One 2 Roo

All Australian
Sep 21, 2010
Bris Vegas
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
More detail to be released today for RD 9.

Played so far

Nth
WB
Coll
Rich
Carl
Fre
Ade *

Remaining

Bris
GC
WC
PA
Haw
Gee
Mel
Ess
GWS
Syd

A softish draw so far. Remaining fixture includes 3 of the current bottom four. Taking nothing for granted, but a win in all 3 will give us 6. 9 or 10 wins and we play finals. Hopefully the loss on the weekend does not come back to bite.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One 2 Roo

All Australian
Sep 21, 2010
Bris Vegas
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
IF (big if atm) we can beat all of Ade, Syd and Mel. We will need to get another 3 wins from games against Haw, GC, GWS, Ess or Gee.

Bris, PA and WC may be out of reach for us.

bird_man

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 14, 2012
The River Murray
AFL Club
St Kilda
IF (big if atm) we can beat all of Ade, Syd and Mel. We will need to get another 3 wins from games against Haw, GC, GWS, Ess or Gee.

I'm not sure if 9 wins guarantees you a spot in the finals either. I reckon we'd have to have a very good percentage as well.

BrutThough

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 2, 2010
AFL Club
St Kilda

Our competitiveness against Brisbane and PA will largely come down to where the game is played.

Brisbane away from the Gabba and Port away from their fortress of Metricon or Adelaide Oval are slightly more winnable but we would still be massive underdogs.

plugger66

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC
I honestly think we have no hope of playing finals unless we fix 2 things. The midfield and our interstate record. Can’t see the midfield being fixed this year but the interstate record may. Nothing has changed by opinion of winning between 6 and 8 and finishing 10th to 14th

PostmanBish

Team Captain
Sep 6, 2019
AFL Club
St Kilda
I'm not sure if 9 wins guarantees you a spot in the finals either. I reckon we'd have to have a very good percentage as well.
The only blessing out of the weekend is we didn't get blown out by 10 goals and really screw the percentage down ... a pity we completely **** the bed in the final minute and didn't split the points - in a season like this a draw is almost as good as a win, so even that was a missed opportunity among myriad missed opportunities during the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

bird_man

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 14, 2012
The River Murray
AFL Club
St Kilda
Where are people reading the news of the Port game?

Makes sense when they are wanting to jam these next lot of games in close to just keep us there.

Might as well get it over and done with. Hopefully we can get a big win against the Crows and go in with a bit of confidence.

Munga

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 2, 2003
Absent
AFL Club
St Kilda
Weren't Port and Crows in Queensland for a month, and now we get to Queensland but we have to play both of them now they've returned to SA? How bloody backwards is that! Why not send us to SA for a few weeks first instead of damn Noosa??

BrutThough

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 2, 2010
AFL Club
St Kilda
Weren't Port and Crows in Queensland for a month, and now we get to Queensland but we have to play both of them now they've returned to SA? How bloody backwards is that! Why not send us to SA for a few weeks first instead of damn Noosa??
Because we weren't allowed in SA before we did two weeks quarantine outside of Victoria.

Munga

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 2, 2003
Absent
AFL Club
St Kilda
Because we weren't allowed in SA before we did two weeks quarantine outside of Victoria.
Ahhh, got it...

So why don't we play in Queensland for two weeks THEN send us to SA for a fortnight? I know the AFL are busy men atm, but it just seems like there was zero consideration for us there.

StWalrus

Debutant
Nov 14, 2019
Brisbane
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Liverpool
This week is a must-win if we're to attempt to play against Port the following round. I think the back to back games in Adelaide will give us better preparation for Port but it's very unlikely we'll win anyway, hope we can keep as much of our percentage as possible and be fresh to go against whoever it is in Rd 9.

Top Bottom