[RELEASED] 2014 Footy Fanatic Rosters

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey guys,

Played Footy Fanatic a while ago and have now redownloaded it. Might be a real obvious and probably a silly question, but how do I actually get these 2014 lists to work on the game? I tried to unzip/extract but it didn't work... If no one can help, that's fine; I'll just use the older lists :D

am also having trouble with player contracts... runtime error 3021 "no current record" tried redownloading but the problem remains persistent just changes round it occurs in

Only issue I find is that after a few years trading becomes impossible due to the salary cap. So I just edit the contracts to ensure the 4 or 5 best players on each side are on a very low wage for a lengthy period, to ensure there is room to move elsewhere.

Only issue I find is that after a few years trading becomes impossible due to the salary cap. So I just edit the contracts to ensure the 4 or 5 best players on each side are on a very low wage for a lengthy period, to ensure there is room to move elsewhere.

Yeah I think that's more a reflection of the 'potential' than salaries. I couldn't grasp how the development worked and I think I've set nearly every player's potential too high which means they're developing too much too quickly and being 'worth more' - as a whole the players are getting too much better to fit into the cap.

About to do a big update. Would love to hear any rating change suggestions :)
I noticed Luke Hodge's Leadership is set at 65. The perspective from people who watch the game more critically than me might be that he isn't a special leader, but I always saw him as one of the driving forces behind the Hawthorn team (Sam Mitchell may be the heart, but Luke Hodge is The General). He's also a Premiership winning captain. I might be missing something, though.

Also, what kind of system/method do you use when 'rating' each player? Out of curiosity. :)

Yeah leadership is a strange one as it influences overall ratings heavily despite having no real in game effect so most players have leadership between 50-70 as that's about the effect it has, don't want it influence OVR too much. However I think Hodge probably shouldbe a little higher. To say I put much thought into leadership ratings would be a little bit of a lie.

The system is a mixture of statistics and discretion. I use a players stats over the last 2 seasons to get rough ratings in each category (i.e. crumbs = (85.71/TOG)*possessions - marks) and then discretion for things that are far harder to statistically calculate. But if I see a calculated rating that just looks wrong I change it or if I need to change a rating to avoid a bug (i.e. nerfing KPDs crumbs totals) then I'll do that too.

Thanks!

What do you think about Stefan Martin? The guy has been on the major improve in my eyes, but no idea if this is a temporary (what isn't?) bit of form or something more definite.

It's certainly representative of his actual ability when played in the ruck and as such his ruck/midfield related attributes will receive a boost. What won't are his forward attributes which he's proven time and time again that he's terrible there. Brisbane for some reason forgot what he did at Melbourne when Jamar was out lol.

I have to agree with you there, lol. This actually reminded me of Ryan Schoenmakers; now I may be tempting the wrath of Hawthorn fans - but I honestly think he's a pretty uninspiring defender. I was really hopeful at the start of the season when I saw how beefed up he was, but with Brian Lake being injured and him being forced to cover, he's kind of showed that he's still pretty 'meh' back there. Not awful, just... 'meh'. He's shown some spark in the half-forward line, though.

Jordan Lewis has always been great, but I noticed he's playing his best year this year. His stats do him a lot of justice, but it's honestly looking really, really good watching him play, too. He used to be clanger-king in my eyes, but this year has been very smooth sailing.

Can I just make a list of players and write my thoughts on them team-by-team?

At the least, it gives a second opinion. :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any help is always appreciated, but don't feel obligated!

No worries, here's a start to my list:

Nic Naitanui, West Coast

I think he is overrated. He's a good player, but at the moment he's rated higher overall than players like Fyfe, Franklin, Goldstein, Johnson, and McPharlin.

His Hit-Out is 95, higher than Shane Mumford's 93.

He is averaging 18.7 Hit-Outs so far in this season (Round 15). Shane Mumford is averaging 42.0.

I can sort of suss out that Dean Cox and Nic Nat share the ruck work, but even in games where Nic Nat has been forced to take the reigns (due to Cox being injured) he hasn't really dominated, at least not anywhere near close enough to say he is better than Mummy.

No worries, here's a start to my list:

Nic Naitanui, West Coast

I think he is overrated. He's a good player, but at the moment he's rated higher overall than players like Fyfe, Franklin, Goldstein, Johnson, and McPharlin.

His Hit-Out is 95, higher than Shane Mumford's 93.

He is averaging 18.7 Hit-Outs so far in this season (Round 15). Shane Mumford is averaging 42.0.

I can sort of suss out that Dean Cox and Nic Nat share the ruck work, but even in games where Nic Nat has been forced to take the reigns (due to Cox being injured) he hasn't really dominated, at least not anywhere near close enough to say he is better than Mummy.

First off I'd just say that overall means jack squat. Some shitty forwards have higher overalls than good ones purely because they can play back so have some bonus defensive attributes which boost their overall. Means nothing - Naitanui scores highly in pace and agility stats which other rucks don't and those inflate his overall, for example.

Yeah I get what you're saying. I've looked into it and it seems that rucks who play as part of a dual combo are statistically considerably worse than lone rucks. GWS also play a very contested ball heavy brand of football so I'd guess that there are a statistically relevant amount extra ballups for Mumford to win those taps compared to Naitanui on the free flowing, open plains of subiaco. Hitout is meant to purely represent a players proficiency in hitouts. That measures both quality and quantity. Mumford probably would win just as great a % of his ruck contests as NicNat. I reckon they'd both hover around 60% (which is what I want to use to assess hitouts, not mere quantity as so many other things effect that) and NicNat is slightly better in hitting them to noticeable advantage.

That said other elements like Strength come into taps and Mumford should be higher there.

As an aside I genuinely believe NicNat's injured/out of form and has been for most of two years. In FFFX he'll be out of form at times too, but I want each player to be rated as if they're fit and in average form. I.E. I've rated NicNat based on 2012.

Hope that's okay. Thought I'd justify it :p

I would also suggest giving Angus Litherland (Hawks) a major boost. The guy kept Eddie Betts out of last game (he has a bit of pace, I noticed), which is a good indicator he's a quality defender IMO especially considering the good form Eddie Betts has been in.

Any way of playing the game on a mac? I know it's been asked, but is there a program I can use to get it to work?

Download Link - for 2014 end of season rosters. OP is updated.

Download Link - for FFFX while the website is down. It contains the 2014 rosters.

Read the readme if you plan to use the rosters as you've got to apply them and pick your 16 teams yourself and the readme explains how.

I'll be doing another update around December/January with updated heights/weights and the delistings/retirements happened. Draftees will also be added.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back