Certified Legendary Thread REIMAGINE MOORABBIN (Total Raised: $10,360.25)

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks again for that Saint Watto ...very picturesque with the beautiful clear blue sky in the background too !

Heaven on earth (pun intended).

Have the cops approached you yet?
The Police car rolls into the carpark...."excuse me sir....you seem to be lurking a bit down here"

"Officers....I'm just taking pics of the new HQ being built...I'm a Saints supporter"

"You poor F*****……… on your way then"

LOL.

A few pics from a cold,wet and windy RSEA this arvo.

-2/3 of the slab is now poured.

-A heap of steel has been delivered on site....some of it is now up.

-No work on site today...…..assume the builder has made it a long ….long weekend.

20180608_132746.jpg 20180608_132823.jpg

20180608_132917.jpg

Unbelievable really how different it is now. I haven't had a chance to check it out, last time I was down there would've been mid-late last year. When you think about it, with the facilities that we had, it's astonishing that we were able to have such a successful period between 2004-2010 competing with the likes of 'powerhouse' clubs (at the time) Collingwood, Geelong and Hawthorn. Can't wait to get down there at some point this year, it's a shame we've been so poor on field but off field we are ticking just about every single box.

- New top class facilities :heavycheck:
- Club record membership :heavycheck:
- Leading club along with Sydney in the Pride Match :heavycheck:
- New stadium deal :heavycheck:
- Good Friday (even if it was a disaster for us on the field) :heavycheck:
- VFLW side :heavycheck:

Probably missing more as well.

Spot on nanganator……...a lot of people bag the club but kudos for all the off field gains the club has made.

It's easy to forget that all of the above that you have listed has been achieved within the last 4 years.....we can add in record sponsorship too.

Matt Finnis came in early 2014 season and IMO.....we had to start from scratch on and off field.

It was a monumental task when you think about it.

Unbelievable really how different it is now. I haven't had a chance to check it out, last time I was down there would've been mid-late last year. When you think about it, with the facilities that we had, it's astonishing that we were able to have such a successful period between 2004-2010 competing with the likes of 'powerhouse' clubs (at the time) Collingwood, Geelong and Hawthorn. Can't wait to get down there at some point this year, it's a shame we've been so poor on field but off field we are ticking just about every single box.

Probably missing more as well.
I went down to Moorabbin for a tour with my local club in 2004 and Fraser Gehrig was on the bench press. The weights were held in position with duct tape instead of bar collars...we were in such a bad state. Great to see how far we've come.

The weights were held in position with duct tape instead of bar collars...we were in such a bad state. Great to see how far we've come.
It was mind boggling how bad things were back then.

I remember RTB saying in the draw doco he was always careful and warned people about the "red door"

When you opened the door....there was a 15 foot drop to the ground.....the famous door was still clearly visible right up until the balance of the Huggins stand recently came down.

Someone also said in that Doco that not long after admin moved to Seaford....the entire 2nd floor ceiling above admin caved in.

BJ also said the players toilets were tiny and putrid.

We can debate the move to Seaford until the cows come home but the players facilities were 2nd rate for an AFL club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Be careful Saint Watto if you rock up there next week with a hard hat on they'll probably let you in the place given they see you all the time!

Thanks for pictures again mate, loving it!!

Be careful Saint Watto if you rock up there next week with a hard hat on they'll probably let you in the place given they see you all the time!

Thanks for pictures again mate, loving it!!
Lol there George...….shouldn't be a problem.....I'll just put my hard hat on....high vis vest on and I'm laughing.

A few would say...."you must be the site manager.....your here all the time"

Or with the high vis vest on.......they'd be suspicious that I was a politician.

Hahahaha.

Lol there George...….shouldn't be a problem.....I'll just put my hard hat on....high vis vest on and I'm laughing.

A few would say...."you must be the site manager.....your here all the time"

Or with the high vis vest on.......they'd be suspicious that I was a politician.

Hahahaha.
Hahahahaha

Here's a couple of pics from RSEA Mon arvo.

From the exterior,probably doesn't look that much different from the last set of pics but things are powering along.

-On the ground floor...internal brick walls are done....internal metal wall petitions are done and that is also being done on the 1st floor.

-The 2 internal staircases have had the concrete poured.

-The external brick walls facing the oval were being laid when I was there.

-Internal ducts and wiring on the ground floor are done.

I was showing a friend the complex and how fortunate were we.....most of the senior players came our for a run.

Was great to see Longy out there....taking shots from the boundary and nailing them.

Longy,Dunny,Lonie and I think Newnes were all having shots from the boundary doing long curling banana kicks....to our absolute amazement...most were going thru....you had to see it to believe it !!!!!!!!

20180716_133518.jpg

20180716_134023.jpg

20180716_152249.jpg

20180716_152718.jpg

Here's a couple of pics from RSEA Mon arvo.

From the exterior,probably doesn't look that much different from the last set of pics but things are powering along.

-On the ground floor...internal brick walls are done....internal metal wall petitions are done and that is also being done on the 1st floor.

-The 2 internal staircases have had the concrete poured.

-The external brick walls facing the oval were being laid when I was there.

-Internal ducts and wiring on the ground floor are done.

I was showing a friend the complex and how fortunate were we.....most of the senior players came our for a run.

Was great to see Longy out there....taking shots from the boundary and nailing them.

Longy,Dunny,Lonie and I think Newnes were all having shots from the boundary doing long curling banana kicks....to our absolute amazement...most were going thru....you had to see it to believe it !!!!!!!!

View attachment 529114

View attachment 529115

View attachment 529116

View attachment 529117
Geez it's going up quick!

Just got the email from the Kingston City Council saying that Stage 2 plans have been lodged. Exciting! Here it is:

St Kilda FC lodges new plans for Moorabbin Reserve redevelopment

Plans for Stage 2 of the Moorabbin Reserve redevelopment have been lodged with Council for consideration.
St Kilda Football Club is seeking planning permission to proceed with Stage 2 of their new headquarters and community football hub.

The proposed Stage 2 includes:
  • New AFLW change rooms, a treatment room, and expansion of existing administration facilities to accommodate women’s football league at Moorabbin Reserve, which will begin in January 2020
  • An eastern building extension for a second indoor sport court
  • A western building extension along Linton Street for a new aquatic facility, including a 25-metre lap pool and a hydrotherapy pool. The facilities will support player training and recovery but when not used by the club will be made available to the community and school groups
  • The oval will be retained in its current configuration with the addition of a new 1000-seat grandstand on its western side, adjacent to Linton Street. At its southern extreme an enclosed space would provide additional storage
  • The existing car parking facilities will increased by 36 spaces plus an additional 48 spaces located between the proposed grandstand and Linton Street while 12 existing spaces next to the dog park would be removed to accommodate the additional indoor sports court.

The community is now invited to have their say on the proposal. Signs have been erected at the park, and residents in the surrounding area were notified by letter.

Council will consider all submissions before assessing the permit application.

View the plans at: kingston.vic.gov.au/Property-and-Development/Planning/Advertised-Planning-Applications

Having a brief look at the plans and one thing that is obvious is that this thing is going to be massive!

Great location with industry standard facilities (maybe not the best in the comp but certainly above average). Great outcome and it is pretty obvious that our facilities won't be an Achilles heal anymore when trying recruit/retain players!

Very happy with the board and the exec team at least in this regard.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back