Relegation Battle

Remove this Banner Ad

P.S not that it really matters but many thought Defoe was offside for the second goal - he even looked over at the linesman when he scored.

Yeah said as much to Jatz above, but I suppose that's me making excuses again. :p

What excuses have I made? I expected a result at the start of the week and said result happened.

We had a horrific red card against Watford and still beat them, that was unexpected as well. You swap those results and have a Sunderland win and a Watford loss and we're in the same position.
Weird logic but ok

Weird logic but ok

Not really, but ok. It felt at the start of the week that some were pumping Hull's tires so that in the event of a loss they could carry on about how much we'd blown things, which is why I was very keen to underline how Sunderland was in many ways the toughest fixture remaining for us.

Not really, but ok. It felt at the start of the week that some were pumping Hull's tires so that in the event of a loss they could carry on about how much we'd blown things, which is why I was very keen to underline how Sunderland was in many ways the toughest fixture remaining for us.
I think people were pumping you up because they genuinely want you to stay up. With all respect to the Swansea guy on here, you are more of a daily presence around BF and it would be a shame to lose you from the Prem match-day threads again.

I think people were pumping you up because they genuinely want you to stay up. With all respect to the Swansea guy on here, you are more of a daily presence around BF and it would be a shame to lose you from the Prem match-day threads again.
Don't think you'd be getting rid of SM that easily ;) He'd still post just as much, just not about Hull as much.

That's what I assumed. The highlights I saw didn't show a good angle of it but I couldn't figure out how he got that far in front. The whole thing seemed to happen in slow motion.

Yeah I still haven't seen a proper side on look at it, but Ranocchia seems convinced he's offside so it's a bit weird if he wasn't.

Sure, guess I just mean it's been a weird week where I've been playing down our chances and now still seem to be copping it for my team slipping up when I've been saying all along Swansea are in the box seat lol.

Don't think you'd be getting rid of SM that easily ;) He'd still post just as much, just not about Hull as much.
Thank God - it just wouldn't be the same without my old sparring partner!

Haha yeah, and I'm sure we will all be kept in the loop as to how Hull are traveling in the Championship, whether we like it or not. :D
Er, no. I didn't do that at all last time we were down, and barely talk about hull in match day threads unless asked about us as it is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hell, why did Hull have this lull? They've got themselves in such a hole now. Big hill for them to climb I reckon

Hell, why did Hull have this lull? They've got themselves in such a hole now. Big hill for them to climb I reckon

It's typical us though, Sunderland will lose 3-0 to Swansea and we'll be rooted. It always seems to be us where the crap team plays well, then lays back down.

That said, if they do back up and knock Swansea off and we can get a win at Palace, last day will be pretty fascinating.

I hope it's still to be decided on MD38. The last day of the Championship was great for the drama it created.

Our relegation/safety always seems to hinge on United getting a result/losing haha.

The Tees-Wear derby will be the marquee matchup of the Championship for the next few seasons. :thumbsu:

Slugging it out for the bragging rights of being the second biggest club in the north east. :p

The Tyne-Wear Derby will be back in the EPL to make you cry quicker than you think.

Smoggies and Mackems with tantalising away trips to Burton and Fleetwood. ;)

Sunderland-Banner-Mackems-Lets-Get-Ready-To-Crumble-768x507.png

Boro if they can keep the core of their squad together might start next season as one of the favourites to come back. Though I did read a stat that only a handful of teams have bounced back with promotion after relegation (might be something like 3 or 4 in 6 seasons IIRC).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back