Certified Legendary Thread REIMAGINE MOORABBIN (Total Raised: $10,360.25)

Remove this Banner Ad

As in to get ON the jumper?
Not quite sure what you mean. Donations over $500 get their names put on the jumper.

Have you received the e-mail we sent today? That is just to order your guernsey when it's available and there's also an option to enter a name of your choosing to go onto the guernsey or if you want the name you initially registered the donation with.

Orders on the guernseys need to placed by Friday November 3rd...I am unsure of the cutoff date for the jumper, that's a good question! I'd assume anytime before then! I'll try get the info for you in the meantime.
Thanks George.....

George ... is this jumper thing for new donations or are previous donations going to be recognised ?
this year the Western Saints donated $6000.00 to the Reimagine Moorabbin project in three seperate donations in the name of the Western Saints, The WA past players and Nicky Winmar .. can we expect all three names to be included on the jumper ?

George ... is this jumper thing for new donations or are previous donations going to be recognised ?
this year the Western Saints donated $6000.00 to the Reimagine Moorabbin project in three seperate donations in the name of the Western Saints, The WA past players and Nicky Winmar .. can we expect all three names to be included on the jumper ?
Yes mate if they are separate donations under different names they will all be included.

Yes mate if they are separate donations under different names they will all be included.
awesome ... i might need to check though as i think tecnically the donations were made by the Western Saints but two were "in the name of" im not sure if that means you guys have it as three donations by us or in the three differant names ...

4aab562383daabaef563978d4f14f5d9.jpg

I drove past today and took a pic.
Starting to look pretty impressive

On SM-G930F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Thanks for posting George...

I just knew that clip was close as I was about to post an update after being down there last Friday...no need now...lol..

It was an absolute hive of activity there last Friday arvo.

Also,all the foundation areas for the 5 light towers has been done and the steel reinforcing cones are ready to be lowered when the towers are to go up.

It's all getting very exciting.

My daughter does martial arts near by so I have been going down to walk the dog and check it out. Can't wait to see what they have done every week.

Big thanks to gringo2011 who has chipped in to the redevelopment as well!

Will update the thread shortly.

If anyone has made any further donations since we spoke please let me know and I will update the tally.

CHEERS!

Dropped in again to Moorabbin this arvo.......a hive of activity as usual....

Nearly all the glass panels in the North wing are in place.

The external brick work is basically complete.

You can see that massive amounts of work are going on with the aircon/heating ducts/internal walls.

I'll have to check the construction schedule again.......3 large Semi's were delivering more worker construction huts on a now fenced off large area adjacent to where the South wing will be built.

Some of the huts had large glass windows in them....never seen that before.....can only assume that is for maybe admin people with ADCO constructions.

It's very exciting seeing what changes have happened each time I drop in.

Dropped in again to Moorabbin this arvo.......a hive of activity as usual....

Nearly all the glass panels in the North wing are in place.

The external brick work is basically complete.

You can see that massive amounts of work are going on with the aircon/heating ducts/internal walls.

I'll have to check the construction schedule again.......3 large Semi's were delivering more worker construction huts on a now fenced off large area adjacent to where the South wing will be built.

Some of the huts had large glass windows in them....never seen that before.....can only assume that is for maybe admin people with ADCO constructions.

It's very exciting seeing what changes have happened each time I drop in.
Few videos today from Moorabbin too...looking good!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There we go George.....I put a post up and bang.....there's a video up.

I did see the vid on the AFL site with Richo showing the new draft picks around the complex....and yes...it's all looking really good.

Dropped into Moorabbin yesterday arvo.......here's the latest:

The black hoardings that were along Linton St and the carpark are now gone........a metal construction fence is now up and you can see into the whole site.

Drainage pipes are now in and most of the main driveway/parking area small concrete barriers have been poured.

Right on cue....when I pulled into the carpark a huge semi with all the new light towers pulled up......further excavation was going on with 2 light tower sites to the right of the current construction.....concrete was being poured for what I assumed was the base of the towers.

I imagine(pun intended) that construction may be ahead of schedule with the great weather that we've had.

The black hoardings that were along Linton St and the carpark are now gone........a metal construction fence is now up and you can see into the whole site.

Drainage pipes are now in and most of the main driveway/parking area small concrete barriers have been poured.

Right on cue....when I pulled into the carpark a huge semi with all the new light towers pulled up......further excavation was going on with 2 light tower sites to the right of the current construction.....concrete was being poured for what I assumed was the base of the towers.

I imagine(pun intended) that construction may be ahead of schedule with the great weather that we've had.
Great post mate!

You're right, we are slightly ahead of schedule, I wouldn't be surprised if we moved in middle of Feb. Good weather still to come should hopefully keep this moving along nicely!

Great post mate!

You're right, we are slightly ahead of schedule, I wouldn't be surprised if we moved in middle of Feb. Good weather still to come should hopefully keep this moving along nicely!
Thanks George.......I also wondered if we may move in earlier than expected.....

A lady in the pokies smoking area started chatting and she said she can't wait.......for the new Pokies area to be finished !!!!........she was impressive ...she knew the layout of the new pokies area......it had an outdoor smoking place etc etc....she's raring to go.......a Tiges supporter to boot too.

As I was driving out....JB.....the original.........got out of his car.......said out my window..."good on ya JB".....he looked at me and probably thought "who's that turkey"

Yeah, my daughter does martial arts near there so I have been going down to walk the dog once a week. It's getting used as a training ground for some juniors, Might be the Dragons I guess. Anyway, they are progressing it pretty well with every week it getting a bit closer. Do you know if they are keeping the concrete grand stand/ main building as part of it or is that going once the main bit is built?

Yeah, my daughter does martial arts near there so I have been going down to walk the dog once a week. It's getting used as a training ground for some juniors, Might be the Dragons I guess. Anyway, they are progressing it pretty well with every week it getting a bit closer. Do you know if they are keeping the concrete grand stand/ main building as part of it or is that going once the main bit is built?
It's going mate they are just getting the offices and training facilities ready as priority so we can move in there quicker.

Do you know if they are keeping the concrete grand stand/ main building as part of it or is that going once the main bit is built?
Gringo..............as George stated.....it is coming down.

Once the footy Dept is in the new building and the Pokies are also relocated inside.....the balance half of the Huggins stand is being demolished and the South wing then constructed.

It's all systems go!!!!

Can't wait to walk up to the new bar and order my first drink!!!!!!

It'll wash the Parma down !!!!

It's going mate they are just getting the offices and training facilities ready as priority so we can move in there quicker.

Thanksguys, that's what I thought fro the virtual walk through thing they had. I didn't remember it bing there....that said I don't mind the retro skeleton sitting over the roof line.

Very nice indeed!
It certainly is beginning to look very impressive George !

It's all very exciting.

I was down there today and noticed that four new light towers have been installed in the field to the left of the North wing......at the South Rd end.

An extra training area I imagine...that place is going to get pretty busy with all the tenants.

Few videos today from Moorabbin too...looking good!

Hey George is the old bit of the stand that’s still there going to stay or will that go eventually as well ? It sort of looks out of place now .

Can’t wait for 2018 season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back