Certified Legendary Thread REIMAGINE MOORABBIN (Total Raised: $10,360.25)

Remove this Banner Ad

8,613!

INCREDIBLE effort guys & girls!!!

Thanks to those who have donated;

CursingFijian
goodie23
Barrels
Mat Mann
soups1982
Determinant
NarrowMind
#gosaintas
SaintLex
dct66
Brains Trust66

Keep 'em coming! Remember only $10 but if you want to chip in more for the official club prizes then go for it! All to a good cause close to all our hearts!

Great effort guys but I haven't donated? Sure it's not someone else , I can't afford it . But anyway fantastic effort let's hope you crack the $10,000 amazing effort.

Sent via HAL

Great effort guys but I haven't donated? Sure it's not someone else , I can't afford it . But anyway fantastic effort let's hope you crack the $10,000 amazing effort.

Sent via HAL
A little birdy sent a helping hand mate :)

Awwww bloody hell, that was nice who ever did it , it's made my year, thank you matee
Omg, I feel like crying now . Thank you who ever it was and thank you to all the wonderful support I have received, you blokes and girls are amazing . Last week I was so critical of people jumping off the bandwagon and yet the support I have received has got me chocked up. Go Saints. You guys are the best.

Sent via HAL

Last edited:
WOW.....how good is that......what can you say about "little birdie".........that was an awesome gesture and very touching.

WELL DONE "little birdie"........BRAVO....

Awwww bloody hell, that was nice who ever did it , it's made my year, thank you matee
Omg, I feel like crying now . Thank you who ever it was and thank you to all the wonderful support I have received, you blokes and girls are amazing . Last week I was so critical of people jumping off the bandwagon and yet the support I have received has got me chocked up. Go Saints. You guys are the best.

Sent via HAL
WOW.....how good is that......what can you say about "little birdie".........that was an awesome gesture and very touching.

WELL DONE "little birdie"........BRAVO....
It was very generous indeed! I will say it was someone else from the list of people who've donated, they didn't want to be named...just an angel sent from above, haha. I feel happy for you mate!!

tight financially right now, but i should be able to donate after june
If you were to do it before EOFY you will get it back in your return as it's fully tax deductible. Just a tip!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

PM me details and I'll jump on board tonight, totally missed this thread but will always help out the club that's been a huge part of my life

Credit: Josh Gabelich

tonylockettvsos.jpg

“When I retire and my children and grandchildren ask about the opposition footballers who left an impression on me, it will be a thrill to say to them that I played on one of the best full-forwards of all time. Mind you, whenever Tony Lockett kicked goals against me, he also left me looking forward to the day that he retires and gives me a break! But it is an honour to say I played on him.”

Those are the words of Stephen Silvagni, arguably the greatest full-back who ever lived and the full-back of the team of the century, who played 312-games for Carlton where he earned five All-Australian guernseys.

Safe to say there was a day nearly 30 years ago when St Kilda legend Tony Lockett made Silvagni look like anything but the best key defender of all-time. On April

On April 8, 1989, Lockett had Moorabbin rocking. It was the second round of the season and the Saints were bristling after coming off an opening round win, while the navy Blues were coming off a poor performance first-up.

In the most famous duel between the two icons of the 1990’s, ‘Plugger’ kicked two goals in the opening quarter to set the tone for a big day ahead.

From there he bagged a few more before half-time and then ‘Sos’ got on top of the battle in the third term, holding the St Kilda superstar goalless.

At three-quarter time, the scores were level at a packed Linton Street. Lockett booted two goals early in the last quarter to give the Saints some momentum but it quickly sailed back in Carlton’s direction with a Blues goal in the 31st minute giving the visitors a two-point advantage.

From there, Lockett etched himself into Moorabbin folklore once again. With Nicky Winmar moving with the ball further afield, he led towards him with Silvagni trailing him like a caravan. Silvagni couldn’t do anything more to stop ‘Plugger’ plucking the ball in the dying seconds.

As the clock ticked down, Lockett converted his 10th from 45 metres out. Moments later, the siren sounded sending Moorabbin into pandemonium.

‘Plugger’ finished with 10.7 in one of his most famous battles in his decorated career. It was a day Saints fan will never forget.

Anyone wishing to learn more about Reimagine Moorabbin can visit saints.com.au/moorabbin

All donors will receive a commemorative pin, a personalised letter and a tax deductible receipt.

Donors who contribute over $500 will have their name featured on a commemorative guernsey which will be worn by players in the opening round for the 2018 season.

Donors who contribute over $1500 will, in addition to having their name on the commemorative guernsey, have their name displayed on a recognition wall to be constructed at the new Moorabbin building.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back