Certified Legendary Thread REIMAGINE MOORABBIN (Total Raised: $10,360.25)

So just back on the leagues club.
Do they have somewhere you can go and mingle a bit after the game and have a beer with the players??? Or
Do they all just go home???

So the mrs and i rolled in for a look at the new joint this morn

Get out the car and i can see this old red merc 4 door from the late 70s pull in the carpark....driven by stuvy
Lol
Mrs got her Maddie beanie and scarf so she was happy.

Looks a half decent place
We checked out all the old duffles and badges which i remember from the old place

Trainings sat morn and i cant be assed going down again as its around 9.30ish i think they said

Mrs: "imagine living there" pointing across the road "you'd be loving life huh"

No s**t sherlock
😎

Get out the car and i can see this old red merc 4 door from the late 70s pull in the carpark....driven by stuvy

PC....your our ITK for today....seeing Stuv rolling up at RSEA in that very distinctive red merc.

Here's some pics taken last Friday of the nearly completed AFLW wing.

I'm not sure about the Saints Crest on the side of the building.....a bit of colour would look awesome.

I suspect it is the crest that was above the entrance to the Gerry Ryan High Performance Centre before the AFLW wing construction started.

I noticed driving down Linton St from the Nepean Hwy end,that a heap of Solar panels have been mounted on the roof of RSEA Park.....was always wondering if that would be done.

We do need to save some bucks in some area's.
20190625_145946.jpg

20190625_150001.jpg

20190628_132303.jpg

20190628_133518.jpg

Here's some pics taken last Friday of the nearly completed AFLW wing.

I'm not sure about the Saints Crest on the side of the building.....a bit of colour would look awesome.

I suspect it is the crest that was above the entrance to the Gerry Ryan High Performance Centre before the AFLW wing construction started.

I noticed driving down Linton St from the Nepean Hwy end,that a heap of Solar panels have been mounted on the roof of RSEA Park.....was always wondering if that would be done.

We do need to save some bucks in some area's.
View attachment 701690

View attachment 701691

View attachment 701693

View attachment 701694

that looks pretty damn awesome! agree on the crest. strange choice.

brick work looks awesome

Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
I have bumped this because some people underestimate the value of our move back to Moorabbin and discount the efforts of those involved.

Specifically the Sack Finnis Faction.

I, on the other hand, argue that the relocation, the facilities, the alignment with key feeder leagues, the development of key partnerships, the branding opportunity, and the implementation of barriers that protect our core demographic has finally provided us with a business model that has set this club up for the next fifty years.

But it’s hard to convince people of this if they’ve not had the life experience to understand all these advantages, or if their long term vision doesn’t extend beyond next Saturday.

The former may change their mind, the latter less likely

So here is a practical example of what Moorabbin means, why it is important and why those who enabled the relocation need to be lauded.

I received an unsolicited email from one bayside business that is a Saints Bay2Business Premium Partner.

I will be buying their product.

The value that the Club has gained leveraging its supporter base, and the value gained by the Business from that supporter base is obvious.

Multiply this example by factor x and hopefully you understand how powerful and important Moorabbin is to our long term success.

Unless you belong to the Sack Finnis Faction......

I have bumped this because some people underestimate the value of our move back to Moorabbin and discount the efforts of those involved.

I, on the other hand, argue that the relocation, the facilities, the alignment with key feeder leagues, the development of key partnerships, the branding opportunity, and the implementation of barriers that protect our core demographic has finally provided us with a business model that has set this club up for the next fifty years.

But it’s hard to convince people of this if they’ve not had the life experience to understand all these advantages, or if their long term vision doesn’t extend beyond next Saturday.

So here is a practical example of what Moorabbin means, why it is important and why those who enabled the relocation need to be lauded.

I received an unsolicited email from one bayside business that is a Saints Bay2Business Premium Partner.

The value that the Club has gained leveraging its supporter base, and the value gained by the Business from that supporter base is obvious.

Multiply this example by factor x and hopefully you understand how powerful and important Moorabbin is to our long term success.

Great post there sunny3193......absolutely nailed it IMO.

I was speaking a few weeks ago to the guy who runs the Bay2Business unit at RSEA.

Great guy.

