Discussion Remaining Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

Going to preface this post by saying that I am pessimistic by nature and do not seriously expect this to happen, HOWEVER...

If results go the way of the favourites for the rest of the round this will be the final eight;

1. Port Adelaide
2. Brisbane
3. Richmond
4. Geelong
5. West Coast
6. St.Kilda
7. Western Bulldogs
8. Collingwood

First week of finals;
1. Port Adelaide v 4. Geelong
2. Brisbane v 3. Richmond
5. West Coast v 8. Collingwood
6. St.Kilda v 7. Western Bulldogs

Lets say Port beat Geelong in Adelaide. That's not out of the realms of possibility at all. Then, lets say Richmond beat Brisbane based on finals experience/form. West Coast beat Collingwood in WA, and we beat the Bulldogs (beaten them earlier this year). Then this would be week 2 of the finals;

2. Brisbane v 6. St.Kilda
5. West Coast v 4. Geelong

Now we only lost by 2 points to the Lions earlier in the year, so we could actually win this game. West Coast would have to play Geelong in Brisbane, lets say Geelong win. Week three of the finals;

1. Port Adelaide v 6. St.Kilda
3. Richmond v 4. Geelong

We would probably play Port in Adelaide - where we have beaten them already this year, and convincingly too. Again, not outside the realms of possibility. Richmond to take care of Geelong in the other prelim.

It would set up a Richmond v St.Kilda Grand Final. We've beaten the Tigers already this year, too....

If results go our way we could have setup for a dream finals run where we could avoid playing the Eagles in Perth and Geelong who smashed us.

Not getting ahead of myself or anything...LOL

Going to preface this post by saying that I am pessimistic by nature and do not seriously expect this to happen, HOWEVER...

If results go the way of the favourites for the rest of the round this will be the final eight;

1. Port Adelaide
2. Brisbane
3. Richmond
4. Geelong
5. West Coast
6. St.Kilda
7. Western Bulldogs
8. Collingwood

First week of finals;

Lets say Port beat Geelong in Adelaide. That's not out of the realms of possibility at all. Then, lets say Richmond beat Brisbane based on finals experience/form. West Coast beat Collingwood in WA, and we beat the Bulldogs (beaten them earlier this year). Then this would be week 2 of the finals;

Now we only lost by 2 points to the Lions earlier in the year, so we could actually win this game. West Coast would have to play Geelong in Brisbane, lets say Geelong win. Week three of the finals;

3. Richmond v 4. Geelong

We would probably play Port in Adelaide - where we have beaten them already this year, and convincingly too. Again, not outside the realms of possibility. Richmond to take care of Geelong in the other prelim.

It would set up a Richmond v St.Kilda Grand Final. We've beaten the Tigers already this year, too....

If results go our way we could have setup for a dream finals run where we could avoid playing the Eagles in Perth and Geelong who smashed us.

Subscribe

1. Port Adelaide
2. Brisbane
3. Richmond
4. Geelong
5. West Coast
6. St.Kilda
7. Western Bulldogs
8. Collingwood

First week of finals;

3. Richmond v 4. Geelong

Please don't stop

In another dimension, Melbourne are currently 1.5% away from what would've been our 111.2% had we not won last night.

This place would be going mad
Please, it was never in doubt LOL:moustache:

1. Port Adelaide
2. Brisbane
3. Richmond
4. Geelong
5. West Coast
6. St.Kilda
7. Western Bulldogs
8. Collingwood

First week of finals;

3. Richmond v 4. Geelong

If you're in , there's a chance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is the only interstate game the first game or do port get another game? I know Perth don’t but I’m unsure about port.
higher team on the ladder gets the home final. if their government rules allows it.

Excuse my ignorance but what are the dates of the finals? Have I heard there is a bye before they start or am I dreaming?

Heading up to Barnbougle for a gold weekend with some mates and trying to get my the bookings right.
Thursday Friday Saturday week. George said wce play Thursday so we are either Friday or Saturday. Love barnbougle. Lucky man. My local course is 2 k from my house, Yarra Yarra, but can’t play it until the 27th of October because it’s so dangerous playing golf apparently.

Excuse my ignorance but what are the dates of the finals? Have I heard there is a bye before they start or am I dreaming?

Heading up to Barnbougle for a gold weekend with some mates and trying to get my the bookings right.
Lucky man love Barnbougle enjoy
Have you played King island yet

Thursday Friday Saturday week. George said wce play Thursday so we are either Friday or Saturday. Love barnbougle. Lucky man. My local course is 2 k from my house, Yarra Yarra, but can’t play it until the 27th of October because it’s so dangerous playing golf apparently.

So no games next weekend then they start on the following Thursday?

We are going up on the weekend of the 2nd of October.

Annual pilgrimage with 3 mates, it is usually 4 but one of mates now lives in Melbourne can not escape to get down for it. We play The Dunes one day and Lost Farm the next. We are not great golfers but it is a great weekend and I'm looking forward to it. We catch up, talk crap and play a bit of golf.

This week has been extremely hard - my 13 year old son's best mate (who was only 12) died in his sleep Wednesday night, it has put everything in perspective. The need to talk and keep my young bloke busy has been essential he is very lucky to have a supportive group of friends and the school has been great.

My mate in Melbourne is extremely frustrated not being able to join us and not being able to play.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back