Certified Legendary Thread REIMAGINE MOORABBIN (Total Raised: $10,360.25)

Yeah, I might have to go for a couple of he interstate games to watch on the big screens.
wonder if they will still bring out the spinning wheel for raffles like they did sometimes when they televised interstate games at the old Disco room.:D
Boy did i get pissed when i watched the 2008 NAB Cup GF there:drunk::drunk:

I was down at the oval today and went for a walk and a look, seeing as someone was calling the oval sub standard and bagging the club.

The oval has been scarified and i assume fertilized, the correct time of the year to do it, the sprinklers were on as well.

The oval should look very different in about 4 weeks.

I was down at the oval today and went for a walk and a look, seeing as someone was calling the oval sub standard and bagging the club.

The oval has been scarified and i assume fertilized, the correct time of the year to do it, the sprinklers were on as well.

The oval should look very different in about 4 weeks.

Yeah but besides that the place is a shambles...well and the new buildings and s**t....and the landscaping...and like the facilities and s**t, besides all that it' a disgrace. Finnis probably sacked the greenskeeper and got Hanna Mouncey on the payroll and brought in gay grass that's too busy getting jiggy with other blades of grass to grow.

Yeah but besides that the place is a shambles...well and the new buildings and s**t....and the landscaping...and like the facilities and s**t, besides all that it' a disgrace. Finnis probably sacked the greenskeeper and got Hanna Mouncey on the payroll and brought in gay grass that's too busy getting jiggy with other blades of grass to grow.

Yeh they were using a guy on a pushbike with a rope to turn the sprinklers.

Actually the only thing i reckon is crook is the lack of St Kilda branding.

XB Coupe

Draftee
Oct 18, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
At least one thing from the old place was saved.

173935.png

From above the entry to the Social Club

174345.png

Now safely stored until it can be displayed properly.

144927.jpg

We're nearly there!

Some pics from RSEA yesterday......as it turned out...just missed the battery of cameras from yesterdays Hanner's presser.....was wondering why so many media types were walking around.

The foyer set up is jaw dropping.....the Merch shop was being set up and the finishing touches being done for the Heritage museum cabinets....it all looks absolutely awesome.

I was told the new Café opens for Business next Monday.

The front entrance.
20181115_120404.jpg

The display cabinets.

20181115_121420.jpg

20181115_122054.jpg

20181115_124504.jpg

There is a large moving LED screen...…..showing the club colours...….the major sponsors and a welcome to RSEA Park....the Café is in the background.

20181115_121550.jpg

The merch shop is in the background....the Gresh pic is a part of several players pics that flash up on the screen

20181115_124343.jpg

20181115_125414.jpg

20181115_131141.jpg

It's all very exciting.....it is an absolute "state of the art" facility.

Thanks again for the pictures Saint Watto ...I was there last Sunday, it is impressive isn't it. I should start taking some pictures myself, can't leave it all up to you! You are doing a ripper job though - especially for those that live interstate.

Thanks Saint Watto , awesome stuff.

Just for clarification; is this new build what we're referring to as Stage 2? And is the "final stage" yet another stage? How many stages in total?

Happy to look it up myself if there is a link that clearly explains the entire project :)

Nutsngum

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 14, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Hampton Rovers FC
Thanks Saint Watto , awesome stuff.

Just for clarification; is this new build what we're referring to as Stage 2? And is the "final stage" yet another stage? How many stages in total?

Happy to look it up myself if there is a link that clearly explains the entire project :)
Stage 3 is the waterslide installation.

Thanks again for the pictures Saint Watto ...I was there last Sunday, it is impressive isn't it. I should start taking some pictures myself, can't leave it all up to you! You are doing a ripper job though - especially for those that live interstate.
George....it certainly is very impressive...…..It's been awesome seeing the construction over the last year and a bit.......then posting pics...….the pics let people in the greater Melb Metro area see how it's going,along with people out of Melb….. interstate and overseas fans/members.

I bumped into a mate of mine this arvo who told me all the tenants for the new wing move in next Monday.

I should get a "press pass" off Matt Finnis….lol.

Doc...….if I've got this right.....before the AWFL extension/funding was announced 3-4 months ago ....this new part would have been stage 2.

But with the AFWL works....that will now be called stage 2.

George....it certainly is very impressive...…..It's been awesome seeing the construction over the last year and a bit.......then posting pics...….the pics let people in the greater Melb Metro area see how it's going,along with people out of Melb….. interstate and overseas fans/members.

I bumped into a mate of mine this arvo who told me all the tenants for the new wing move in next Monday.

I should get a "press pass" off Matt Finnis….lol.
Yes you should haha it would be a great idea! It's nice to go back through the thread and see the build go up from demolition of the old stand to what we see now.

Murraj1966

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 13, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Had a bit of a wander through today after stopping in, saw the museum being put together and it really is next level. Also got a chance to hold the cup which I can't stop smiling about.

It feels so uniquely St Kilda and really welcoming, the little touches everywhere are great

Attachments

• IMG_20181117_143912.jpg
    IMG_20181117_143912.jpg
    286.3 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_20181117_143729.jpg
    IMG_20181117_143729.jpg
    299.6 KB · Views: 85
Back