He told me there 50 members of the group last year.....this year it's 75.

It's growing very nicely.

Has done great things for our football club & will set us up for the next 50 years like you said.

Without him we'd be stuck in Frankston.

But no point trying to change people's minds, if they can't see how solid a foundation we've built then that's on them!

Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
Has done great things for our football club & will set us up for the next 50 years like you said.

Without him we'd be stuck in Frankston.

But no point trying to change people's minds, if they can't see how solid a foundation we've built then that's on them!
Apart from all the extra $’s,
It’s all about developing a revenue stream that:
. is leveraging our support base,
. focuses on leveraging the club’s brand to that support base,
. expands the club’s brand value beyond that value simply derived from football (the brand is more than just a football club),
. reinforces that enhanced value to the support base,
In marketing and economic terms, this is a virtuous loop.
Or in English: it is the same principle that Coca Cola has used since whenever that allows Coke to be as well recognised as it is.

Remember we have something of value: a path to the Bayside demographic. That’s an 800k catchment.

Moorabbin is an integral part of this strategy.

(The most interesting thing about this company’s paperwork is that the St Kilda Bay2Business logo is prominent).

Apart from all the extra $’s,
It’s all about developing a revenue stream that:
. is leveraging our support base,
. focuses on leveraging the club’s brand to that support base,
. expands the club’s brand value beyond that value simply derived from football (the brand is more than just a football club),
. reinforces that enhanced value to the support base,
In marketing and economic terms, this is a virtuous loop.
Or in English: it is the same principle that Coca Cola has used since whenever that allows Coke to be as well recognised as it is.

Remember we have something of value: a path to the Bayside demographic. That’s an 800k catchment.

Moorabbin is an integral part of this strategy.

(The most interesting thing about this company’s paperwork is that the St Kilda Bay2Business logo is prominent).

The frustrating thing was the idiot that send us to Seaford in the first place. Finnis has done some good and some not so good but the facility looks great and is definitely a huge upgrade on what we had. It's a change of mindset that being in a pro environment that should pay dividends one day. Most of us are just getting impatient

It appears that the grandstand/aquatic center is about to start being constructed.

My travels took me past RSEA this arvo and all the temp fencing around that area is now up.

Matt Finnis said back in mid May(when the plans went to Council for approval) that the goal was to get it completed for the start of the AFLW season.

It's going to be tight then.......and keep the fingers crossed for good weather.

May 9, 2011
VIC
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
San Francisco Giants

Nutsngum

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 14, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Hampton Rovers FC
Laters Stuv. Hopefully admin has learnt not to use pics of current players as wall designs. It's not like the club lacks outright historical legends who wore the RWB.
Is the wall mural painted onto the actual wall? At least the Bruce one looks like a big canvas? I cant remember from when I was in there last.

May 9, 2011
VIC
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
San Francisco Giants
I find it weird that they put current players on the wall as a feature in the first place, with the current state of player movement. Surely we could find a club legend to have instead..
I was ahead of the curve btw :moustache:

Is the wall mural painted onto the actual wall? At least the Bruce one looks like a big canvas? I cant remember from when I was in there last.
Maybe it’s a vinyl? It’s looks too detailed to be painted.
Bruce is on a TV screen. It constantly plays a (very well done) slideshow.

Last edited:

Nutsngum

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 14, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Hampton Rovers FC

Youde be surprised the detail you can make from just simple dots but I reckon you're right that its likely vinyl or similar.

Yeah it's material that the club can just add/remove as they wish. No way they would've actually painted Stuv or any player onto the wall for obvious reasons.

Laters Stuv. Hopefully admin has learnt not to use pics of current players as wall designs. It's not like the club lacks outright historical legends who wore the RWB.

Just on this subject.....I was in my go-to news agency a few weeks back...….and they had the new AFL year calendars for 2020.

I grabbed the St.Kilda one to see who was on it given the names that were floated to be possibly leaving pre the 2 draft weeks.

And sure enough....there was a pic of Juicy on the back cover.....might see if it's still there tomorrow and grab it as a collectors item...lol.

I know publications have timing deadlines but it always amuses me that some of the Calendar publications go early and one or two players end up at other clubs.

Back