Certified Legendary Thread REIMAGINE MOORABBIN (Total Raised: $10,360.25)

Remove this Banner Ad

For anyone who's within 10 Km's or so from RSEA.......Sunday March 17 is the last of the "Social Sundays"

I dropped by yesterday about 5.30 pm for a look and despite the searing 36 C temp....there was a good sized crowd there.

Plenty of people were outside in the bar area and also groups with picnic rugs on the grass having a good time.....plenty of kids with footy's on the oval too.

A food truck was operating(Vietnamese food and it was great) and the inside function area and bar was also operating.....a craft brewery stand was also operating in the outside viewing/seating area.

A small muso group were providing the "easy music"

I was impressed by the set up and it's worth a visit if you've got an hour or so spare.

The entire cost of this phase of construction is being funded by organizations OTHER than the club.
$13 mill.
Yes, THIRTEEN MILLION DOLLARS.
If you can see past the immediate win/loss, this is setting up the club for the next fifty years.
This is why the Summers-Finnis administration is the second best in our history.
Hopefully, the Summers-Bassat-Finnis administration will prove to be our best.
Thats fantastic news!

As sunny3193 has said on several occasions...….the club has leveraged $7.6 million(our financial commitment towards stage one of RSEA) into a $45-$50 million facility.

Absolutely outstanding planning/work done there.

The new ‘Linton Street’ episode is out. It shows a bit more of the club house.
Does anyone else feel weird about this feature wall?
703EAF23-D371-4923-92BB-F84D69F68E3D.png
Brown has been at the club for a minute and I wouldn’t be surprised if he gets delisted in the offseason. I find it weird that they put current players on the wall as a feature in the first place, with the current state of player movement. Surely we could find a club legend to have instead..

View attachment 633819
Brown has been at the club for a minute and I wouldn’t be surprised if he gets delisted in the offseason. I find it weird that they put current players on the wall as a feature in the first place, with the current state of player movement. Surely we could find a club legend to have instead..

not at all. he's a leader at the club and a role model to the younger players

View attachment 633819
Hey, so are you a San Francisco Giants fan? If so, I'm a Rays fan. Bad luck today - had me nervous toward the end. I don't mind the Giants - I loved Pillar at the Jays (his outfielding is amazing), and of course, I'll always have a soft spot for Evan.

A great morning at Moorabbin with my two little ones (one of which is now taller than Lonedog- which she is very happy about!) for the holiday clinic.

It was great to be back at Linton St for the first time since the new facility has been opened. It's very heartwarming to be back home... while it may not have paid off yet recruitment wise, I'm positive that the move home will be massive for us.

The day was organised really well, a younger kids clinic followed by a signing session the the older kids' clinic. The club had team pics available for free to the kids' autographs too.

Most of the players were fantastic to the kids, especially Gears, Armo, Matty Parker and Jono Marsh.

There is no doubt about Parker's popularity... he spent more time working his way along the fence than any player, in fact I haven't seen a crowd reaction like it to at a clinic since Roo.

I had a good chat with Armo... he's just a ripping fella. He looks like he's trimmed down quite a bit and said he's feeling better physically than he ever has. He made a point of saying how much he's enjoying watching the boys play... even if it means he can't get a game.

The only negative was sadly Gresh (my little guys favourite)... he was grumpy when doing the signing and could barely bring himself to smile. He then sat on the ground and didn't talk to any of the kids during the clinic. He may just be having a bad day but the kids commented how unhappy he looked to be there.

The only guys missing (or at least not doing the signing) were the injured guys. JC was there but wandered out of the gym and then back inside.

IMG_2919.JPG

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now.....this wasn't at the front of the RSEA entrance last Friday morning.....it's not a statue like what I think was being placed somewhere outside OPTUS Stadium in Perth....but here it is.....and it looked great.

I nearly fell over when I walked around to the other side of the plague which was detailing Moorabbin with RSEA directions just above the blurb.

His picture can be seen if yr walking out of the main entrance.

The great man himself at Moorabbin.

20190416_161202.jpg

20190416_161208.jpg 20190416_161231.jpg

My son re-enacted the Winmar pose beside the new 'installation' when we were walking out yesterday.

I reckon that become a bit of a must do after a visit to Linton St!

Great stuff ……..it looks awesome doesn't it.

A great morning at Moorabbin with my two little ones (one of which is now taller than Lonedog- which she is very happy about!) for the holiday clinic.

