Coach - S Dew (obvs)

Nicnat (C)

MrKK

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 11, 2012
City of churches
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Sturt, Southampton FC, LSU

Coach - S Dew (obvs)
Jimmy Rowe (Crows) in a forward pocket.
It's a shame Jack Steven retired.

Feb 26, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast

Coach - S Dew (obvs)
Unsure if he is still porky but I remember S. Motlop being a bit of a pudge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back