Opinion Reid's ability to get injured in big games

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 3, 2002
In a good place
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NBA Winning Machines/Dallas Cowboys
I was going to start a thread on this last season,and again a couple of weeks ago against North.I don't think Ive ever seen anything like it. Not a knock on the guy but Ive never seen a guy go down so much.From the 2010 GF to today.he must be close to the most subbed off player in the AFL.

It really hurts us with our set-ups,our tempo,our ability to run out games,Its a different ailment each time

And he is still only 24!

Meh, just putting it down to bad luck.

Not really worried about it, wouldn't worry about it going into big games, injuries are just something you have to get on with and is the ultimate test for the players and coach/

Meh, just putting it down to bad luck.

Not really worried about it, wouldn't worry about it going into big games, injuries are just something you have to get on with and is the ultimate test for the players and coach/

Yeah im not suggesting its a selection concern,just something Ive noticed.would love to see a stat how many times he might of been subbed off/or games he has lost to injury

As bucks says he seems to have a touch of the "koschitzke"

He's hurt his knee, what, once? The head clash last week was just bad luck.

And he came back on today.

Broke his leg in the 2010 GF replay,injured again in the 2011 GF

As I said, Im not having a go at him,its just something that seems to be a reoccurring theme

Broke his leg in the 2010 GF replay,injured again in the 2011 GF

As I said, Im not having a go at him,its just something that seems to be a reoccurring theme
No he didnt. He was told to go back on minutes before the final siren as Mick wanted him on the ground when the siren went.

He was injured before the 2011 GF and played on painkillers. The risk we took.

No he didnt. He was told to go back on minutes before the final siren as Mick wanted him on the ground when the siren went.

He was injured before the 2011 GF and played on painkillers. The risk we took.

pretty sure he broke it during the game,didn't get subbed off as you said,but needed surgery the week later

I actually expect Reid to meet his quota of getting injured every time he plays. Right on schedule today.

I was, however, amazed that there were no ACL's, broken arms or popped shoulders today. Unbelievable!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yep

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...m-and-magpie-ben/story-e6freck3-1226477624010

Kay has watched Ben win a premiership with a broken leg; then lose one when monstered by Tom Hawkins.
That 2011 Grand Final against Hawkins was particularly tough, as an injured Reid was helpless while Hawkins turned the match.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...m-and-magpie-ben/story-e6freck3-1226477624010
That was Malthouses fault. We were well in that game against Geelong, and once he stated losing the battle against Hawkins, Malthouse should have moved him off him. But was too stubborn.

I was going to start a thread on this last season,and again a couple of weeks ago against North.I don't think Ive ever seen anything like it. Not a knock on the guy but Ive never seen a guy go down so much.From the 2010 GF to today.he must be close to the most subbed off player in the AFL.

It really hurts us with our set-ups,our tempo,our ability to run out games,Its a different ailment each time

And he is still only 24!
Do you think he does it on purpose?

Do you think he does it on purpose?
Of course he does Balti, quite often I see him before a game trying to do a Mel Gibson Lethal Weapon style action to pop his shoulder back in.:rolleyes:

He's not saying that, nor are you really. If anything I think he's trying to highlight that Reid needs protection & a chop out. We need to nurse him through the season much like Geelong did with Ottens.

Last week was the only game he has played this year when he hasn't got an injury. Can't ignore it. The issue is that he plays with forwards instinct, but that is also his strength. He just has eyes on the ball and tends to ignore the peripheral bodies around him and that's causing his head knocks, and getting into unbalanced positions in the air.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back