Game Day Reigning Premiers v The Brides Maids - beware the wounded Magpie

Priddis Is Done

Norm Smith Medallist
May 28, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
B2B is gone top 2 is gone 50 mins not scoring is absolutely pathetic

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app
And you only post here when we lose or are likely to lose.

You are nowhere to be seen when we win. It's like you detest us winning. Chuck Norris would be proud of your MIA.

Interesting

Gaffy Duck

All Australian
May 12, 2019
Fight Club
AFL Club
West Coast
8 point game. I believe brisbane and tigers will edge us now. Top 2 is gone

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Eagleboy68

Cancelled
Jun 11, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Ah well. Pies deserved it, they played very good tough footy tonight. Grundy absolutely monstered that last quarter, made Hickey look like a wet paper bag & broke even with NN, which their mids took advantage of.

Looks like WCE ran out of gas at the end, they could not generate any run. Oh well, hope the coming 8 day break helps us.

There's a reason the saints didn't want Hickey.

He's a useless crab and doesn't belong in our side.

CM9000

BigFooty Optimist
Aug 19, 2016
Perth, WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle
There's a reason the saints didn't want Hickey.

He's a useless crab and doesn't belong in our side.

Now this is a bit too far.

We had many, many opportunities to score when we didn't. Even if we lost by a point, the game didn't rest on one missed opportunity in the second - a lack of composure and running out of gas played a far larger part then a single mistake when we were dominating.

There were at least two clean scoring chains (when we had very few) in the last that were stuffed up by Sheed fumbling, but you and I both know it isn't his fault that we lost. This was on the team, not a single player.

Eagleboy68

Cancelled
Jun 11, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Now this is a bit too far.

We had many, many opportunities to score when we didn't. Even if we lost by a point, the game didn't rest on one missed opportunity in the second - a lack of composure and running out of gas played a far larger part then a single mistake when we were dominating.

There were at least two clean scoring chains (when we had very few) in the last that were stuffed up by Sheed fumbling, but you and I both know it isn't his fault that we lost. This was on the team, not a single player.

He's being hidden in a great team.

He's not that good mate.

PerthBoy86

Norm Smith Medallist
May 23, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Good to see other posters share the same anger as me. Should've f’ed them off during the third quarter. Useless fu**s. I was gonna give Masten votes too but his kick in the last means fu** all for him. Kennedy as well, wtf was that tonight? Rest him up next week, no need to travel to the NT. McGovern was well and truly below par tonight. So, so far below. Cole was about as useful as Duggan's a-hole. Our midfield decided bruise free was the best bet after getting 3 goals up. Sheed was the worst for this. Ruined his game with that pathetic effort too. I haven't melted so hard over a game of footy in so, so long. Maybe it's the alcohol. Maybe it's because I feel like we blew everything tonight. Maybe it's because we're full ******* strength and we're still s**t. I remember why I try to distance my emotions from games sometimes because s**t like this will ruin my ******* night now

I feel ya mate. Most dispiriting, deflating win of the season. I think because it was such a great opportunity to make a push for back to back, everyone was talking us up and we were expected to win. Everything was kind of going to script until scoring dried up and it seemed all we were doing was defending. We just dropped off so badly again, as we've been doing time and time again this year. But gotta remember it's still just a game, and HOPEFULLY we take something out of this going forward.

The game itself was supremely frustrating, as I watched us barely clinging on. We were heroic in defence as the Pies kept peppering the goals but it shouldn't have even got to that stage. Felt we were gonna run over them at 3 quarter time 18 up, but it was not to be.

Oh well, one week at a time, let's see how much we really want it. We're still a chance for 2nd so not all lost. Our percentage and points is similar to the Pies.

EdCurnowRules

All Australian
Sep 15, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Fell asleep at half time, woke up to the result. Makes it way more bearable. Did get Jack for first though... it’s not the end of the world guys - we might have lost but at least it wasn’t by 40+, and at least it’s over by Saturday morning so we all have the rest of the weekend to get over it.

Sep 23, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Subiaco
How do you not put a point on the board for like 50 minutes...seriously..

Good point. When you have a comfortable lead and then can't score in that time frame at home it's called utter capitulation. People are pointing out various umpiring howlers but the end result had nothing to do with the umpires. The key period was the closing stages of the 3rd quarter. Collingwood shut us down when we were on a roll and looked like blowing the game apart. Any post match review should start it's focus there.

Back