RELEASED - Premiership Coach - 2016 Lists

#FreoIsHyper

Debutant
Mar 27, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
AFL Premiership Coach - 2016 AFL Playing Lists

After months and months of hard work I have finally been able to take a big sigh of relief and release the 2016 AFL Premiership Coach lists for you all to enjoy.

This has been a huge task to undertake and I don't think many people would know how many hours I have spent in front of the laptop and how much of my life in the recent 6 months I've had to give up to give you these lists today.
I am happy to be able to release them before the home & away season for you all to enjoy.

Just a few things I would like to mention about the lists and what you can expect in them.

- Obviously you will get all the new players through the AFL draft, all the trades and free agency moves

- Every stats for players from 2011 to current have been updated. No more will you see guys like Brent Harvey and Dustin Fletcher (retired) finish their careers on the amount of games like 180+. Instead all their games/goals have been updated so they will retire on the real amount of games and goals kicked

- Club finances and total player management has been updated. 10 million in the salary cap rather then 1 million

- Club membership numbers have been changed. Collingwood & Hawthorn up near the 70,000 members while teams like Gold Coast have around 13,000

- All players have 100% consistency (to make the competition more realistic)

- AFL club grounds have been updated - Adelaide Oval, Patersons Stadium have been added in whilst ground capacity like Simmonds Stadium has been updated

- All AFL clubs staff have been changed to 2016 coaching staff. New coaches have been added in

- All clubs Captains and Vice-captains have been updated

- All AFL clubs win/loss records have been updated.

- All AFL clubs finals win/loss record has been updated

- New names have been added into the auto-generated name system for the National and pre-season drafts

- North Melbourne/St.Kilda and Western Bulldogs have been updated (hopefully they will perform better throughout the season, ladder positions will vary depending on each game played)

- All coaches records updated. eg, Mick Malthouse record coaching games/ Alastair Clarksons 4 time premiership coach

- More injury prone players (in the real AFL) are more likely to sustain injury in Premiership coach.

- More players with bad records in the tribunal (in real AFL) are more likely to sustain longer penalties if suspended

I would also like to give a big thanks to Busse for the player images which just make the game look a hell of a lot better with their player profiles.
And also a big thanks to MrCricket1009 who really kicked me into gear at points throughout the creation of these lists.

I would also like to point out and thank jon0011 who graciously sent me some money for the hard work that I had done on these lists without seeing any end product, just showed me that people really do appreciate the hard work that I have put in during the last 6 months.

I really do hope you all enjoy these lists and I would love some feedback and to hear your stories (on the gaming section) along your journey's as AFL coaches :)

http://www.filedropper.com/user2016

I am using mac right, when I download it on my chrome it comes up on vlc as its format. What do I do?

Haven't got around to playing this in a while been busy with work and such.

Saints are sitting 1-8 after 9 rounds...going to be a long year!

Deddy

Sheezel Lover
Mar 4, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls, Australian Boomers
Loving these thanks heaps haydo169

Made a prelim with North and in the middle of trade week and have picked on the Saints something shocking, making out like a bandit from trade week. Hopefully will take us to a premiership.

INS: David Armitage, Jack Steven, Zach Tuohy
OUTS: Sam Wright, Aaron Mullett, Mason Wood, Pick 33, Pick 135

Deddy

Sheezel Lover
Mar 4, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls, Australian Boomers
Loving these thanks heaps haydo169

Made a prelim with North and in the middle of trade week and have picked on the Saints something shocking, making out like a bandit from trade week. Hopefully will take us to a premiership.

INS: David Armitage, Jack Steven, Zach Tuohy
OUTS: Sam Wright, Aaron Mullett, Mason Wood, Pick 33, Pick 135
UPDATE - A 9 point grand final loss (with Cunnington and Steven out) and another trade period of abusing teams having salary cap issues has landed me probably the best team I have ever assembled. If this doesn't bring me some flags then nothing will. Also no doubt this will land me in future cap trouble but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. Player Ratings in brackets.

