Certified Legendary Thread REIMAGINE MOORABBIN (Total Raised: $10,360.25)

the deep dark red in the jumper looks amazing
I love it too. Very similar to another club I support in Liverpool.

salah_2_3.jpg

They've done a ripper job with it this year the Saints, can't wait until it's available for purchase.

:)
I’m not taking it the wrong way.
You made me laugh.

But.
That dog is a total chick magnet.

Guys, if you want to meet women, get yourself a standard male poodle alpha dog.
Highly recommended by me.

Yeah if you are single get a dog. My dog has got me chatting to a heap of people I never would have if it wasn't for the park. I even met Rachel Griffiths the actor through my dog harassing her French bulldog. I didn't realise who she was and talked to her for weeks until someone told me. She seemed familiar.... I thought I must have seen her working in a shop or something.

Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
Yeah if you are single get a dog. My dog has got me chatting to a heap of people I never would have if it wasn't for the park. I even met Rachel Griffiths the actor through my dog harassing her French bulldog. I didn't realise who she was and talked to her for weeks until someone told me. She seemed familiar.... I thought I must have seen her working in a shop or something.
:):):)

Feb 21, 2004
AFL Club
St Kilda
So can anyone clarify..in regard to this new Moorabbin Social

If you are a Social Club member of the Saints, are you automatically a Moorabbin Social member? Or is it a separate entity you have to join in addition?

I just noticed when I was there that you either have to show a membership card or swipe your ID to gain entrance...the name makes it a bit confusin

George?

So can anyone clarify..in regard to this new Moorabbin Social

If you are a Social Club member of the Saints, are you automatically a Moorabbin Social member? Or is it a separate entity you have to join in addition?

I just noticed when I was there that you either have to show a membership card or swipe your ID to gain entrance...the name makes it a bit confusin

George?
saint66au....I'll steal George's thunder here.

They're 2 separate entities…….I found that one out when I presented my Social Club/membership card when it first opened...…….was told you have to join to be a Moorabbin Social member.....I would have thought they'd join the whole thing as one(Social club and Moorabbin Social)

Anyway.....if you want to join Moorabbin Social.....there are application forms at the bar there or just call the club and get one sent out.

The turn around is about 2 weeks from memory.

You don't have to be a Moorabbin Social member to go into that area but being a member gets you food and beverage discounts there and you build up points when you swipe yr card at the machine near the bar....they have instant prizes from the machine or you get a ticket which goes into the barrel for frequent give aways.

You can also build up points for a voucher that can be used at the Merch shop or the other café.

Feb 21, 2004
AFL Club
St Kilda
saint66au....I'll steal George's thunder here.

They're 2 separate entities…….I found that one out when I presented my Social Club/membership card when it first opened...…….was told you have to join to be a Moorabbin Social member.....I would have thought they'd join the whole thing as one(Social club and Moorabbin Social)

Anyway.....if you want to join Moorabbin Social.....there are application forms at the bar there or just call the club and get one sent out.

The turn around is about 2 weeks from memory.

You don't have to be a Moorabbin Social member to go into that area but being a member gets you food and beverage discounts there and you build up points when you swipe yr card at the machine near the bar....they have instant prizes from the machine or you get a ticket which goes into the barrel for frequent give aways.

You can also build up points for a voucher that can be used at the Merch shop or the other café.

Great...thanks for clearing that up!!

So until your membership comes thru you just sign in as a guest or dont even need to do that??

So until your membership comes thru you just sign in as a guest or dont even need to do that??
I think that technically.....you'd have to sign in as a guest to play the pokies.....but no need to if you just want to get a drink or something to eat.....George would know the exact ruling on that one.

Sir Skid

Just one Kegs lady boys!
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Ex-Moderator St Kilda - Nathan Freeman Player Sponsor 2016
Nov 30, 2012
Behind you
AFL Club
St Kilda
I had to park up a bit on Linton St.
Could not believe it.
It was a bit surreal tbh compared to the visuals I still have of urine rivers out of the toiled blocks and kids standing in slabs to try and see. There was no thunderous roar from the grandstand either.

austinnn

Veteran GOP
Nov 7, 2012
France
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Bristol City FC, Urawa Red Diamonds FC
That looks awesome!
That's weird I think the photo changed. My comment was for a photo of a Barker speccie etched into the concrete wall. I certainly wouldn't make such a comment on a full car park! (Nice to see it full I guess, but hardly awesome)

I didn't think I'd be posting construction pics at RSEA so soon.....but here we are.

Some pics of the new Womens admin/changing rooms(I think) being constructed.

Seems surreal that after the new building was completed after many years of drama leaving then trying to get back to Moorabbin....parts are being "demolished " already...lol.
20190223_140528.jpg
20190223_140555.jpg
20190223_140637.jpg

20190214_130326.jpg

The last pic was taken the week before to give an idea of the location.

With the first 3 pics.....the black surface area that you can see was the enterance to the Gerry Ryan fitness centre….which had a huge grille with the Saints crest on it.....the crest was the same colour which made it hard to make out....it was a bit strange having the same colour if you ask me.

Anyway.....having another look at the plans/sketch of the final product for stage 2.....I'd forgotten just how big all this will be when RSEA is fully completed.....it will be enormous.

The footprint/building mass still to be built for RSEA will be about another half the size of what's there now.....amazing !!!!!!

-Another basketball court to be built next to the current one....

-2 floors of building as in the above pics.

-Another big structre added onto stage 1B that was completed last Nov......it will be the same size as Stage 1B......fronting Linton St.

-2 K capacity grandstand in Linton St with carpark behind it on the Linton St boundary.

The whole complex will be absolutely amazing when finally completed.

Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
I didn't think I'd be posting construction pics at RSEA so soon.....but here we are.

Some pics of the new Womens admin/changing rooms(I think) being constructed.

Seems surreal that after the new building was completed after many years of drama leaving then trying to get back to Moorabbin....parts are being "demolished " already...lol.View attachment 624941View attachment 624943View attachment 624951

View attachment 624958

The last pic was taken the week before to give an idea of the location.

With the first 3 pics.....the black surface area that you can see was the enterance to the Gerry Ryan fitness centre….which had a huge grille with the Saints crest on it.....the crest was the same colour which made it hard to make out....it was a bit strange having the same colour if you ask me.

Anyway.....having another look at the plans/sketch of the final product for stage 2.....I'd forgotten just how big all this will be when RSEA is fully completed.....it will be enormous.

The footprint/building mass still to be built for RSEA will be about another half the size of what's there now.....amazing !!!!!!

-Another basketball court to be built next to the current one....

-2 floors of building as in the above pics.

-Another big structre added onto stage 1B that was completed last Nov......it will be the same size as Stage 1B......fronting Linton St.

-2 K capacity grandstand in Linton St with carpark behind it on the Linton St boundary.

The whole complex will be absolutely amazing when finally completed.
The entire cost of this phase of construction is being funded by organizations OTHER than the club.
$13 mill.
Yes, THIRTEEN MILLION DOLLARS.
If you can see past the immediate win/loss, this is setting up the club for the next fifty years.
This is why the Summers-Finnis administration is the second best in our history.
Hopefully, the Summers-Bassat-Finnis administration will prove to be our best.

Back