Religion Religions and rudeness.

Remove this Banner Ad

But you’re tarring everything with your own experience.. sorry to hear about your abuse...
But you’re tarring everything with your own experience.. sorry to hear about your abuse...
Are you serious?

My abuse made me ask lots of questions and find out what and why it happened. What I discovered led me to where I am today and the view that I hold. It didn’t tar me, it enlightened me to the lies, bullshit and hypocrisy. In the words of the late Kerry Packer - “I’ve been to the other side sonny, and there’s ******* nothing there”

Those followers, and other soulless religious folks, are even prepared to give up their slender grasp of reality, so they can embrace such a putrid rejection of what it is to be human. What an insult to, and rejection of, Being.

Yet religious folks are more charitable towards their fellow humans than non believers.

Nah. Probably not linked to sex. Possibly more linked to social interactions and working cooperatively. Also don't know if it is nurture or nature. If it is nature then I also don't know which is the mutant - the religious experiencer or the non-experiencer. Just that some people react to religion in a completely different way than I do.

Probably more about the structure, the hierarchical structure, it acts as a formula for the constantly repeated experiment giving the same results. The universal “consciousness”, but, IMO, only controlled by the visceral. Like a sensory homunculus.

Ok you clearly dont understand what the christian and islam religion is. They arent seen as choices. Their followers believe they are objective universal determinators of good and evil. A religious person is doing the moral thing by shoving their views down non believers throats because they are saving your souls. To ignore non believers and not try to help them is the equivalient of ignoring your neighbour being murdered. Would you ignore a neighbour being murdered?

The problem is that the religious cannot PROVE any of their bullshit claims.

And it is bullshit.

Good news everyone: Notre Dame has burned down.

And where was God? Certainly not omnipresent enough to protect one of his own cathedrals.

But the Christians will have you believe that this is part of "God's plan." Like cancer, famine, war, flying planes into buildings and Donald Trump. It's all part of some mythical plan.

Believing in a deity of any sort is a mental illness.

And where was God? Certainly not omnipresent enough to protect one of his own cathedrals.

But the Christians will have you believe that this is part of "God's plan." Like cancer, famine, war, flying planes into buildings and Donald Trump. It's all part of some mythical plan.

I don’t think it’s in the DSM V

(Log in to remove this ad.)

God was there micromanaging it at the atomic scale - every atom of carbon from the building reacting with two oxygen from the surrounding air to turn into carbon dioxide. God was there arranging each and every atom.

Yet religious folks are more charitable towards their fellow humans than non believers.
Can you provide evidence for your claim. If they do they probably do it out of self interest ie. they want the reward in the afterlife whereas the non believers do it because they believe it's the right thing to do.

I suppose the vatican sets a good example though:rolleyes:.

Bankers' best guesses about the Vatican's wealth put it at $10 billion to $15 billion. Of this wealth, Italian stockholdings alone run to $1.6 billion, 15% of the value of listed shares on the Italian market. The Vatican has big investments in banking, insurance, chemicals, steel, construction, real estate.
1555383308272.png
Disgusting hypocrisy.

Could it be the religious "tarring everything with their ignorance and gullibility"?

Can you provide evidence for your claim. If they do they probably do it out of self interest ie. they want the reward in the afterlife whereas the non believers do it because they believe it's the right thing to do.

I suppose the vatican sets a good example though:rolleyes:.

Bankers' best guesses about the Vatican's wealth put it at $10 billion to $15 billion. Of this wealth, Italian stockholdings alone run to $1.6 billion, 15% of the value of listed shares on the Italian market. The Vatican has big investments in banking, insurance, chemicals, steel, construction, real estate.
View attachment 655762
Disgusting hypocrisy.

"Charitable" donations being put to good use over the years. Feeding the hungry maybe?

Diffuse idiopathic skeletal hyperostosis (DISH) is a common but often unrecognized systemic disorder observed mainly in the elderly. DISH is diagnosed when the anterior longitudinal ligament of the spine is ossified on at least four contiguous spinal levels or when multiple peripheral enthesopathies are present. The etiology of DISH is unknown but previous studies have shown a strong association with obesity and insulin-independent diabetes mellitus. DISH can lead to back pain, dysphagia, myelopathy, musculoskeletal impairment and grossly unstable spine fractures after minor trauma. In archeological studies a high prevalence of DISH has been demonstrated in ancient clergymen. The present study describes the pathological changes of human remains excavated from the abbey court (Pandhof) in the city of Maastricht, The Netherlands. Human remains of 51 individuals buried between 275 and 1795 ce were excavated and examined. The remains were investigated according to a standardized physical anthropological report and individuals demonstrating ossification of spinal ligaments and/or multiple peripheral enthesopathies were included in the study group. The authors reviewed all available material and after reaching consensus, each abnormality found was given a diagnosis and subsequently recorded. After examination, 28 individuals were considered to be adult males; 11 adult females; three adults of indeterminate sex and nine individuals were of sub adult age. The mean age at death for adults was 36.8 years. Seventeen adult individuals (40.4% of all adults), displayed ossifications of at least four contiguous spinal levels and/or multiple enthesopathies of the appendicular skeleton and were therefore, assigned the diagnosis DISH. The mean age of these individuals was 49.5 ± 13.0 years. In at least three of these individuals, DISH had led to extensive ossification and subsequent ankylosis of axial and peripheral skeletal structures. In this population of (presumably) clergymen and high-ranking citizens, DISH was observed in unusual high numbers at a relatively young age. Some of the examined cases suggest that DISH may be a seriously incapacitating disorder when the more advanced stages of the disease have been reached. It is hypothesized that “a monastic way of life” can predispose to DISH. Present demographic trends in obesity and diabetes mellitus as potential co-factors for the development of DISH warrant further study to investigate its future prevalence.

From a disaster can come something positive:

caf863f3-e8b7-4028-a189-950a2117f8f9.jpg

French billionaire and luxury good mogul François-Henri Pinault, who also owns the French Ligue 1 Stade Rennais soccer team, has pledged €100 million to the reconstruction of the ravaged cathedral

Whether this would be God's intention is another story.

This was organised and planned. A sign to the entire world that Christianity will be burned to the ground. Sources suggest those who organised it did so to let France know Christians are no longer in control.

The media isn't reporting it because it upsets the narrative and they don't want to cause trouble. Scary times. That was a beautiful piece of architecture. A sad day for art.

I'm deeply upset this happened to you that is completely against the bible and the perpetrators will have to give an account on judgement day I wouldn't want to be them

I'm greatly remorseful for the actions of the these people noone deserves that i know its no constalation but if I can help in anyway please let me know once again I'm truly sorry this happened to you
Thank You for your sentiment - for the people still “backing the Church” - you may be interested to know that the Church and it’s SCUM lawyers continue to try and screw people over despite their very public utterings to the contrary. On time they will be exposed for what the really are. Bookmark it!

This was organised and planned. A sign to the entire world that Christianity will be burned to the ground. Sources suggest those who organised it did so to let France know Christians are no longer in control.

The media isn't reporting it because it upsets the narrative and they don't want to cause trouble. Scary times.
How'd you find out?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back