Game Day Reigning Premiers v The Brides Maids - beware the wounded Magpie

Remove this Banner Ad

So will Bucks change something?

He's watched other sides beat us with a different game plan to what the Pies have used to date. He's not against changing plans to suit the opposition.

Surely he changes something against us to see if it works prior to finals?
Dirty ball, chaos ball, rest the ball,...on a fine day? Chip+mark, Run+gun? We've played it all tbh.
Doesn't mean we can't lose, but am real curious to see what they wheel out?

Dirty ball, chaos ball, rest the ball,...on a fine day? Chip+mark, Run+gun? We've played it all tbh.
Doesn't mean we can't lose, but am real curious to see what they wheel out?

He would have been studying the Port game closely, surely. Run and gun, chaos ball direct footy because they don't really have the personnel for chip and mark and we'd beat them at it anyway.

Collingwood are in damage control at the moment.

I don't know how they're going to kick a score?

Kenendy: 2
Darling: 1
Cripps: 1
Ryan: 1
Rioli: 1
NN/Vardy: 1
Midfield: 2

Without Cameron or any other forward kicking goals, we've already outscored Collingwood's last 2 games.

I think Yeo will get 11 tackles tonight. It will be a little cleaner than the wet contested games so he wont push past 15.

If Greenwood doesn't tag Yeo he might play way more offensively and only get the 5-8 tackles but way more i50s.

Shep will get back to back BOGs, making DeGoey his bitch and hurting him the other way as he stands in the goal square exciting Richo.

He would have been studying the Port game closely, surely. Run and gun, chaos ball direct footy because they don't really have the personnel for chip and mark and we'd beat them at it anyway.

And the Melbourne game up to 3/4 time. I think this is what they will attempt. It will be great to see how we counter it (a la Essendon), or how long it takes for them to be completely gassed.

WHE, Elliot, Mihocek, deGooey are all good at ground level and a chunk of their mids are dangerous around a pack too.
Hoskin-Elliot ain’t much chop at ground level I don’t reckon. Weak as piss. He’s pretty overrated based on one year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port got away with it because our midfield pressure was down at that point in the season. That's lifted markedly in the past4-5 weeks and especially since Nic came back.

I hope I am wrong but we will lose tonight as a structured loss AND I"M GOING TO BET ON IT FOR INSURANCE REASONS
(Feel Free to Roast Me) Read below if you want to find my reasons.

I hate to be saying this but Collingwood have more to lose than we do and Simpson doesn't like being the favourite of the comp both in the past and in the present when we bombed in 2015 and won in 2018.

Terry Wallace even thinks we are the favs.
TLDR: Wallace has named Westcoast vs Richmond for the GF Quinella with Westcoast the Premiers

We are now widely being talked about as the media's Flag Fav's in Victoria after last weeks game. The betting circles took us from $6.5 last week for the premiership to $3.7 during the week now $4.

To put that into context, last year I put a bet on WC to win the flag after Richmond's shock loss to Collingwood in the prelims.
That bet was a huge punt with a stake of $620 @$4.5 and WC had already made it to the Prelims. They just needed to get thru Melb (in Perth) and Collingwood (MCG) at the time. The punt came off which put almost $2800 back into the account and paid for flights to London, Berlin and Prague which I booked and left within 5 days of the win.

We are now a shorter odds to win the Flag than we were < a week before the Grand Final last year. From a punting perspective that is an outrageous proposition.

So I'm going to say that we will lose against Collingwood and keep our powder dry for the finals. It won't be a transparent loss (or Simpson will cop it) but it will be something like a close 3 quarters and the fourth will be where we come undone with the players losing control due to tiredness and possibly overtraining or playing out of position.

Has anyone seen any videos from training this week? Is it suspicious that our two outs are from training injuries and we have no video of training on Snapchat or twitter which could mean anything but I suspect a brutal training sess or two.

We know Mick Malthouse used to overtrain the players to force a controlled loss and he coached us to two GF wins.

