Discussion Remaining Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m actually quite keen. What a way to make a statement to a lot of people who doubt us (which they ever every right too at this point).
Verusing a top team away from Marvel. Great opportunity
Need to get past the bottom side before we get too excited a out playing the top side.

RD 8 v Port in Adelaide confirmed. No mention on whether we will spend the 5 days in-between games in Adelaide, but one would assume we would.

Update - according to the Herald Sun, we will be flying back and forth from Noosa for both the games despite it only being a 5 days break.

We have officially been screwed here

Update - according to the Herald Sun, we will be flying back and forth from Noosa for both the games despite it only being a 5 days break.

That’s life. I bet most clubs if not all have been screwed. If you want fairness I think you need to follow another sport. I’d be more worried about beating Adelaide than worrying about a week later

It sucks that we have to play Port away from home again but at least we get a FTA Saturday night game, something that has been a rarity for us in recent years.

That makes no sense, surely the most sensible thing to do would be to stay in Adelaide in between those 2 games.

Should have known any chance that the AFL got they would re schedule us to go to Adel yet again to play Port!
This nightmare will never end. I am now convinced they want to rename us the Port Adel Saints! It is obviously written in stone that no Port Adel team should ever venture to Melb to play StKilda ever again. Something about a shift in the Earth's atmosphere and the northern lights prohibit this from ever taking place again!

F#ckin typical. Watch Ben Long get rubbed out for eternity now!

That can't possibly be right. Would be utterly ridiculous.
That makes no sense, surely the most sensible thing to do would be to stay in Adelaide in between those 2 games.
I just checked The Age who said we will "stay in Adelaide to face Port".

So looks like at this stage, no one knows what we are going to do.

I just checked The Age who said we will "stay in Adelaide to face Port".

So looks like at this stage, no one knows what we are going to do.
I didn’t think we were allowed as they wouldn’t let sides hub there. Either way I’m more worried about Adelaide than a side we most likely have no hope against.

I didn’t think we were allowed as they wouldn’t let sides hub there. Either way I’m more worried about Adelaide than a side we most likely have no hope against.
We would have cleared our 2 weeks quarantine which allows us in the State.

I dont know whether setting up for 5 days in a hotel really qualifies as a hub either. Lethers has already said we were staying the Monday night then flying to Noosa Tuesday. Whats another few days?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dont know whether setting up for 5 days in a hotel really qualifies as a hub either. Lethers has already said we were staying the Monday night then flying to Noosa Tuesday. Whats another few days?
Well obviously we think that’s best or we aren’t allowed to stay. The afl would let us stay for sure if we wanted or allowed. Anyway I’ve marked that as a clear loss wherever it is. I want Adelaide to be a clear win.

Wasn't the problem they needed teams to do a 2 week quarantine which they now won't need to do coming from Queensland?
As much as I’m not a fan of the schedule I’d hate to be responsible for doing the fixturing at the moment, or for organising the clubs movements from one week to the next. Everything is all over the place.

I don't see why staying in a hotel for 5 days would be a problem but if they aren't able to train there as well they would probably be better off going back to Noosa.

I hope the experience toughens us up. Anywhere, anytime. Was that GT?
New team, something has to galvanise them for the tougher situations that occur.

We've been cruising in two games and lost them when challenged hard. We've got to get better at adversity.
It would be very St Kilda to lose to Adelaide and beat Port. Our best is the best for years. But our worst is back where we started.

We need to be able to grind out wins when we need to. Bit like a batsman still getting runs when out of form and the bowlers are all over them.
At the moment we don't have that. Middle ground.

Thais will make it 3 of the last 23 games against Port Since 2001 out of Vic. Including 14 in Adelaide.

Competition is embarrassing and an absolute farce.
This is a pretty weird year though. We were actually going to play them in Melbourne at one stage this year.

The AFL - "We need a bunny to cop both the Adelaide teams back to back. Let's use the Saints. Never mind that we've just packed them off to a supposed hub in Noosa. They won't mind. They're used to playing Port over there. I mean when did we ever let them play Port in Victoria." They all laugh. "Yeah right, let's just shaft the suckers again."

Noosa is where they live now
After Adelaide they’ll fly back and will be free to roam around then fly back to Adelaide on the day . Do the AFL provide a direct flight ? How longs the flight ?
No chance of beating port .
All flights are charter flights.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back