Analysis Rehashing the Dangerfield trade.....AGAIN

Did Adelaide get the absolute most they could have in trade capital for Dangerfield?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 35 92.1%
  • At the time Yes but in Hindsight No

Votes: 3 7.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Its not the footballer its the deal. So its ok for Sydney lol but not ok for us.......right!!!
Dawson was not worth pick four when the trade was done. Dangerfield was worth more than the pick we got and the henderson pick when the trade was done. There’s no comparison.

It is absolutely obvious that both sides to a deal should negotiate hard. We are criticising our negotiators on the Dangerfield trade!

It’s a football forum and football old and new is discussed, especially in the off season. It’s not up to you to determine what we should and shouldn’t discuss especially when there’s a dedicated thread.

To insinuate we need to argue to feel better is pathetic. Do you post to feel better? What’s the threshold of when posting makes us feel better. Also feel to share your shrink credentials
You didn't answer the question though!

Why do you often post the same point over & over?

Do you think all posters have short term memory loss?

If you don't do it to make yourself feel better, why then?

Yes, I post here for enjoyment, otherwise why be here...

You didn't answer the question though!

Why do you often post the same point over & over?

Do you think all posters have short term memory loss?

If you don't do it to make yourself feel better, why then?

Yes, I post here for enjoyment, otherwise why be here...
Because I like to discuss topics especially if I find an opposing view I disagree with. It’s a football forum, we discuss football related topics.

You argue on here, do you do it to make yourself feel better?

Do you feel better coming into a thread and whinging about the topic and insulting posters?

Because I like to discuss topics especially if I find an opposing view I disagree with. It’s a football forum, we discuss football related topics.

You argue on here, do you do it to make yourself feel better?

Do you feel better coming into a thread and whinging about the topic and insulting posters?
Yes we know full well this is a discussion board.

But my question is why the need to make the same point over & over?

It's insulting to think we are all too stupid to remember what you posted previously.

Clearly you are refusing to answer & I won't bother asking again.

It's insulting to think we are all too stupid to remember what you posted previously.

I did answer, you just didn’t like the answer.

Again you are in a thread discussing a topic you’re whinging about being discussed. Why? Does it make you feel better? You’ve refused to answer it.

Is there anything worse than people going into a thread that is specifically labeled and complaining about the topic at hand being discussed?
Or the way they contradict themselves throughout the topic!
Same person
“It’s the best deal Adelaide could get”
“ It was a s**t deal and Adelaide should have done better”
“ Adelaide was never going to get a better deal, Geelong held all the cards”
“ Why can’t people let this go it’s been 8 years”.
Seriously don’t know why it bothers some if others want to discuss a topic. Simply don’t post or read the thread.

We should have called Dangerfield’s bluff. He would never sit out a year. We are weak as a club, always have been.
Even if it meant losing any trade it would have sent a message to the rest of the competition.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

s**t deal.

Also, Rehn doing his knees 3 times was s**t.

Losing the 93 prelim was s**t.

Camp was s**t.

2017 GF was s**t.

2012 prelim umpiring was s**t

Kurt Tippett secret deal was s**t

2005/06 wasted opportunities were s**t

Leaving Massie on Buddy was s**t

Ben Rutten giving away the free vs Collingwood in 2009 was s**t.

Goal umpiring decision vs Sydney in 2023 was s**t

Brett Burton as high performance manager was s**t

Nathan van Berlo being cruelled by a sled was s**t.

Trent Hentschel being ruined by injury was s**t.

Tyson Edwards being KOd vs Collingwood in prelim was s**t

Compo for Davis and Bock was s**t

I'd add to that Smith doing his ACL in the 2017 QF was s**t. Arguably cost us the flag.

Did he actually use the sit out for a year threat?
I don’t remember that
I thought he said it on radio but now I’m thinking about it, it could have been a radio jock that said it and over the years the memory has become blurred.
Actually it doesn’t sound like something he would say in the first place, he never came across as that sort of guy. He was always professional.

We should have called Dangerfield’s bluff. He would never sit out a year. We are weak as a club, always have been.
Even if it meant losing any trade it would have sent a message to the rest of the competition.

Sitting out a year wouldn’t have achieved anything, we still would hold his rights.

Nothing would change

A good question for the negative nellies is can they find positive ppl who do the same?

Who repeatedly puts up positive threads over and over?

Who, when the board is quiet, puts up a positive point that they know the negatives will bite on to liven things up?

The negatives complain about ppl complaining about their crap, but if they never posted their crap, especially over and over, no one would rebuff it. They're all closet masochists in my view.

Dangerfield was a 3x all Australian and undeniably one of the best mids in the comp. People only became vaguely aware that Jordan Dawson was a footballer a year before we got him. He was a good young utility. There’s no comparison.
This is true. I was like “Jordan who? Oh, that Sydney guy. Ok, he’s not bad.”

A good question for the negative nellies is can they find positive ppl who do the same?

Who repeatedly puts up positive threads over and over?

Who, when the board is quiet, puts up a positive point that they know the negatives will bite on to liven things up?

The negatives complain about ppl complaining about their crap, but if they never posted their crap, especially over and over, no one would rebuff it. They're all closet masochists in my view.
Blah blah blah.

Back