Relegation Race

Remove this Banner Ad

Reckon you'd be a better chance at the Lane or the KC? Away games can galvanise a squad.

Yep, better atmosphere too. Our stadium is just toxic at the moment, like SJP.

Yep, better atmosphere too. Our stadium is just toxic at the moment, like SJP.

Yep, its the reason I'm looking forward to the away game at QPR (who apparently aren't offering much resistance at home anyway). Playing away from a volatile home crowd will potentially take a lot of pressure and expectation off the team and allow them to focus more on the job at hand.

Promises to be a tense final couple of games for the teams in question - Burnley and QPR have taken 2 of the relegation places following the weekend's results but there's 1 spot left with 5 teams battling to avoid that dread last spot...

Current table:
288A4EC000000578-3075952-image-a-20_1431289527921.jpg

What is it? 40 points is usually the safety mark.

That means Villa need a win or 2 draws, Leicester needs a win from one of their games or Sunderland need a win and a draw.

Leicester and Villa play the bottom two at home in the final round. Banana skins but not very slippery.

IMO Villa, Leicester, Sunderland and Newcastle have relatively easy games and will each pick up at least 1 point.

Sunderland will get nothing from the Chelsea and Arsenal games. They will be pushing hard to get the win over Leicester. What a weekend!

Thought this was an interesting graphic to share as well - this is the bottom of the table for if the PL season started when Carver took over.
288A4EC500000578-3075952-image-a-19_1431289454914.jpg
The reason Newcastle are going down: The fans. You gave Pardew so much s**t he left, now the team has collapsed.

(Sorry, I like you, but you set up a nice troll)[/QUOTE]

That means Villa need a win or 2 draws, Leicester needs a win from one of their games or Sunderland need a win and a draw.

Leicester and Villa play the bottom two at home in the final round. Banana skins but not very slippery.

IMO Villa, Leicester, Sunderland and Newcastle have relatively easy games and will each pick up at least 1 point.

Sunderland will get nothing from the Chelsea and Arsenal games. They will be pushing hard to get the win over Leicester. What a weekend!
40 points is more than enough. Hull can only reach that if they do the double over United and Tottenham. Sunderland would need 4 points against us, Arsenal and Chelsea.

Whoever the 3rd team to go down is, I doubt they'll get too close to 40.

The reason Newcastle are going down: The fans. You gave Pardew so much s**t he left, now the team has collapsed.

(Sorry, I like you, but you set up a nice troll)

Why do you feel the constant need to troll people?

40 points is more than enough. Hull can only reach that if they do the double over United and Tottenham. Sunderland would need 4 points against us, Arsenal and Chelsea.

Whoever the 3rd team to go down is, I doubt they'll get too close to 40.
If Leicester and Hull get up this weekend then Hull are in the box seat. Otherwise its too close to call.

Why do you feel the constant need to troll people?
Love the irony of you saying that. Probably would've loved it more if Cruyff did it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hull are doomed unfortunately, pending a miracle. Too many good players that shouldn't be in the position they are, to be honest I don't like Steve Bruce and think he's an all-round s**t bloke, but the players need to be accountable too. Huddlestone for one hasn't stood up enough & let the team down with a sending off recently as well. It's also a shame that McGregor went from being really good to really terrible, almost Howard-esque this season

Hull are doomed unfortunately, pending a miracle. Too many good players that shouldn't be in the position they are, to be honest I don't like Steve Bruce and think he's an all-round s**t bloke, but the players need to be accountable too. Huddlestone for one hasn't stood up enough & let the team down with a sending off recently as well. It's also a shame that McGregor went from being really good to really terrible, almost Howard-esque this season

I think McGregor and Howard are the bottom two in regards to shots on target per goals conceded.

I haven't given up hope, but if we lose to Spurs then we're done. Can't see us coming back from there despite being mathematically still in the hunt.

Out of interest what makes Bruce a s**t bloke in your eyes? Seems to conduct himself pretty well in the media and outside of Moomba haven't heard many others who don't like him.

Should definitely be a entertaining night for all neutrals. Though, the fans of the teams involved will be getting all the range of emotions I'm sure. Doubt there will be many fingernails left.

(Sorry, I like you, but you set up a nice troll)

The funny thing is DB, even if we do go down, I think a lot of Toon fans would still look back at Pardew's departure as one of the rare highlights of a pretty bleak season (granted we got Carver who is somehow more inept).

I'll be the first to admit that there's plenty that smells funky in the Toon house but I wouldn't put the mistreated fanbase as one of them to be honest.

Despite all the rubbish they've had to endure and put up with, they still traveled up and down the country to support a poor team play and that didn't give much joy or entertainment back. They still nearly packed out St James' Park at most games this season The support for the team was almost always there, just that they weren't happy with how things were being (and are still) run.

Let's keep the personal stuff out of it.

It was a friendly dig. If Nufc has a problem with it, he can delete it.

Meh, water off a duck's back. The NUFC regime deserve all the criticism from opposition supporters IMO.

At least Richmond and the Jets are giving me plenty of joy. Oh wait. :$:confused:

I think McGregor and Howard are the bottom two in regards to shots on target per goals conceded.

I haven't given up hope, but if we lose to Spurs then we're done. Can't see us coming back from there despite being mathematically still in the hunt.

Out of interest what makes Bruce a s**t bloke in your eyes? Seems to conduct himself pretty well in the media and outside of Moomba haven't heard many others who don't like him.

It's the vibe, it's the law, it's Mabo....it's the vibe. He just reminds me too much of Mark Hughes, who I despise

Ironically they hate each other. :p

I like Bruce more lol

Probably should clarify there's not many managers I like, if I made a league table for gaffers Hull would probably be top half

Huge results tonight. Leicester safe. Sunderland could be in trouble with games against Arsenal & Chelsea. I thought Hull would pick up at least a point against Spurs.

In Hull ' s favour United will probably play kids & Falcao & they would prefer Hull stays in the PL giving them an easy 6 points next season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back