Certified Legendary Thread REIMAGINE MOORABBIN (Total Raised: $10,360.25)

My son re-enacted the Winmar pose beside the new 'installation' when we were walking out yesterday.

I reckon that become a bit of a must do after a visit to Linton St!
Might not be such a good look for some of us

Sep 14, 2008
L2 A30
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Milne and G Train did the same to my kids 15 years ago.
Asked for a autograph, they looked at my girls like they were dipped in s**t, scribbled their names, didn't even look at the girls and didn't say a word to them.

Actually frightened one of my girls the way they acted towards them. She dropped football like a bad habit and has never come back.

I had a similar experience when I was a young fella... Dad took me to training one night in the early 80's in the hope of getting Trevor Barker's autograph. Not only did I get the great man's signature (which I've sadly lost) I got to speak with him and he seemed to take a genuine interest in me (as he did with all the kids in those days).

Another player by the name of Mark Scott, a skinny, ugly headed thing that we got from Hawthorn (no doubt in a lob sided trade) told me to F$%k off when I asked him for his autograph.

Thankfully Mark Scott's career was a very brief and unsuccessful one.

Another player by the name of Mark Scott, a skinny, ugly headed thing that we got from Hawthorn (no doubt in a lob sided trade) told me to F$%k off when I asked him for his autograph.

WOW....what a shocker to say that to one of the fans seeking an autograph.

A real shocker!!!!!

From memory....we got Scott and Tony King from the Hawks in exchange for Russell Greene.

We won that trade in a canter !

Hold on...…...

A timely article on our website..

It's a great article sunny...…..love the main pic too.

And on that subject.....after many years of trying to find an answer.....I finally found out when the G.G .Huggins stand was built.

I could not find that info anywhere over the years.

The answer was in a newspaper clipping in one of the display cases at the Heritage "museum".

At the end of the 1965 season,the club wanted to built a Social Club stand.....and work was underway pretty well after the end of the 1965 season......the club wanted the base structure completed before the start of the 1966 season.

The clipping showed pics of the stand before rendering and painting was completed.

When I went to Princes Park for the first time as a young lad....their social club stand(the George Harris stand) was built along the same style as ours.

Yes....we got belted that day.

Football players are exactly that; players. They're not teachers, nannies, early learning co-ordinators etc. Face to face interactions with people who know a lot about you, despite you knowing nothing about them, would be rather uncomfortable, especially for those that are more introverted (and even more so for younger players with less exposure to it, then factor in bad days, general low mood, etc). Everyone has some part of their job that they don't particularly enjoy, and don't do it with a smile; it's unfortunate when fan interaction fits this criteria for the players because it's a lot more noticeable when someone doesn't enjoy being forced to talk to strangers over someone not enjoying doing some bookwork (for example).

If a player is being actively inhospitable, like that Mark Scott story, then they absolutely should be criticised. But we can't expect them all to act like a long lost best friend, or as if they're excited to meet the five-thousandth stranger in their career.

Milne and G Train did the same to my kids 15 years ago.
Asked for a autograph, they looked at my girls like they were dipped in s**t, scribbled their names, didn't even look at the girls and didn't say a word to them.

Actually frightened one of my girls the way they acted towards them. She dropped football like a bad habit and has never come back.

Reiwoldt did the same thing aswell.

Dec 4, 2000
The Bay
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
NO Saints LUFC
Reiwoldt did the same thing aswell.
Funny isn't it. Riewoldt about four years ago while still playing was suited up to do commentary at a Dogs game at Etihad.

My 11. Y.o blonde nephew was playing kick to kick with his dad when Nick came over in suit and tie and kicked the ball with my nephew for about 5 minutes.

I suppose they are just human.

Gresh has always looked like a Scott brother. Sounds like he now acts like one.

He's quite shy and reserved when ever I've met him. Some players absolutely love the fans, he's not one that does. He looks like it's painful for him.

Sep 14, 2008
L2 A30
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Funny isn't it. Riewoldt about four years ago while still playing was suited up to do commentary at a Dogs game at Etihad.

My 11. Y.o blonde nephew was playing kick to kick with his dad when Nick came over in suit and tie and kicked the ball with my nephew for about 5 minutes.

I suppose they are just human.

Roo did tell Rors to get f$%@ed so he's got form :cool:

Here's another metal plaque that I saw this morning...….on the top terrace in front of the oval.

20190418_100602.jpg

Dropped into training this morning...….noticed the yellow "Application for a permit" sign at the entry to the carpark.

It's calling for any objections/comments by May 23rd on the following;

Construction of a grandstand,pool complex,scoreboard and associated car parking.

One suspects that construction of all of this will begin in the next few months.

The AFLW wing should be completed in the next 6-8 weeks.

Just visited rsea park and while it’s nice and new and fresh and probably a great training facility I’ve got to say I’m a bit underwhelmed.

Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
Just visited rsea park and while it’s nice and new and fresh and probably a great training facility I’ve got to say I’m a bit underwhelmed.
Why’s that S?
Did you ever get to the old Moorabbin?
You know there’s still $13mill to be spent on the remaining west side of the ground?

What were you expecting?

Think I was expecting something more like the Broncos or Cowboys clubs, even the Roar had a pretty good club.
Somewhere you can have a meal, have a beer, have a session, sit on the balcony and watch the team train.
Even the little museum part was fairly ordinary.
Maybe they don’t do that here, I don’t know.
It looks to be quite functional as a training base, not so much for supporters and general public.

Think I was expecting something more like the Broncos or Cowboys clubs, even the Roar had a pretty good club.
Somewhere you can have a meal, have a beer, have a session, sit on the balcony and watch the team train.
It looks to be quite functional as a training base, not so much for supporters and general public.

sadly don't think we had the cash to make it more fan friendly. i know what you are looking for, but i just think it was beyond us.

what is interesting is that ameet is really looking to do what he did at the saints, but more to host actual games. which makes a lot of sense. if we are smart we use clubs moving away from etihad as a way of getting a better deal if we stay.

Yeah, we don't really do the big leagues clubs in Vic. Those northern Leagues clubs are more for supporters to enjoy than the team IMO. It's a Victorian thing to have a ground to train/ play at and make the slobs just show up and piss off again.

Yeah, we don't really do the big leagues clubs in Vic. Those northern Leagues clubs are more for supporters to enjoy than the team IMO. It's a Victorian thing to have a ground to train/ play at and make the slobs just show up and ******** again.

Plus it cost me a $60 Uber fair each way to have a look.
Anyhow, glad I did.

Plus it cost me a $60 Uber fair each way to have a look.
Anyhow, glad I did.
Moorabbin Station is a short walk to the ground.
Yeah, we don't really do the big leagues clubs in Vic. Those northern Leagues clubs are more for supporters to enjoy than the team IMO. It's a Victorian thing to have a ground to train/ play at and make the slobs just show up and ******** again.
I think AFL clubs went down the buy pubs and gaming venues rather than setting up thier own big one.

Back