B: Luke Brown (82) - Robbie Tarrant (85) - Lachie Hansen (82)
HB: Zach Tuohy (83) - Michael Hurley (89) - Michael Hibberd (82)
C: Jack Ziebell (85) - Ben Cunnington (87) - Jack Steven (87)
HF: Shaun Higgins (85) - Jack Riewoldt (88) - Daniel Wells (81)
F: Ben McKay (80) - Ben Brown (84) - Lindsay Thomas (81)
FOL: Todd Goldstein (93) - Robbie Gray (93) - David Armitage (89)
INT: Andrew Swallow (83) - Nick Dal Santo (80) - Ben Jacobs (84) - Jed Anderson (80)
EMRG: Tom Bellchambers (82) - Shaun Atley (81) - Taylor Garner (79)

Last edited:

Tigz_09

Club Legend
Sep 14, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Just finished my first season with the new lists.
Tigers all the way to the grandy and came out AFL premiers.
only suffered 2 losses in the season. 1st Against the eagles, then I underestimated the dogs and they snatched the other win.
Match played all games.
Reiwoldt was outclassed by sam Lloyd who kicked 98 goals to Jack's 52 - Made him FF after 3 rounds in the pocket when he kicked 3-5 goals a game.
Jack played mostly CHF rotating FF but was never a match winner all season. :(
Edwards was a chump - couldn't find a position for him where was beating opponents. Menadue and Markov had good years. C.Ellis won the rising start award. avg a rating of 8 all season and almost pipped Jack for goals scored too. Played sensational in the FP

Going into the trade period. A few of the stars are on the chopping block trade bait

kangaspurs

Cancelled
Jul 14, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Tottenham, Melbourne City FC
Ive never played this before, the last one I played was Kevin Sheedy's coach when I was a kid but I thought I'd have a look at this. I've only just started but lookign forward to playing more, haha I do wonder though, any reason why Braydon Preuss has the highest salary at North of about 1.3 mil? I'm guessing it's just an oversight but any tips on how to mitigate that issue?

Haha I obviously have absolutely no idea what I'm doing. Half time of the first NAB Challenge match and I'm down by 70 points to Hawthorn and Puopolo has had 32 disposals and kicked 5 goals.

Last edited:
Ive never played this before, the last one I played was Kevin Sheedy's coach when I was a kid but I thought I'd have a look at this. I've only just started but lookign forward to playing more, haha I do wonder though, any reason why Braydon Preuss has the highest salary at North of about 1.3 mil? I'm guessing it's just an oversight but any tips on how to mitigate that issue?

Haha I obviously have absolutely no idea what I'm doing. Half time of the first NAB Challenge match and I'm down by 70 points to Hawthorn and Puopolo has had 32 disposals and kicked 5 goals.
The contract salary was obviously a missed mistake by me. I didn't really pay too much attention to the players salary as it's hard to guess what certain players are on

kangaspurs

Cancelled
Jul 14, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Tottenham, Melbourne City FC
The contract salary was obviously a missed mistake by me. I didn't really pay too much attention to the players salary as it's hard to guess what certain players are on
Oh ok fair enough then. Having never played this before though it seems like you have done an outstanding job.

#FreoIsHyper

Debutant
Mar 27, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
I know how much work you put in haydo169. I'm just a bit annoyed that there are no afl games to download on mac. It makes me quite sad. :( Don't take this too seriously!

Hey guys, tried to run these lists and got the below error log. Have been able to run 2011 and 2014 lists. Any ideas? When i was trying to extract it to C drive, it came up with an error "data error: user_2016\Players\custompl-ayer-auto-genl-000000000216122.xml", and when i run the game i get the below error?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Current Version: 2.02.00
Game Date: 2/01/2011
Error at:17/04/2016 11:39:01 AM
PC Message: Error in: App_DispatcherUnhandledException

Outer Exception Details:
Message: An exception occurred during the operation, making the result invalid. Check InnerException for exception details.
StackTrace: at System.ComponentModel.AsyncCompletedEventArgs.RaiseExceptionIfNecessary()
at System.ComponentModel.RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs.get_Result()
at Ad.WPF.Controls.ProgressMeter.worker_RunWorkerCompleted(Object sender, RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e) in C:\SCS\Development\Premiership Coach\Trunk\Premiership Coach UI\Ad.WPF.Controls\ProgressBar\ProgressMeter.xaml.vb:line 269
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter, Delegate catchHandler)

