Religion Religions and rudeness.

Remove this Banner Ad

If a sky pixie said that I deserve to be tortured for my unbelief, why can't I take revenge by calling it a sky pixie? Clearly I'm being the better man. ;)

You have some strange morals, mate. Torture is fine, but calling god a sky pixie offends you.
religion is personal

if you don't think you'll be tortured you won't!
lol

but the nastiness is funny to watch in you

Go blow some steam off mate!

you're not going to get a reaction to your nasty rants

most of us are discussing

Two Black Knights going at it.
This should be interesting!

There's no doubt that scientific knowledge 1000 years from now will be leaps and bounds ahead of where we are now. I think you've taken the mindset that "the science crowd" are closed-minded when nothing could be further from the truth. As scientific knowledge develops, so will the views of "the science crowd".

In contrast to that, the religious crowd have unchanging ancient books that can only move with the times through new interpretations. The evidence rarely changes in any meaningful way, and they're based on the intellectually dishonest position that a final conclusion is made before evaluating evidence.

I don't feel the necessity to disprove any ideas that are presented without any accompanying objective evidence. Many spiritual and religious ideas are possible in the sense that they haven't been completely falsified, but that doesn't make them probable. Those spiritual ideas that we "can't measure or don't understand" include nonsense like horoscopes and palm reading.

Spirituality is the bastion of pseudoscientific charlatans that take advantage of the ignorance and hopes of people. If your view is that all of it potentially has validity simply because science doesn't explain what they claim to have answers to, I'd say you're gullible.

You seem to be assuming that 'spirituality' will fill some of the gaps in our knowledge, but don't provide any justification for that view. When has spirituality falsified any scientific theory?

Show me adequate objective evidence and I'll believe anything. Isn't that the definition of open-mindedness?
and how did you come to that conclusion?

in one thousand years so unless you think you're in the inner circle of post humanism you just made a claim you can't prove!

lol

Last edited:

religion is personal

lol

What nastiness?

Sky pixie says that I deserve to be tortured, and I call him a sky pixie. I'm being far kinder than god, am I not?

Given the self-contradictory nature of your sky pixie, and the complete lack of objective evidence showing that biblegod is real, I'm not the least bit worried about threats written by men on behalf of your particular version of sky pixie.

If you want a discussion, please discuss the following:

“Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?”

Epicurus

and how did you come to that conclusion?

in one thousand years so unless you think you're in the inner circle of post humanism you just made a claim you can't prove!

lol
Are you suggesting that the development of scientific knowledge will stagnate for the next 1000 years in the same way that Christianity has?

religion is personal

lol

The way you write ‘lol’ in almost all of your posts is really quite rude.

If you genuinely want to have a discussion then I think you could start by cutting that out.

religion is personal

lol

Is this an admission that religion is all fantasy and made up? Sounds like it to me. And if you think this way then why argue with us? We all know it's fantasy land nonsense.

lol

Is this an admission that religion is all fantasy and made up? Sounds like it to me. And if you think this way then why argue with us? We all know it's fantasy land nonsense.

lol
love is personal

you can't prove love

we have abstract intelligence to know it exists but you can't show it

abstract intelligence hmmmm lol

not fantasy my friend

you're unaware of the beauty of faith

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you saying Christianity is the same now as 1,000 years ago and didnt change in between ?

Shouldn't the infallible word of a god (a god that knows everything - and therefore always knew the question, glaring inconsistencies, errors and plagiarisms that people would become aware of) remain unchanged for all eternity? Why should this religion evolve and change? A god should do better.

Are you saying Christianity is the same now as 1,000 years ago and didnt change in between ?
Religion is a social construct impacted by the time and culture it 'lives' in. If you account for that, do you see any evidence of Christianity evolving?

We dont see a lot of children being stoned for disobeying their parents.

Not a lot of witch trials either.

Because people's common sense prevailed.

If we follow 'the word of god' literally (and why shouldn't we?) then we should still be doing these things. Muslim extremists who take the Koran literally are still doing these things.

Because people's common sense prevailed.

If we follow 'the word of god' literally (and why shouldn't we?) then we should still be doing these things. Muslim extremists who take the Koran literally are still doing these things.
Haven't you heard J2S, god works in mysterious ways:rolleyes:.

Haven't you heard J2S, god works in mysterious ways:rolleyes:.

Oh yeah I forgot about that.

Who am I to question why the all powerful, all loving, omnipotent and omniscient being would leave it up to us to interpret what he wants and what he doesn't like, as opposed to just telling us straight up and being clear about it? You know, as one would reasonably expect.

How presumptuous of me.

Yeah stupid argument. It.s like saying the pathetic, ski going mupppets won a bunch of flags in the 50s they are somehow relevant.

Protestants are akin to Hawthorn - brought the light when there was only darkness. Delivered us from Essendon evil.

No greater resurrection than Glenferrie one.

I don't understand christians, or christianity. I've spent my whole life trying to figure out why christians are consistently the most immoral people I have ever come across, but I have never gotten any closer to an answer.

I don't understand christians, or christianity. I've spent my whole life trying to figure out why christians are consistently the most immoral people I have ever come across, but I have never gotten any closer to an answer.

Well some, but it’s an interesting one, i suppose a system that wipes the slate clean so easily with a few prayers and teaches that salvation lies in an external source doesn’t promote any sort of true responsibility for self action and moral development.

No need to overthink it really. It's a part of human nature according to Christians to be flawed, in need of saving, or immoral as you may say. This natural urge to do immoral things is ok when paired with some kind of reconciliation every now and then.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back