Religion Religions and rudeness.

Jun 11, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
love is personal

you can't prove love

I thought love, or its effects anyway, could be measured scientifically?

Table-1.png

SOURCE: http://sitn.hms.harvard.edu/flash/2017/love-actually-science-behind-lust-attraction-companionship/

I wonder if religious ecstasy involves similar hormones spiking, but to different stimuli?

May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
Religion is just an excuse to justify learned behaviours.

Give me someone who flat out just doesn't like gays or blacks or muzzos or whoever it is they don't like for whatever reason it is they don't like them over some penarse who tries to hide behind scripture. If for example you don't like immigants because they took our jerbs I am some chance of convincing you to review that position. If you don't like something or someone because Jesus then you are pretty much a lost cause. No matter how compelling the argument or evidence, the same 'but Bible' fallback will remain.

A bunch of people sitting around in a circle telling each other that God wants them to do/say/think stuff is exactly the same as a bunch of people sitting around in a circle telling each other exactly the same stuff ('You hate NTTAWWTs? No way, I hate NTTAWWTs too!') without the God delusion. That's literally all any religious grouping is, a bunch of people with shared superstitions, beliefs and practices. Except that if you call if religion then you expect everyone else to tolerate it. It's the height of arrogance.

If your position is abhorrent then your position is abhorrent. End of.

loveshak

Rookie
Jul 28, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Why is it religions think they have the right to force their garbage onto everyone else.

Most people who love fairytales just enjoy it and don't feel the need to push it on others.

Not cults.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Because they think they are saving us!

Brainwash.....A very bad thing! A very very bad thing!

Wind Guard

All Australian
Aug 2, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Any connections between religion and the existence of a creator or God are tenuous and purely coincidental.

The only barrier to the progress of scientific knowledge has been religion.

Can’t believe in these enlightened times that people still hang on to faith (fairy dust).

Back