Game Day Reigning Premiers v The Brides Maids - beware the wounded Magpie

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Yeo will get 11 tackles tonight. It will be a little cleaner than the wet contested games so he wont push past 15.

If Greenwood doesn't tag Yeo he might play way more offensively and only get the 5-8 tackles but way more i50s.

Shep will get back to back BOGs, making DeGoey his bitch and hurting him the other way as he stands in the goal square exciting Richo.

If Yeo gets a tag he should just tag Pendlebury. We then get a two on one advantage plus negate their midfield general. Whoever is tagging Yeo will need to move to another task as we have a mid running free.

If we can land one of Kelly or Cogs next season our midfield will be a knightmare for opposition coaches.

A couple of weeks ago (2 games ago) the odds were $7...I tried jumping on, but it took about 5 days via paypal, so I missed out, but secured a lump sum at $5.50 and followed up at $4.00 a few days later. It's now $3?? - for WCE to win the GF!
Yeah the premiership odds are disgusting bad. I saw $7 and thought it was still too lean. We could get that again if we have 2 losses. Collingwood and Richmond and or NORFFFFF!!!!!!!!!!!!

I concur. In fact I think I suggested, not long after the Port game, that the first side that tries it in the dry against us will get flogged by 10 goals .
Catchya in the Dry

Edit: catcher in the rye pun

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I concur. In fact I think I suggested, not long after the Port game, that the first side that tries it in the dry against us will get flogged by 10 goals .
Commentators were calling for that against us last week because we'd intercept anything in the air. The real way to beat our defence is to kick it to McGovern's direct opponent after he's zoned off to guard space.

Why, I do believe it's Game Day?
Friday Night Football! Wake up your britches!
With much to play for and incentives to win, you'd really expect to see Eagles put on a clinic
after the Freo 'exhibition' and in fine weather at Optus - killer beast mode please!
Mind you, there is a chance the floppy Pies could muster a team erection of sorts and give us a fright? :oops:
But history and injuries says unlikely!
Will there be a bolter in the first quarter? A slugfest all game? Will one team break clear after half time?
Let's lock and load our GF chances - C'mon Eagles!
(and get the Vic media frothing and boiling over, as they wheel out all the cliches!)
Hope you don’t mind the intrusion but I agree with most of what you have written. You have the best list in the comp and are playing well. We are more a 6-8 list who got on a bit of a roll for a while at the end of 2018. At the moment we are woefully out of form and tonight could get way out of control. We have hardly looked like scoring recently.

One thing I have noticed a bit after reading your board a bit since late last year is there seems a feeling the Vic media have it in for the Eagles. My feeling is the opposite. Reckon you are pretty universally admired and get good press. Have been seen as one of the main benchmark teams for a long time now

Hope you don’t mind the intrusion but I agree with most of what you have written. You have the best list in the comp and are playing well. We are more a 6-8 list who got on a bit of a roll for a while at the end of 2018. At the moment we are woefully out of form and tonight could get way out of control. We have hardly looked like scoring recently.

One thing I have noticed a bit after reading your board a bit since late last year is there seems a feeling the Vic media have it in for the Eagles. My feeling is the opposite. Reckon you are pretty universally admired and get good press. Have been seen as one of the main benchmark teams for a long time now

It’s pretty hard for us to get a gauge on the Vic media living over here, but I agree that I’ve been pleasantly surprised with the amount of good press we’ve got from Fox Footy and SEN of late

It’s pretty hard for us to get a gauge on the Vic media living over here, but I agree that I’ve been pleasantly surprised with the amount of good press we’ve got from Fox Footy and SEN of late
Strikes me that being used to getting a lot of press in Perth with only 2 teams you may have got to expect a lot of news. Here with 10 local teams and the the 8 others there is a bigger spread. Eagles get more press than most Vic sides in Vic currently because they are successful. I feel your list is one Victorians know well and appreciate as we see a lot of Eagles footy and have got to know your players better than most players playing in Victoria.

Even Brad Sheppard is getting some love/recognition from the Vic media! An earthquake must have hit the AFL media centre.

I think the improved positivity has come about because we actually have some players that the media loves to watch. Who doesn't like watching Ryan, Rioli and Cameron showing off the magic? We all love NicNat, but I swear some commentators get a little bit man-excited when he does stuff. And we have a backline that is eminently watchable.

It makes me ask. Of the other teams, when the game is neutral, who do I enjoy watching? Who has the players that make the viewing experience something to look forward to?
Brisbane - liking watching them.
Not Freo - not necessarily the players, more the way they are coached to play. And the ferality of the supporters.
Not GC - A few good young guys you want to see strut their stuff, but put that stupid logo on a jumper and you just want to start smacking them.
Not St Kilda - I'm struggling to think of someone I like watching. In fact, I'm struggling to name a StK player. Talk about a beige list playing beige football.
Port - I'm liking the SA guys they picked up l last year. Rozee is a gun, Butters looks good (even if I always think of South Park when they call his name). And others like SPP are fun to watch as well.

Strikes me that being used to getting a lot of press in Perth with only 2 teams you may have got to expect a lot of news. Here with 10 local teams and the the 8 others there is a bigger spread. Eagles get more press than most Vic sides in Vic currently because they are successful. I feel your list is one Victorians know well and appreciate as we see a lot of Eagles footy and have got to know your players better than most players playing in Victoria.
Always good to get the views of an opposition supporter which is why they are welcome here. Gives some balance to the bubble we post in otherwise

There a few journos/commentators that are met with derision here and deservedly so. Others like Jake Niall, Rohan Connolly and their like are normally good value though

Even Brad Sheppard is getting some love/recognition from the Vic media! An earthquake must have hit the AFL media centre.

I think the improved positivity has come about because we actually have some players that the media loves to watch. Who doesn't like watching Ryan, Rioli and Cameron showing off the magic? We all love NicNat, but I swear some commentators get a little bit man-excited when he does stuff. And we have a backline that is eminently watchable.

It makes me ask. Of the other teams, when the game is neutral, who do I enjoy watching? Who has the players that make the viewing experience something to look forward to?
Brisbane - liking watching them.
Not Freo - not necessarily the players, more the way they are coached to play. And the ferality of the supporters.
Not GC - A few good young guys you want to see strut their stuff, but put that stupid logo on a jumper and you just want to start smacking them.
Not St Kilda - I'm struggling to think of someone I like watching. In fact, I'm struggling to name a StK player. Talk about a beige list playing beige football.
Port - I'm liking the SA guys they picked up l last year. Rozee is a gun, Butters looks good (even if I always think of South Park when they call his name). And others like SPP are fun to watch as well.
St K are horrible to watch. Such bad footskills across the board

Why, I do believe it's Game Day?
Friday Night Football! Wake up your britches!
With much to play for and incentives to win, you'd really expect to see Eagles put on a clinic
after the Freo 'exhibition' and in fine weather at Optus - killer beast mode please!
Mind you, there is a chance the floppy Pies could muster a team erection of sorts and give us a fright? :oops:
But history and injuries says unlikely!
Will there be a bolter in the first quarter? A slugfest all game? Will one team break clear after half time?
Let's lock and load our GF chances - C'mon Eagles!
(and get the Vic media frothing and boiling over, as they wheel out all the cliches!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back