I hope I am wrong but with betting at over $3 (3.4-3.75) for Collingwood to win I'm putting an insurance bet on the Pies to pay for my 10 pints of beer I will need to cry myself to sleep after losing to Collingwood. If WC win my $30 punt to the bookmakers will be a word of warning to me overthinking a game we should win.

I hope I am wrong but we will lose tonight as a structured loss AND I"M GOING TO BET ON IT FOR INSURANCE REASONS

I hate to be saying this but Collingwood have more to lose than we do and Simpson doesn't like being the favourite of the comp both in the past and in the present when we bombed in 2015 and won in 2018.

TLDR: Wallace has named Westcoast vs Richmond for the GF Quinella with Westcoast the Premiers

We are now widely being talked about as the media's Flag Fav's in Victoria after last weeks game. The betting circles took us from $6.5 last week for the premiership to $3.7 during the week now $4.

To put that into context, last year I put a bet on WC to win the flag after Richmond's shock loss to Collingwood in the prelims.
That bet was a huge punt with a stake of $620 @$4.5 and WC had already made it to the Prelims. They just needed to get thru Melb (in Perth) and Collingwood (MCG) at the time. The punt came off which put almost $2800 back into the account and paid for flights to London, Berlin and Prague which I booked and left within 5 days of the win.

We are now a shorter odds to win the Flag than we were < a week before the Grand Final last year. From a punting perspective that is an outrageous proposition.

So I'm going to say that we will lose against Collingwood and keep our powder dry for the finals. It won't be a transparent loss (or Simpson will cop it) but it will be something like a close 3 quarters and the fourth will be where we come undone with the players losing control due to tiredness and possibly overtraining or playing out of position.

Has anyone seen any videos from training this week? Is it suspicious that our two outs are from training injuries and we have no video of training on Snapchat or twitter which could mean anything but I suspect a brutal training sess or two.

We know Mick Malthouse used to overtrain the players to force a controlled loss and he coached us to two GF wins.

I hope I am wrong but with betting at over $3 (3.4-3.75) for Collingwood to win I'm putting an insurance bet on the Pies to pay for my 10 pints of beer I will need to cry myself to sleep after losing to Collingwood. If WC win my $30 punt to the bookmakers will be a word of warning to me overthinking a game we should win.

A well-formulated argument with some salient points.

My rebuttal:

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!~

A well-formulated argument with some salient points.

My rebuttal:

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!~
A perfectly reasonable response

It's a hunch and I'm happy to lose $30 for the WC win, but will be falling off a barstool in Fitzroy at the Rose on $10 pints if I'm correct.

Either way Collingwood is going to come off 2nd best tonight with the football club losing in the West or me walking home (from the pub) through Collingwood (the suburb) tearing s**t up while being drunk and belligerent after the WC loss.

THOSE CRUNTS HAVE IT COMING!

Last edited:
People love to hate Collingwood, but there are teams in the comp that dislike way more. I think Buckley is a decent footy person these day, and Eddie showed an awful lot of class going into the West Coast rooms after the Grand Final and congratulating folks. I also quite like the reinvention of Chris Mayne, I think it's a real credit to him tbh.

In saying all of that I hope we put them to the sword, an absolutely ruthless flat-tracking that puts the commentary box into an abyss of deepest, darkest sadness. I hope Michael Christian gives all 22 players 1 week, and Gillan extends the MCG contract until 2500 out of pure fear. I hope the umpires give us 50 free kicks for the most borderline s**t and I hope out boos give the entire Eastern seaboard tinnitus. I hope all their pre-match lunches are dusted with cinnamon flavoured Iron ore and then, after all of that, I hope we succeed from the federation straight after the match.

Eagles by 10

Bwahaha. The hidden flaw in your methodology...I have tipped Collingwood.

If the chaos ball crap works against us again then it's a very serious chink in our armour.
not sure, but the chaos ball/dirty ball has worked against in wet weather games.
I reckon our pressure and skills will prevent that in fine weather?

not sure, but the chaos ball/dirty ball has worked against in wet weather games.
I reckon our pressure and skills will prevent that in fine weather?

I concur. In fact I think I suggested, not long after the Port game, that the first side that tries it in the dry against us will get flogged by 10 goals .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back