Oppo Camp Regular Non Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brad Johnson on Marc Murphy- "He deserves to represent Carlton 300 times."
Jesus, what a horrible thing to say. No one deserves that!

To be fair its all Brad had to hang his hat on for a career spent at the doggies.

The Selwood reports and piss weak penalties annoy me.

He was doing deliberately malicious sh*t campaigners things and he gets a slap on the wrist.

Meanwhile a genuine contest between two players is the trial of the century.

I dead set hate the joke organisation that run our game.
Yeah noticed there’s always absolute crickets from Hocking whenever there’s star players (even moreso when involving Geelong players) sniping blokes left right and centre with deliberate calculated dog hits, occasionally involving the head too. Yet some average Joe mistimes his attack on the ball by half a second and Stevo is everywhere sprouting how it needs to be removed from the game. How about starting with the non footballing acts?

Yeah noticed there’s always absolute crickets from Hocking whenever there’s star players (even moreso when involving Geelong players) sniping blokes left right and centre with deliberate calculated dog hits, occasionally involving the head too. Yet some average Joe mistimes his attack on the ball by half a second and Stevo is everywhere sprouting how it needs to be removed from the game. How about starting with the non footballing acts?
A lot of that is because they base stuff on the outcome instead of the act.

If Hunter Clarke gets up and plays out the game, nothing else would've happened.

Should look at the act itself and then take the outcome into account IMO.

How can Selwood raking someone’s shin be classed ‘careless’?

A: To stop it being referred to the tribunal

sad to see a great of the game resorting to frequent dog acts and there be no consequences.

He punched a defenceless bloke in the head repeatedly. What happened to being serious about head knocks?

A lot of that is because they base stuff on the outcome instead of the act.

If Hunter Clarke gets up and plays out the game, nothing else would've happened.

Should look at the act itself and then take the outcome into account IMO.

similar with Toby Green. My first thought was nothing much in it, but it was off the ball and he changed lines to give someone an unnecessary tummy tap.
Just ask Gaff about mistimed jumper punches. Greens intent was probably as bad if not worse than Gaff’s

Greene has been a regular offender with the MRO over the years. He has been fined more than $26,000 across his career and suspended for seven matches.

Asked about the incident on Sunday, Greene said he was expecting a fine to come his way.

“I think I’ll pay my fine and move on. It was a little bit silly but it is what it is,” he told 3AW.

“I guess it’s frustrating (being reported again) but it was more of a reaction to being held. I’ve got to obviously reign it in a bit but I can’t say I’ll ever stop doing it.

“It’s part of what I’ve been doing for a long time and as long as you keep playing every week I’ll just keep trying to do what I can.”

So what he's saying is he doesn't give a s**t because the monetary penalties don't effect his QOL.

What a flog. He's lucky he's a gun footballer otherwise this oxygen thief would be in gaol.

If the AFL want to clean up the game, start suspending this s**t.

similar with Toby Green. My first thought was nothing much in it, but it was off the ball and he changed lines to give someone an unnecessary tummy tap.
Just ask Gaff about mistimed jumper punches. Greens intent was probably as bad if not worse than Gaff’s
TBF

Green's love tap had a lot less force than Gaffs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Greene has been a regular offender with the MRO over the years. He has been fined more than $26,000 across his career and suspended for seven matches.

Asked about the incident on Sunday, Greene said he was expecting a fine to come his way.

“I think I’ll pay my fine and move on. It was a little bit silly but it is what it is,” he told 3AW.

“I guess it’s frustrating (being reported again) but it was more of a reaction to being held. I’ve got to obviously reign it in a bit but I can’t say I’ll ever stop doing it.

“It’s part of what I’ve been doing for a long time and as long as you keep playing every week I’ll just keep trying to do what I can.”

So what he's saying is he doesn't give a sh*t because the monetary penalties don't effect his QOL.

What a flog. He's lucky he's a gun footballer otherwise this oxygen thief would be in gaol.

If the AFL want to clean up the game, start suspending this sh*t.
Since Jordan Lewis(?) came out and said players would claim fines at tax time and get it back it seems like a bit of a waste of time.

Suspend or nothing is the only option I suppose.

TBF

Green's love tap had a lot less force than Gaffs.

True and Gaff got a deservedly harsh punishment.

There was no real force in Greene’s love tap but probably does deserve the week for being a dick, especially if we want them to penalise intent not just outcomes. Even though I actually really like Greene as a player I reckon he also got reported because of past behaviour and reputation. Selwood on the other hand has a tough as nails rep, despite being a bit of a dirty sniper, gets off with a fine

Since Jordan Lewis(?) came out and said players would claim fines at tax time and get it back it seems like a bit of a waste of time.

Suspend or nothing is the only option I suppose.

I had no idea about this and if true, what a farce.

Tim O’Brien could be a semi dangerous player if his hands weren’t made of rubber. Would 100% be the leading stat getter for dropped marks.

It really disturbs me how many people think that a tax deduction means it's free.

Closely rivaled by those who think that earning more to put you into the next tax bracket means you earn less after tax.

Haha, had and old boss tell me to claim mileage through tax.

Nah, i'll rather be fully reimbursed thanks.
Mileage is actually one of those things where you get more back than what you spend. Of course they are compensating you for servicing costs and depreciation but still

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back