Exception Details:
StackTrace: at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()
at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace)
at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader)
at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(String filename)
at (Object , String )
at FM.GameLogic.PlayerProvider.LoadPlayerXML(String pID, BackgroundWorker& worker)
at FM.GameLogic.PlayerProvider.PopulateAFLPlayerCache(BackgroundWorker& worker)
at FM.GameLogic.Provider.PrePopulateClubsAndPlayers(BackgroundWorker& worker)
at FM.GameLogic.Provider.PrePopulateData(BackgroundWorker& worker)
at FM.GameLogic.Provider.CreateNewGameXML(GameStartOptions& options, Config config, BackgroundWorker& worker)
at PremiershipCoach2008.NewGame.GetNewGameController(BackgroundWorker& worker) in C:\SCS\Development\Premiership Coach\Trunk\Premiership Coach UI\UIcomponents\Splashscreen\NewGame.xaml.vb:line 265
at PremiershipCoach2008.NewGame.ProcessNewAsync(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e) in C:\SCS\Development\Premiership Coach\Trunk\Premiership Coach UI\UIcomponents\Splashscreen\NewGame.xaml.vb:line 188
at Ad.WPF.Controls.ProgressMeter.worker_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e) in C:\SCS\Development\Premiership Coach\Trunk\Premiership Coach UI\Ad.WPF.Controls\ProgressBar\ProgressMeter.xaml.vb:line 207
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)

Hey guys, tried to run these lists and got the below error log. Have been able to run 2011 and 2014 lists. Any ideas? When i was trying to extract it to C drive, it came up with an error "data error: user_2016\Players\custompl-ayer-auto-genl-000000000216122.xml", and when i run the game i get the below error?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Current Version: 2.02.00
Error at:17/04/2016 11:39:01 AM

Outer Exception Details:
Message: An exception occurred during the operation, making the result invalid. Check InnerException for exception details.
StackTrace: at System.ComponentModel.AsyncCompletedEventArgs.RaiseExceptionIfNecessary()
at Ad.WPF.Controls.ProgressMeter.worker_RunWorkerCompleted(Object sender, RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e) in C:\SCS\Development\Premiership Coach\Trunk\Premiership Coach UI\Ad.WPF.Controls\ProgressBar\ProgressMeter.xaml.vb:line 269
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter, Delegate catchHandler)

Exception Details:
StackTrace: at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()
at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace)
at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader)
at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(String filename)
at (Object , String )
at FM.GameLogic.PlayerProvider.LoadPlayerXML(String pID, BackgroundWorker& worker)
at FM.GameLogic.PlayerProvider.PopulateAFLPlayerCache(BackgroundWorker& worker)
at FM.GameLogic.Provider.PrePopulateClubsAndPlayers(BackgroundWorker& worker)
at FM.GameLogic.Provider.PrePopulateData(BackgroundWorker& worker)
at FM.GameLogic.Provider.CreateNewGameXML(GameStartOptions& options, Config config, BackgroundWorker& worker)
at PremiershipCoach2008.NewGame.GetNewGameController(BackgroundWorker& worker) in C:\SCS\Development\Premiership Coach\Trunk\Premiership Coach UI\UIcomponents\Splashscreen\NewGame.xaml.vb:line 265
at PremiershipCoach2008.NewGame.ProcessNewAsync(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e) in C:\SCS\Development\Premiership Coach\Trunk\Premiership Coach UI\UIcomponents\Splashscreen\NewGame.xaml.vb:line 188
at Ad.WPF.Controls.ProgressMeter.worker_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e) in C:\SCS\Development\Premiership Coach\Trunk\Premiership Coach UI\Ad.WPF.Controls\ProgressBar\ProgressMeter.xaml.vb:line 207
I can have a look for you when I get home from work. It seems to be a problem with one of the players in the game. I'll pm you when I find the problem

Current Version: 2.00.08
Error at:18/04/2016 2:00:05 PM

Outer Exception Details:

Exception Details:
Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
StackTrace: at FM.GameLogic.Provider.CreateNewGameXML(GameStartOptions& options, Config config, BackgroundWorker& worker)

Current Version: 2.00.08
Error at:18/04/2016 2:00:58 PM

Outer Exception Details:

Exception Details:
Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
StackTrace: at FM.GameLogic.Provider.CreateNewGameXML(GameStartOptions& options, Config config, BackgroundWorker& worker)
haydo169, cheers for the lists, above error log popped up though

RapidCartoon

Draftee
Aug 27, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Everyone seems to be pretty good at this game, any solid tips to get a good season going? Been struggling to not get the wooden spoon lol,
btw great to see such a community behind this game coming from someone who probably wouldn't of found it if the community died off, good stuff lads!

saintkildaman

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 1, 2010
AFL Club
St Kilda
I have won 8 straight flags in my best ever PC dynasty. All on the back of drafting, been reluctant to trade in anyone personnel that id consider more then depth/role players.

Will post screenshots once the run comes to an end.

BomberJosh

Team Captain
Feb 26, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
LA Lakers
Can't seem to get the resolution of the game to fit my 1920x1080p laptop screen, it's always just too big cutting out some of the screen?

Back