It was great to be back at Linton St for the first time since the new facility has been opened. It's very heartwarming to be back home... while it may not have paid off yet recruitment wise, I'm positive that the move home will be massive for us.

The day was organised really well, a younger kids clinic followed by a signing session the the older kids' clinic. The club had team pics available for free to the kids' autographs too.

Most of the players were fantastic to the kids, especially Gears, Armo, Matty Parker and Jono Marsh.

There is no doubt about Parker's popularity... he spent more time working his way along the fence than any player, in fact I haven't seen a crowd reaction like it to at a clinic since Roo.

I had a good chat with Armo... he's just a ripping fella. He looks like he's trimmed down quite a bit and said he's feeling better physically than he ever has. He made a point of saying how much he's enjoying watching the boys play... even if it means he can't get a game.

The only negative was sadly Gresh (my little guys favourite)... he was grumpy when doing the signing and could barely bring himself to smile. He then sat on the ground and didn't talk to any of the kids during the clinic. He may just be having a bad day but the kids commented how unhappy he looked to be there.

The only guys missing (or at least not doing the signing) were the injured guys. JC was there but wandered out of the gym and then back inside.

View attachment 655810
Gresh has always looked like a Scott brother. Sounds like he now acts like one.

Gresh has always looked like a Scott brother. Sounds like he now acts like one.

I'm not going to bag the kid as he might have just seen his cat get run over or something.

To be honest there's a few players over the years that make it pretty obvious that they hate doing clinics or interacting with the kids. JB did the same as Gresh a few season back during a clinic at Seaford... it's a pity because those guys are absolute favourites of the most important supporters in the club.

If you lose the kids (and lets face it, it's been bloody difficult to keep them on board in recent years) then the club is in all sorts.

Any idea when they are going to start work on the swimming pool, extra basketball court and the new grandstand?

There's work going on now at the South Rd end of the facility... I think that's the basketball court & pool. I assume the grandstand will go along the Linton St side of the ground (in the footprint of the old grandstand).

There's work going on now at the South Rd end of the facility... I think that's the basketball court & pool. I assume the grandstand will go along the Linton St side of the ground (in the footprint of the old grandstand).

Winmar….the current construction that you can see is the AFLW change rooms and admin area.

I just had another look at the plans and if the timing hasn't changed here's what stage 2A would be:

The AFLW section.........next would be the "Wellness Centre" on the current large grassed area along Linton St to the right of the main entrance….....….that would include a lap pool on the ground floor and admin on the ground and 1st floors.

or next would be,

the additional parking area on Linton St at the South end behind the 1000 seat grandstand.

Stage 2B would be an additional basketball court next to the current one at the East end of the complex.

It's incredible but stage 2 is about half the size again of what's there right now.

Timing wise....when I had a very quick chat to Matt Finnis at the Intra in late Feb......he said that it would all be completed this time next year........late Feb 2020.

He was extremely chuffed when telling me this....you could tell he was as proud as punch.

I'm not going to bag the kid as he might have just seen his cat get run over or something.

To be honest there's a few players over the years that make it pretty obvious that they hate doing clinics or interacting with the kids. JB did the same as Gresh a few season back during a clinic at Seaford... it's a pity because those guys are absolute favourites of the most important supporters in the club.

If you lose the kids (and lets face it, it's been bloody difficult to keep them on board in recent years) then the club is in all sorts.
Kid I think is the key word here. If dealing with kids doesn't come naturally to a player, especially a young fella still at uni age and not that far out of school, then it's going to be hard to put on a happy face when flooded with eager young fans. It's unfortunate but understandable. Bit of time and maturity will hopefully work wonders (or the young fella's just a sourpuss and there's no cure for that).

Kid I think is the key word here. If dealing with kids doesn't come naturally to a player, especially a young fella still at uni age and not that far out of school, then it's going to be hard to put on a happy face when flooded with eager young fans. It's unfortunate but understandable. Bit of time and maturity will hopefully work wonders (or the young fella's just a sourpuss and there's no cure for that).
Just get Gresh on the fruit toast - that'll cheer up the young fella

28062ys.jpg

Milne and G Train did the same to my kids 15 years ago.
Asked for a autograph, they looked at my girls like they were dipped in s**t, scribbled their names, didn't even look at the girls and didn't say a word to them.

Actually frightened one of my girls the way they acted towards them. She dropped football like a bad habit and has never come back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back